Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good antiaging moisturizer for the hands that really
helps with dryness? I've used many.. nothing thrills me yet.

Thanks

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Why can't you use what you use on your face on your hands too? Everything I put on my face, goes on my hands.

·
Registered
116 Posts
my hands are the main thing which really lets me down,and i,ve yet to find any cream which makes my hands look decent,and believe me i,ve tried tons of different lotions and potions.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
This is one of the best moisturizers I have ever used. I apply it every morning and night to my hands and feet. It has Hyaluronic Acid, jojoba, sweet almond oil, seaeme oil and avocado oil. And the price is right!!

Skin Actives Scientific : Canvas Base Cream

·
Registered
154 Posts
I know I know, I sound like a broken record. But please just try it. Take a good amount of castor oil 1/4 tsp aprox and rub it all over your hands right before you go to bed. Yes, it will feel a bit thick but just wait till you feel your hands in the morning. Not to mention how great they will look too! I know this may not help for everyone but it sure made a huge difference in mine. I have tried a whole ton of things and nothing has worked as well as this. I even mix a little rosehip oil with my castor oil and use it on my face at night. Plain castor oil I have been putting on my eyelashes ( right side only) and they have gotten fuller and a bit longer. I had an oven blow up on me a few years back and the lashes on my right side never grew back the same. Since I started using the CO on them they are much closer to the left side now and I don't look as weird when wearing mascara anymore. Okay I'm done ranting about the castor oil now. Promise (grin)

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I love Gloves In A Bottle. I use oils/good creams then GIAB over that and it seals it in-and stays on thru many hand-washings!! You can buy it online, but I get a better deal at the compounding pharmacy I haunt.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys, for all your suggestions! I have tried using what I use on my face on my hands but it never seems rich enough... I recently have been using Retin A on my hands and unlike my face they haven't looked better but maybe worse, I don't know. I don't feel like they are drier than before using it, as they were dry before, but maybe they are just going through an ugly phase.. I am hoping ?! ..Anyways, I do have Castor Oil at home already, so I think I will try this one first. I have actually been putting it on my eyebrows and lips before I go to bed at night but always thought it might be too heavy on my hands, but since you give such a good testimonial, LasVegasDeb, I will try it!! If that doesn't seem enough I will try the others..like maybe layering it on top of the CO. Good ideas! Thanks so much again!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I know I know, I sound like a broken record. But please just try it. Take a good amount of castor oil 1/4 tsp aprox and rub it all over your hands right before you go to bed. Yes, it will feel a bit thick but just wait till you feel your hands in the morning. Not to mention how great they will look too! I know this may not help for everyone but it sure made a huge difference in mine. I have tried a whole ton of things and nothing has worked as well as this. I even mix a little rosehip oil with my castor oil and use it on my face at night. Plain castor oil I have been putting on my eyelashes ( right side only) and they have gotten fuller and a bit longer. I had an oven blow up on me a few years back and the lashes on my right side never grew back the same. Since I started using the CO on them they are much closer to the left side now and I don't look as weird when wearing mascara anymore. Okay I'm done ranting about the castor oil now. Promise (grin)
i second castor oil. i have recently started using it mixed with olive oil n my hands that looked older than my age r looking so good i can't tell. the other gr8 moisturizer we( meaning some gals on SC) hav just discovered is X-tend life body lotion. chk whole thread on X tend life n reviews on this product but castor oil is way cheaper n can be added to ur hand cream to avoid its drying factor. over use of castor oil causes dryness so be careful n nevr use it straight mix with some other oil or ur hand lotion.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I used to have super dry hands to the point where one spot on my thumb would bleed. Nothing helped. I have a really low fat diet and that contributes to it as well. Anyway, after using Vit C serum, B5, Retin-A, jojoba oil, emu oil, and whatever else I put on my face on any given day, my hands are really soft. I always rub the extra onto my hands and honestly I don't use any other cream or lotion on them and they are dry at all.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I've started using the CO on my eyebrows and it does work. I have little tiny whitish hairs starting to grow in. But I'm worried about using castor oil anywhere else, b/c, well, won't it grow hair where I don't necessarily want hair????

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks Mab001 I did not realise using it straight could cause dryness. I have not noticed any drying yet but it wouldn't hurt to mix something else with it to play it safe. That's what I do for my face. I have not noticed any extra hair on my hands or face MFP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts