Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard about them and read about them and stuff but maybe i was looking on the wrong sites or something because i still dont really know what it does?

Does it get rid of your spots and blockages and stuff or what?? :/

Also how expensive is it?

any help is appreciated :]

Edit: Also what does a salicylic peel do? or are they the same thing?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
There aren't salicylic acid peels. Glycolic acid dissolved the glue that holds the top dead layer of skin onto the new skin. Once dissolved they fall off and you'll have good skin. It will take a few session of peels to get any results, although you can see a mild improvement after a single session.

It can and can't remove spots. Since it doesn't go down to the deeper layers, your own skin would have to bring the spots to the surface so that the glycolic acid can dissolve it. In other words, if its deep then it won't help. It will help with clogged pores though.

The SA will help in the clogged pores but is adviced more for acne prone skin than anything else and is usually an additive in skin care products designed for acne prone skin.

It's not expensive, as you can get cleansers with glycolic acid in them, but if you want to do a peel do it right and go to a dermatologist or a spa. Don't do it at home since they benefits are outweighted by the dangers of burned skin.

Also, always follow-up any peels with proper sun protection, even in gloomy England.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought you might be the one to help me you seem to know everything

My boyfriends neighbour is going for one on wednesday so if i can see that its good i think ill go for it done and hopefully it would get rid of a couple of acne scars aswell because theyre not deep or particularly noticable..mainly to me i think :]

Thankyou for your help anyway.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Glycolic peel need to be neutralize so do not forget that part. i found that above 30 it is too irritating to the skin and almost no peeling! I prefer to do a low strength TCA peel or an Organic fruits peel. I have been using a new FRUITS PEEL for a week now every day and after two days I loved the results. I even use it on my teenage son acne and it work great and fast with no downtime or irritation!!!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
There is something called a fusion peel that has no down time. I haven't used it but I've read about it. Its applied every two weeks. It takes a couple treatments to see any results. However, people who have used it say their skin is very smooth after the first application.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've been too nervous to try a glycolic peel, so I did a fair amount of reading up on here and because I've got slight pigmentation issues I've decided to start with a mild mandelic acid peel. I just thought I'd mention it as there are a few threads to different types of peel. I think some are more suited to different problems. I also thought about lactic acid. Mines not arrived yet - I ordered it yesterday from ebay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts