Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On monday I used a natura bisse extreme peel, which I believe is a glycolic peel but not sure what the strength it is (it was a sample pack) and today my skin is a little red, puckered and a bit flakey. I'm afraid this horrible looking skin may last a while and I have some place to be on saturday. Do you think my skin will not be so red and puckered by saturday? I am still using Renova every night w/no problems. will putting anitbiotic ointment on it at nights help?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
HI kiera
I would stop the Renova for now and use Emu Oil to soothe and heal and add back some moisture. After your event on Sat you could go back to the Renova to try to peel it. You should be fine. Have a great time!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Put the Emu oil on at night slather on thickly then get into a very warm shower don't rinse it off for at least 5 min longer if you can.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, I hear what you're saying about the emu oil. I don't have any, can I use an essential oil instead? also is there any way I could speed up the peeling process so that it will be done by saturday? I could just kick myself for doing this but I had tried this stuff once before and the peeling was very light the next day and that was it. this time my skin is acting all crazy and puckered---that's what I hate is the skin puckering and looking more wrinkled than it really is!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Use olive oil, almond oil, vit E if you have it. When I do TCA and my skin is rough and crinkly I put RA on to speed the peeling but if you are raw or red I wouldn't just the oil.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
If you can't find any oil you can use the antibiotic cream if it is the same one I use it is almost like Vaseline.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
kiera, stop using everything but the antibiotic ointment, you dont want to scar ur skin, ur skin is repairing itself and making way for new skin after ur peel, it is crucial for people to understand not to use any topicals after peels because ur skin needs to slough off the red, burned, skin from the chemical peel. I did a high concentration of Glycolic Acid last week and it left me with very crinkled, looked sunburned, and dry skin, well i didnt use ANYTHIng except antibiotic ointment - neosporin and the skin healed beautifully, I didnt even take hot showers just medium cold. I also popped tons of multivitamins and had fiber and greens shakees to help and the old, red, skin just came off on its own when I washed my face with water.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay guys, thanks. It's almost like I need to be talked down from over doing my skin sometimes! Crazy! It's so funny sometimes that things I do to make my skin look younger sometime temporarily ages it i.e. the uneven, puckered skin around my mouth that will soon slough off to reveal pink, soft skin. right now I look about 80 around my mouth and like I have been smoking cigarettes since birth!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have to ask this stupid question. How old are y'all doing these crazy chemical peels? Aside from the goat, I see so many young people on this forum, I just don't understand why you must do this to your skin. Please enlighten me.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I have to ask this stupid question. How old are y'all doing these crazy chemical peels? Aside from the goat, I see so many young people on this forum, I just don't understand why you must do this to your skin. Please enlighten me.
It doesn't take long for years of sun worshipping and neglect to show up, Char! Even young ppl can have lined, coarse and dull skin. A medium TCA peel isn't that extreme a measure IMHO.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I am old, crinkly and wrinkly. I wish I had started doing most of this "crazy" stuff when I was young so I wouldn't be old, crinkly and wrinkly.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
How old are we??? Old enough to know what we are doing-

Doing chemical peels is nothing new to me. I have been doing them for years. I do them myself and have them professionally done. If you do your research on the benefits of doing a chemical peel, you just might try one yourself.

It evens out your complextion, gets rid of acne scarring, tones, tightens and lifts, just to name a few. And who wouldn't want that?????

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hey LightenLift what Gylonic do you use and do you find it drys out the skin at all, I have not tried a Gylonic peel yet as I have heard it can dry out the skin!

Im actually thinking of trying of trying a pumpkin peel on my face next but not im thinking trying a jessners next as may be this will give me a better glow etc!

Id love to hear every one thoughts on this, as thinking of stopping the retinol and just using peels for next couple of months, till my 31st??!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey LightenLift what Gylonic do you use and do you find it drys out the skin at all, I have not tried a Gylonic peel yet as I have heard it can dry out the skin!

Im actually thinking of trying of trying a pumpkin peel on my face next but not im thinking trying a jessners next as may be this will give me a better glow etc!

Id love to hear every one thoughts on this, as thinking of stopping the retinol and just using peels for next couple of months, till my 31st??!

Thanks
You are right IluvNY, glycolic has dried my skin, and dry skin makes you look older, and now I have my hope on TCA peels, I used Retinol about 15 years ago for few months, I wasn't impress, maybe I should have used it longer???
I have to read more about the pumpkin peel. Does it dry the skin?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
You are right IluvNY, glycolic has dried my skin, and dry skin makes you look older, and now I have my hope on TCA peels, I used Retinol about 15 years ago for few months, I wasn't impress, maybe I should have used it longer???
No I did the pumpkin peel last weekend. It was great. I had a little peeling a couple days after, just around my mouth and nose area. Nothing major. It smells GREAT!!! Burns but totally tolerable. I left it on for 25 mins or so.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I know I read about it here. Do you think I can get it from my local health food store?
Can you compare it to a TCA peel?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I know I read about it here. Do you think I can get it from my local health food store?
Can you compare it to a TCA peel?
Oh NO comparison to a TCA, no no no!!! Pumpkin is a peel you apply and you are good to go that night if you want. Zero downtime. Sting is minimal.

TCA major sting, major peel, major red and senstitive. Better results.

Peter Thomas Roth has a pumpkin peel, so does MyChelle and I think Juice Beauty does too. Google it and see what you come up with. Most health food stores around here carry MyChelle and Juice Beauty.

I got mine from NCN.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Oh NO comparison to a TCA, no no no!!! Pumpkin is a peel you apply and you are good to go that night if you want. Zero downtime. Sting is minimal.

TCA major sting, major peel, major red and senstitive. Better results.

Peter Thomas Roth has a pumpkin peel, so does MyChelle and I think Juice Beauty does too. Google it and see what you come up with. Most health food stores around here carry MyChelle and Juice Beauty.

I got mine from NCN.
I will stick to the pain, I mean to the stinging Hahaha! or Stevia!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have to say that before I started using the Green Cream and Vit C my skin used to be very dry, I think mainly due to meds that I was on but anyway I actually think now cause of the exfoliation I have been getting from these products my face is now very soft and in good condition, I dont know about Retin A as I have heard this can dry out your skin, but you could always try micro retin, so far im having dry skin probs at the mo, even now its getting very cold here in the UK.

Everyones skin is different though, so I suppose how I react to somethig, someone else may react to the product differently.

Im not sure if a TCA would be too much on my face, is this where you are applying yours Marie?

Im gonna have a look at a few peels today, but mainly im thinking that I want the few spots on my upper lip to peel off quicker!

Il let you know what one I pick and how it goes. At the mo I have been using the Ren Peel which is ok in terms of giving a nice glow and slight peeling.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts