Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get my eye brow waxed yesterday and wow, the lady ripped off my skin, it was painful and looks horrible. I guess it's due to sensitivity from ret-a.
I started applying oils immediately but it looks even worse today

What to do ladies?, anyone had a similar issue. pls help

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hi Ttee:
I've been reading the forum in the background for quite a while but I just registered as a user today and already posting like a mad woman.

I have experienced the same ordeal. A day or two following "the pull" - imy skin looked like and felt like it had been burnt. As a result, I know longer have hairs removed by waxing and pulling. (Eyebrow) Threading is the only method that my skin can tolerate and I love it.

Bacitracin and EMU oil is what I use to help the healin. I keep an ample supply of Bacitracin Ointment and EMU oil on hand. I find that my skin is very sensitive (thinner???) and I seem to bruise easier due to some of the skin care products and techniques I use.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Salsera, thanks. I ran out of Emu oil but i'm on bacitracin and almond & rose hip seed oil. It just looks worse today and i'm so upset after all the hard work i've done on my face but we'll see

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Yes, ttee, I feel your pain!! I have done this several times!! I try and stop the RA for a week or so before I wax. Also, next time tell them you are a RA user. Sometimes they will have a wax for sensitive skin. My wax lady does. The wax I use at home DEFINATELY isn't for sensitive skin-

You have done the right thing applying the oils. I also use neosporin. It will heal in a few days and give you a lovely little scab. Just keep it moisturized and it will eventually fall off.

I hope you weren't going somewhere special, and you had to go with a red face that you CAN NOT cover up with makeup-

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, got the stupoid scab, it looks so ugly. OMG, it better fall off quick, i hate it

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grrrr, the scab is now the exact shape of my eyebrow and it sits under my eyebrow on both sides, perfect halloween picture
, no mask needed. Them ugly looking things
!!, super annoying

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Grrrr, the scab is now the exact shape of my eyebrow and it sits under my eyebrow on both sides, perfect halloween picture
, no mask needed. Them ugly looking things
!!, super annoying
Normally when I tear the skin off from waxing it is on my upper lip!! It looks like a mustache-
The scab is usually very thin and falls off quickly.

My son's girlfriend had the skin ripped off under her eyebrows once from waxing. Poor thing
.........her eyelid was swollen shut!!! Now that looked painful. So sensitive in that spot. She kept neosporin on it and within a week she had it back to normal.

The things we put ourselves through for beauty-

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Normally when I tear the skin off from waxing it is on my upper lip!! It looks like a mustache-
The scab is usually very thin and falls off quickly.

My son's girlfriend had the skin ripped off under her eyebrows once from waxing. Poor thing
.........her eyelid was swollen shut!!! Now that looked painful. So sensitive in that spot. She kept neosporin on it and within a week she had it back to normal.

The things we put ourselves through for beauty-
Tell me about it Gymrat, beauty is pain!!!. My friend had a good laugh when he saw my face, it was almost like he won the lottery, nasty guy hey? He said we ladies need to be taught a lesson with the things we put ourselves through in the name of beauty. Eventually, i gave in and laughed with him, then he said i should look ok after a couple of months and i almost killed him!
That's it for me, no more waxing or i will be forever buried in the land of depression for waxing truama

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Tell me about it Gymrat, beauty is pain!!!. My friend had a good laugh when he saw my face, it was almost like he won the lottery, nasty guy hey? He said we ladies need to be taught a lesson with the things we put ourselves through in the name of beauty. Eventually, i gave in and laughed with him, then he said i should look ok after a couple of months and i almost killed him!
That's it for me, no more waxing or i will be forever buried in the land of depression for waxing truama
ttee, my husband tells me all the time, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LEARN YOUR LESSON?? I always answer back, obviously NEVER-
I have ripped the skin off of my face SO many times, but yet continue waxing.
The worse thing is when you wax right before you are going somewhere and you have to show up with the look of "yes, I did just wax the skin off of my face, thank you"!

I guess I am not the product of the "live and learn" rule.

Do not worry, it won't take you a month to heal. You should be fine in a couple of days. I hope it is healing nicely for you.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes Gymrat, don't know what but i'm healing quicker that i thot. I have been applying the oils and bacitracin like almost every hr and the scabs are falling off, just a lil left, thank God for that and thanks for asking.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
ttee, are you back to normal now? Scab gone?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
One word: Epicare.

Or have someone thread your brows. There is usually a kiosk in most large malls or check a Middle Eastern grocery store - they should know of someone who does it. More waxing salons are offering it now.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
One word: Epicare.

Or have someone thread your brows. There is usually a kiosk in most large malls or check a Middle Eastern grocery store - they should know of someone who does it. More waxing salons are offering it now.
So funny you should say that about the kiosk at the mall. I was there yesterday and low and behold they have one now. As I was walking past, I was thinking...........ok.........if I get my threading done at the flipping mall, I will have to be here when they OPEN!!! I WOULD not lay there for the world to watch me have THAT done!!!! Would you fawnie? Like can't they put up a curtain or something, geezz-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
The ones here have curtains!

I will stand guard for you, rat. I'll spread my voluminous wings and shield you from snooping eyes!! They are so quick you won't even be there that long! have you watched them??

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts

I will stand guard for you, rat. I'll spread my voluminous wings and shield you from snooping eyes!! They are so quick you won't even be there that long! have you watched them??
Ya I stood and quietly watched. The girls were fast that were working. The salon that I go too when I get threaded takes the girl awhile. But I get my whole face done-
love it smooth as a babies

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just discovered that one should not wax after using RA. Took the skin straight off my top lip and neck..it HURTS!!! The RA has obviously made my skin thinner. This can't be good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ttee, my husband tells me all the time, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LEARN YOUR LESSON?? I always answer back, obviously NEVER-
I have ripped the skin off of my face SO many times, but yet continue waxing.
The worse thing is when you wax right before you are going somewhere and you have to show up with the look of "yes, I did just wax the skin off of my face, thank you"!

I guess I am not the product of the "live and learn" rule.

Do not worry, it won't take you a month to heal. You should be fine in a couple of days. I hope it is healing nicely for you.
Everytime I go to wax I forget and do my lips and neck, so I put a big note on the wax jar "DO NOT WAX FACE & NECK" hope that helps for next time

·
Registered
713 Posts

Now fawnie, gymrat didn't state were she was having here hair removed from...sometimes a girl needs privacy don't you know!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm good now, thanks 4 asking & yeah i do thread, was just lazy on this day to drive to d mall but i've learnt my lesson

1 - 19 of 19 Posts