Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 29, have wrinkle free, acne free and dry skin. I am wondering if a peel is "necessary" until I have fine lines or troubled skin. Can it help in prevention of the signs of aging? Thanks in advance for the help!
Also, can a at home Glycolic Peel be used for someone with very mild roseacea(sp.), or will it just irritate and make redness worse in the end?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Marissa--I would not do it with the skin you describe. It is a very superficial peel and basically "polishes" skin in my opinion and experience. It should be used to remove dead layers to help clogged pores, which you do not have, to speed cell turnover to decrease wrinkles, you do not have, and to bring back some "shine" to dull aging skin, you do not have. It is very itchy and not worth it for your skin issues in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Marissa I do believe in preventative measures but on this one I firmly agree with Lexi. It could cause damage to your delicate skin. Those chemicals could really aggrivate your skin. But there things that you could try that shouldn' aggrivate your skin such as using a facial brush with a light hand every once and a while as well as using an oatmeal scrub that you can make at home. It may not be an aggressive form of cell turnover however by your own description you really don't need one (lucky you!). Good luck hope this helps!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Like they say, if it's not broken, don't fix it!! Fixing dry skin is a lot easier than fixing wrinkles and acne-

What do you use for your dry skin? Jojoba oil works great for those with dry skin. You only need a little bit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been using a mixture of Safflower and Jojoba oil. Really works good for evening cheek redness and soaks in beautifully. I also once a week do a mask of avocado/banana/yogurt and olive oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts