Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that grapeseed oil is supposed to be excellent at fading stretch marks and scars. Has anyone ever used grapeseed on a scar, and how effective was it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would also like to know if this works. I personally find grapeseed oil to be very thick and greasy. It also seems to me that butters work better than oils when it comes to natural scar treatments. Any grapeseed oil users want to chime in?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I would also like to know if this works. I personally find grapeseed oil to be very thick and greasy.
On the contrary, grapeseed oil is a very light oil and non-greasy. This is what I use for my very oily skin without the greasy feeling!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
In total grapeseed isn't TOO greasy I suppose I'm comparing grapeseed oil to even lighter oils such as jojoba and rice bran.
Grapeseed oil is one of the lightest oils. Jojoba is richer than grapeseed, but still does not leave a greasy feeling when applied right. I have never used rice bran oil.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rose Hip oil is actually the oil that I have read about widely that is said to be very effective for stretch marks and scars, one reason being it contains natural tretinoin, the active ingredient in Retin A.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did not see this thread so i posted this on another one.
I have for 5 months using grapeseed oil and my strech marks are almost invisible.

1.exfoliate with a mix of olive oil and sugar firmly massaging the strech marks once a week.
2. morning and nigh apply thhe grapeseed oil massaging the strech marks, leave there for 30 minutes and then cover it with a small coat of vaseline.

Seem to be working for me

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did not see this thread so i posted this on another one.
I have for 5 months using grapeseed oil and my strech marks are almost invisible.

1.exfoliate with a mix of olive oil and sugar firmly massaging the strech marks once a week.
2. morning and nigh apply thhe grapeseed oil massaging the strech marks, leave there for 30 minutes and then cover it with a small coat of vaseline.

Seem to be working for me
Thanks for the info, I will try that
hope it would work.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Rosehip Seed Oil: Massage a small amount onto scar for about 5 minutes morning and night. It should take about 3 or 4 months to see the results.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I think rosehip seed oil would be far more effective than grapeseed oil.

Also, the comments about grapeseed oil being heavier than jojoba or rice bran oil are totally inaccurate. Jojoba is actually a waxy oil. Rice bran is medium weight and can be a bit greasy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hope it will work for you!!I started seeing improvement on the 3rd month or so, and now i can´barely see them, and my skin is very silky
Hello, I'm new to the forum, but not formulating. This is interesting to me as I've got the battlescars of childbirth on my belly....are you saying this worked for new stretch marks or older ones? Mine aren't red or pink, but I sure would like to get rid of them! thanks!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Here are some simple home stuff that will surely get rid of those ugly marks... and will definitely give you a good
time:
• Milk + almond oil = mix them together, use full cream milk or fresh milk for that matter then massage them on the areas...cover with warm towel for about 15 mins...rinse off with lukewarm water then put on milk lotion lavishly...do this as substitute to soap...
• Petroleum jelly = massage it around the areas lavishly...do this every morning after waking up and before sleeping...
• Lavender Oil – Lavender oil is a highly recommended home remedy for stretch marks. Rubbing a few drops of lavender oil on the affected area twice a day ensures the scars fade quickly. Applying olive oil is also very effective.
• Sandalwood – A great preventive measure for stretch marks is applying sandalwood on the skin daily. It keeps the skin moisturized and prevents it from stretching.
and dont forget to DRINK LOTS OF WATER...hydrating yourself is the essential key in achieving a great firm skin..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts