Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to get some opinions on this.. I am trying to even out my skin tone with the usual (retin-A .1% & HQ 4%). I know it is said that you should wear sunscreen always and a hat, etc. I personally don't mind getting tan although it is my life's mission now to protect my skin and wear sunscreen, BUT I don't want any hyperpigmentation either from the products I'm using. So the question is, about how long after you stop using retin-A and HQ is it okay to go back in the sun without any side effects??

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I would say a month or so, or as much as 6 months b/c retin-a and hq make u skin sensitive, u gotta give it a couple months. I know this because there are other drugs that dermatologists give to patients that make their skin sensitive like Accutane, antibiotics, AHA/BHA and they tell the patients to wait a couple months before going back to the sun. But remember, you must always use sunblock.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so approximately 2 months.. thanks LNL

Sidenote: I hope everyone knows that you need to wear sunscreen indoors as well because the flourescent lighting has UVB/UVA rays in them as well that can affect your skin.. although not as much as sun rays, it still warrants some protection.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Okay so approximately 2 months.. thanks LNL

Sidenote: I hope everyone knows that you need to wear sunscreen indoors as well because the flourescent lighting has UVB/UVA rays in them as well that can affect your skin.. although not as much as sun rays, it still warrants some protection.
Hi Scarfree,

Finally someone who believes me!! I have so much damage on my face and have been out of the sun for years. I have worked under flourescent lights for years now with no sunscreen so it makes sense to me. I actually got burned a few months ago when playing pool at my sister's house when I had just started my lightening. It was just like a sunburn and I had not been in the sun but she had a hanging flourescent light over the pool table. I've worn sunscreen EVERY single day since. Good advice and something that would not occur to most people.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes yes!! We focus so much attention on the sun, I hope everyone realizes you need to use sunscreen no matter what!! When inside, even on a cloudy/overcast day.. in all actuality, the overcast days might be even worse than sunny days! AND even if you are in the shade, there may be reflections of light off other objects that will send the rays coming straight for you!!

Moral to the story..... Forget American Express, never leave the BED without sunscreen!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I would actually prefer to walk any distance outside when the sun is out as opposed to on an overcast day. At least when the sun is out I can see where it is and shield my face, but when it's overcast I don't know where the rays are coming from and it just seems like they're bouncing around everywhere. Sometimes I wish I could just put on a balaclava! How funny would that look
. At least I'd be protected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts