Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YAY! My RA and Lumagen both came in the mail today. I have another 2 bottles of Lumagen on the way also. My last TCA peel was done on what- the 21st of August? When should I start using the Retin A?? Any suggestions? I actually got a prescription for Latisse from my opthamologist last early this week when I went in for a follow up for an eye infection. I got the prescription filled!! LOL Didn't know when the lumagen would get here. So I did pay $119 for it. Oh well. So I used the applicator with ONE drop and it was enough for BOTH eyes, and my eyebrows. I had to literally wipe the excess off my lids some.
I don't think it is necessary to put an entire drop on that applicator for each eye. I mean, my lash line was wet with the one drop and I don't want the solution getting IN my eyes. And leftover for my eye brows! YAY! I got 2 tubes of RA so I'm excited!
I'm all done peeling. With that 25% peel (sorta like the 12.5 even) I had some "re-peeling" in some areas. My skin is smooth, but I don't see a huge difference in my fine lines yet. I will definitely WAIT a few months or so before I do another peel. This one drove me nutty. First it was waiting to peel, the itching..... oh the itching even after I peeled, then flaking again in areas. Ugh. But the end results are good. My skin looks overall better. I will spot peel in areas maybe in a few weeks but not a full face again for MONTHS. Boy howdy.
I know to start out using the RA every few days or so, but how long after* a peel????

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Advice on using TCA peel?

Yay!!! This says wait 2 weeks after TCA peel before using Retin-A. I have never had TCA peel so I do not know first hand.

Those Latisse applicators are for the birds. Throw them away! I use a very fine point art brush with synthetic bristles. Or a pointed cotton swab (nail section of Meijer Store is where I found them). I put a tiny drop on a small mirror and then pick up the drop with the brush and use another mirror to see where i am applying it (only to the roots of the top lashes).

I'm interested in knowing if the ADC Lumigan is equal to the Latisse that we get here in USA. It took forever, like 5 months, for me to see any results from the Lumigan I got from ADC. Most ppl say they saw results sooner.

HTH and good luck!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
sandia1 I started using my Retin A 0.5% as soon as my face felt back to normal, about a week after I finished peeling and I was surprised at how much skin goop was on my microfibre cloth when I cleaned off the RA in the morning! My arms and hands are still flaking from the peel. I am going to wait for a few weeks to do another peel (I can't wait) but I find it keeps me housebound for 2 weeks.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
YAY! My RA and Lumagen both came in the mail today. I have another 2 bottles of Lumagen on the way also. My last TCA peel was done on what- the 21st of August? When should I start using the Retin A?? Any suggestions? I actually got a prescription for Latisse from my opthamologist last early this week when I went in for a follow up for an eye infection. I got the prescription filled!! LOL Didn't know when the lumagen would get here. So I did pay $119 for it. Oh well. So I used the applicator with ONE drop and it was enough for BOTH eyes, and my eyebrows. I had to literally wipe the excess off my lids some.
I don't think it is necessary to put an entire drop on that applicator for each eye. I mean, my lash line was wet with the one drop and I don't want the solution getting IN my eyes. And leftover for my eye brows! YAY! I got 2 tubes of RA so I'm excited!
I'm all done peeling. With that 25% peel (sorta like the 12.5 even) I had some "re-peeling" in some areas. My skin is smooth, but I don't see a huge difference in my fine lines yet. I will definitely WAIT a few months or so before I do another peel. This one drove me nutty. First it was waiting to peel, the itching..... oh the itching even after I peeled, then flaking again in areas. Ugh. But the end results are good. My skin looks overall better. I will spot peel in areas maybe in a few weeks but not a full face again for MONTHS. Boy howdy.
I know to start out using the RA every few days or so, but how long after* a peel????
A tiny drop of the Latisse is plenty for both eyes and brows. You can use that little bottle for a VERY long time.

You said you got a Rx for the Latisse. Did you have to go to the pharmacy to pick it up???? I got mine right in the office it wasn't anything I had to get at the pharmacy. Maybe the rules are different where you are.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A tiny drop of the Latisse is plenty for both eyes and brows. You can use that little bottle for a VERY long time.

You said you got a Rx for the Latisse. Did you have to go to the pharmacy to pick it up???? I got mine right in the office it wasn't anything I had to get at the pharmacy. Maybe the rules are different where you are.
Yep. I got a rx for Latisse but it was on the Air Force Base, not at a PS office or a Derm's office, and took the prescription to Walgreens and got it filled there and paid cash- of course no ins. will cover it. My bottle of lumagen and the bottle of latisse both say Bimatoprost 0.03%. My lumagen came from a Mexican pharmacy. We'll see what happens when I run out of the Latisse since I opened it first. My RA came from FIJI! lol I hope it works! I'll use my Vit.C serum in the mornings and the RA at night. Other online pharmacies where I tried to order both these products would NOT process my orders and matter of fact, 2 called me the next morning asking how I would be faxing my prescription!! I don't know how you other ladies got around these sites where it says you do need a prescription and don't have one, yet you still got your stuff?? My lumagen was about $60 with shipping but better than $119.99!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Advice on using TCA peel?

Yay!!! This says wait 2 weeks after TCA peel before using Retin-A. I have never had TCA peel so I do not know first hand.

Those Latisse applicators are for the birds. Throw them away! I use a very fine point art brush with synthetic bristles. Or a pointed cotton swab (nail section of Meijer Store is where I found them). I put a tiny drop on a small mirror and then pick up the drop with the brush and use another mirror to see where i am applying it (only to the roots of the top lashes).

I'm interested in knowing if the ADC Lumigan is equal to the Latisse that we get here in USA. It took forever, like 5 months, for me to see any results from the Lumigan I got from ADC. Most ppl say they saw results sooner.

HTH and good luck!!
I hope it gives the same results. I read a ton of things and it's supposed to be the exact same thing. We'll see!! I opened the Latisse first, and I'll use the Lumagen next.
I have a very fine tipped brush that came in a bottle of eye liner. I wondered if that would be sufficient to use and if it would apply enough? I mean, I don't want TOO much product on my lid and waste it. On the other hand, I don't want to use too little.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yep. I got a rx for Latisse but it was on the Air Force Base, not at a PS office or a Derm's office, and took the prescription to Walgreens and got it filled there and paid cash- of course no ins. will cover it. My bottle of lumagen and the bottle of latisse both say Bimatoprost 0.03%. My lumagen came from a Mexican pharmacy. We'll see what happens when I run out of the Latisse since I opened it first. My RA came from FIJI! lol I hope it works! I'll use my Vit.C serum in the mornings and the RA at night. Other online pharmacies where I tried to order both these products would NOT process my orders and matter of fact, 2 called me the next morning asking how I would be faxing my prescription!! I don't know how you other ladies got around these sites where it says you do need a prescription and don't have one, yet you still got your stuff?? My lumagen was about $60 with shipping but better than $119.99!
Next time order from www.Alldaychemist.com. Their shipping is $24 but the lumigan is only $10 - well, actually it's called 'careprost' now but it is the same thing. I got mine in the mail and have only been using it since Monday but I will update on my experiences with it. I'm still trying to find the best way to apply it. I'm going to go try to find a 'paintbrush' tonight with very few bristles. I found that applying it with a cotton swab did NOT work because the cotton swab just soaked up all the lumigan and disappeared.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Next time order from Prescription Drugs & Medicines, Indian online pharmacy for all type of generic drugs. Their shipping is $24 but the lumigan is only $10 - well, actually it's called 'careprost' now but it is the same thing. I got mine in the mail and have only been using it since Monday but I will update on my experiences with it. I'm still trying to find the best way to apply it. I'm going to go try to find a 'paintbrush' tonight with very few bristles. I found that applying it with a cotton swab did NOT work because the cotton swab just soaked up all the lumigan and disappeared.
I tried!!! But it took me to several different pharmacies. They all required an rx. I'll google carepost and see if that helps. I don't know how to navigate apparently!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bimatoprost Opthalmic Solution 0.03% (Lumigan) \t
\t
Similar in composition to \tLumigan
Our Brand \tLumigan
Generic \tBimatoprost Opthalmic Solution 0.03%
Strength(mg) \tAvailable Via Phone Ordering at 213-291-2588 @ US$12.76
Pack \tPrescription is Mandatory
Description \tA valid prescription is mandatory. If you wish to purchase this product along with other products, please place the order for the rest of the items and call us for adding this product to your order.
Price(USD) \t$0.00

\t

This is what is says when I click on it. They must have changed their policy. But the Retin A is cheap.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
If you're going to use anything other than those worthless applicators that come with Latisse, be sure to have a plan for cleaning the brush! Don't want to risk a nasty stye or eye infection. I use isopropyl alcohol, which doesn't really sterilize the brush, but it's the best I can think of.

You're right Vananners, the Qtips do soak up more Lumigan than just a plain brush, but the *pointed* ones are less apt to do this and, if you are quick, it doesn't really soak up that much, plus it prevents dripping. I use these when I travel and can't clean my brush and mirror with alcohol.

We could find a better alternative to those dorky Latisse applicators I'm sure! It would have to be something disposable for hygiene's sake.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'll have to look at my local beauty supply store. I remember in esthetics school we had disposable applicators for makeup. They might just work...

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Wow, I have never heard of someone having to go to the pharmacy for this. You can walk in to so many places here and buy it right then and there. I paid $150 for my first bottle(and still using it), don't feel so bad. I have seen it going for $120 here now too. But still when you can get it for $10 from ADC even with $24 shipping, so worth it!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
My Lumigan comes from ADC. Since I had used it from another source beforehand & 1 bottle of Latisse before that, it is hard for me to say how fast ADC's product showed results on my lashes. I can say this for sure, though. My mother (turns 73 next weekend)has been using Lumigan from ADC for just about 2 months. She had never used anything else before. After 2 weeks, She had baby lashes growing in. they were very thick & black. Before, her lashes had been invisible on the bottom & sparse, fine & short on top. Now, the bottom ones look like a fine row of eyeliner. On top, they are fuller & longer. Week 8+ is where you really begin seeing measurable results since some of the old lashes have fallen out having ended their natural lifecycle & the baby ones that had been poking out during weeks 2-4 are now growing out nicely. These ones are much thicker & longer. I've been using Lumigan (from ADC) since Feb & What I'm seeing now, with prolongued usage, is that there are 2x as many lashes as before. I have a full fan of them on the bottom & since they're so black (my old lashes were dark auburn/brown like my nat'l hair so they disappeared into my red/brown skin
) they look like smoky smudged liner. My 'old' lashes had a slight curl. The Lumigan ones have a wicked curl. Some mornings, I have to brush them to separate them as they've curled around eachother at night (NOT a bad problem to have
). Now, ADC sells the careprost. I've decided to do like Fawnie & stock up on stuff so I've got a heap of it on the way to coast me (& my mother) through winter.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
One caveat on stocking up on Lumigan tho: it's usually got an expiry date of only a year due to the fragile nature of the product, so be sure to specify that you want the longest exp date when you order so they don't send you expiring stock.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
419 Posts
Bimatoprost Opthalmic Solution 0.03% (Lumigan) \t
\t
Similar in composition to \tLumigan
Our Brand \tLumigan
Generic \tBimatoprost Opthalmic Solution 0.03%
Strength(mg) \tAvailable Via Phone Ordering at 213-291-2588 @ US$12.76
Pack \tPrescription is Mandatory
Description \tA valid prescription is mandatory. If you wish to purchase this product along with other products, please place the order for the rest of the items and call us for adding this product to your order.
Price(USD) \t$0.00

\t

This is what is says when I click on it. They must have changed their policy. But the Retin A is cheap.

You can order Latisse without a prescription but for Lumigen you need one..

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Everywhwere I've looked for Latisse, it's more expensive than $119 except for a few clinics where you can buy it cheaper. For now I have 3 bottles of brand name Latisse, one bottle of lumagen and 2 more lumagens on the way. I used me Retin A last night and today my face is a little red. I'll skip a night or two and use it again and slowly build up. This is what my friend on base told me to do a while back. She had been using it for 2 years and her skin is fabulous. She said it took away a ton of discoloration (hormonal stuff, she said) and fine lines. I feel sure that when I get to the UK I can get a prescription for it so I don't have to pay anything for that. I did order 2 more tubes of it for about $25. Want to be stocked up for the next few months til we get to England. The base pharmacy there carried everything you can imagine. Frickin' Latisse from one Canadian pharmacy was $160 w/o shipping! I just threw down cos I had some extra $$ and I want stupid, crazy thick, longer lashes, though they are long and look* thick when I put on mascara. But I want them just IGNORANT long and thick. We'll see if I get the results I hope for! LOL
I'm doing a week by week pic thing so I'll post pics by week 3 or 4 if I see a difference.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, I have never heard of someone having to go to the pharmacy for this. You can walk in to so many places here and buy it right then and there. I paid $150 for my first bottle(and still using it), don't feel so bad. I have seen it going for $120 here now too. But still when you can get it for $10 from ADC even with $24 shipping, so worth it!!
WHERE did you find LATISSE for 10 bucks???????

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for that reminder, Fawnie: I hadn't thought to make such a request.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts