Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I used Likas Papaya soap which dried my face a little out.
Then yesterday i used 8% Glycolic acid for 2 mins and neutralized it with baking soda and water. But i have red dry patches on some areas. Is that normal as my skin was dry? Will it go aay or shall i scrub it away?
Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Those are generally called 'hot spots' (from the peel) and will go away on their own. Do NOT scrub them! You will damage the skin and can cause pigment problems and scabbing. Just let it run it's course and you'll be fine. I would recommend putting some neosporin or just plain vaseline on the spots.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hi, I used Likas Papaya soap which dried my face a little out.
Then yesterday i used 8% Glycolic acid for 2 mins and neutralized it with baking soda and water. But i have red dry patches on some areas. Is that normal as my skin was dry? Will it go aay or shall i scrub it away?
Thanks
Hi meera, plse be cautious!. If the papaya soap dried out your skin, then the glycolic acid is gonna dry it even further. The red patches does not sound good. Your skin is now sensitive in these areas. Plse do not scrub it!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for ur answers. the dry red patches got better. now they r almost gone fully. i didnt scrub. patience is a virtue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts