Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these are two products that come from pakistan and claim dey lighten, i tried the golden pearl and it did make a difference but it thinned my skin and i discontinued.. my skin colour went back to normal maybe even a shade darka.. was wondering whether any1 else has tried this and had the same result..

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
If it thinned yr skin, it wasn't HQ but a strong steroid. Be sure to check all ingredients carefully B4 using something.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
these are two products that come from pakistan and claim dey lighten, i tried the golden pearl and it did make a difference but it thinned my skin and i discontinued.. my skin colour went back to normal maybe even a shade darka.. was wondering whether any1 else has tried this and had the same result..
I havent used any steroid creams to my knowledge but i was using pigment control (a cream i found @ TJ Maxx) and it was working FAB along with my HQ regimine but i was informed it had Parabens
...when i stopped using it, i lost a tad of ground.. i am looking for a cream now that can do the same without the added danger.. i will be using it alon with my HQ

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used Golden pearl and it did lighten my skin, I have read a lot of bad things online about this cream. I have tried to get in contact with the company to check if they can verify the ingredients they are using. No reply yet, It was quite affordable and that is the reason I started using it, I have doubts about it but have not been able to find an alternative.

NE ideas on brands that are available in South Africa?, that do not cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I used Golden pearl and it did lighten my skin, I have read a lot of bad things online about this cream. I have tried to get in contact with the company to check if they can verify the ingredients they are using. No reply yet, It was quite affordable and that is the reason I started using it, I have doubts about it but have not been able to find an alternative.

NE ideas on brands that are available in South Africa?, that do not cost an arm and a leg.
Yes lots available, I know inner cities usaully carry lots..
well especially in Johannesburg..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts