Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just joined today.. I have lurked about 2 days now.. I was reading all the posts on Green Cream.. I would like to buy it.. Which is the safest site online to purchase it from? Is there a certain brand to look for? Thanks for any help in advanced

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Lisa dont jump on the band wagon before you know it is for you and you can buhy it off derma store com however start on lev 3 to avoid unnecessary purging! Start off slowly too! You may want to read the long review on makeupalley too!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
Welcome Lisa!

As a very long user of Green Cream, I will tell you, from my experience, it is a fantastic product, and has a great following. Read the reviews and you will see.

Also, if you click on the link Fawnie provided, you will learn what to expect if you decide to give it a try. Purging, peeling, etc is very normal while using this product or any retinol product really. If you have sensitive skin, just use with caution, and don't over due it.

You can buy samples first if you wish to just give it a try before jumping in feet first. That is what I would recommend doing. Best of luck, if you do give it a go- its worth it.....well, it was for me

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Welcome Lisa!

As a very long user of Green Cream, I will tell you, from my experience, it is a fantastic product, and has a great following. Read the reviews and you will see.

Also, if you click on the link Fawnie provided, you will learn what to expect if you decide to give it a try. Purging, peeling, etc is very normal while using this product or any retinol product really. If you have sensitive skin, just use with caution, and don't over due it.

You can buy samples first if you wish to just give it a try before jumping in feet first. That is what I would recommend doing. Best of luck, if you do give it a go- its worth it.....well, it was for me
Jolly Canuk has ordered with the Derm store and found them helpful; I am going to purchase from them again.

Green Cream -- I was going to order it but I started to have problems with the 8% Glycolic cream I started to use (Reversa); I really liked the product but my skin stung for more than a couple of minutes after I applied it. it did even out some of my problem areas but then I noted some areas remained red and then they appeared quite rough. So I stopped for a couple of days -maybe my skin would react better to the Green Cream.

One benefit (I think) is that my skin is not as oily as it was before.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I think it def benefits oily skin, but mine is normal and tends to be dehydrated in the winter and oily in the summer, and GC was perfect for me.

Wienie that I am, I hate to peel and be red and rough, so I started at L3 and never had any of that. I tried to go up to L6 too soon and got a good taste of how strong that stuff is!!! Yikes with the peeling and redness and tightness! Oy! I stayed at L3 a long long time and then slowly moved up. Now I do Retin-A Micro without a hitch. I think the GC helped to make that possible somehow.

Def a great product!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
I agree with Fawnie- I think oily skin would benefit alot from GC. I don't have oily skin myself, so I can't say forsure. I have dehydrated skin in the winter as well, and in the summer......I think I have confused skin-
doesn't know what it wants to be, or how it wants to react. But definately not oily.

I have heard those who have oily skin don't get as many wrinkles, or they are not as noticable-so thats a positive

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hey Rat,
I always had uber-oily skin as a teen and was reassured as well that I wouldn't get wrinkles as soon. So of course, I lay out in the sun with abandon and, duh, got wrinkles! Which I have spent a fortune, up until now (-before learning how to do it a lot more cheaply
)trying to undo. The derms at the time even recommended sunlamps as a treatment for acne..

So many more options now! Yay Green Cream!

PS - One of the things that sets GC apart from other retinol products is the genius airlock pump. It keeps it from oxidizing and drying out like things in a tube can. So it costs a little more, but so worth it. And no, I don't sell GC!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
Hey Rat,
I always had uber-oily skin as a teen and was reassured as well that I wouldn't get wrinkles as soon. So of course, I lay out in the sun with abandon and, duh, got wrinkles! Which I have spent a fortune, up until now (-before learning how to do it a lot more cheaply
)trying to undo. The derms at the time even recommended sunlamps as a treatment for acne..

So many more options now! Yay Green Cream!

PS - One of the things that sets GC apart from other retinol products is the genius airlock pump. It keeps it from oxidizing and drying out like things in a tube can. So it costs a little more, but so worth it. And no, I don't sell GC!
I know you don't sell GC u silly thing!!

Oh yes, the good old sun damage!! I can't tell you the stupid things I did while laying out trying to get my body as dark as possible. We actually used to have competitions!! I layed on foil, used iodine mixed with baby oil, you name it, my dumba** probably tried it!! With of course my mother yelling in the background "your going to regret that someday!" And that day has come....darn it, my mother was right after all.

Alls I can do now is try and fix the damage I caused.
don't know if it is possible, but I will not give up on the fight trying.

And yes, who was the genius telling those who have acne should use a sun lamp?? He should be

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Rat,
Yeup I used to be outside in the sun every chance I had too. That's why the anti-ageing products are such a money-maker now that us old hides have reaped what we've sown.

I remember my dad also had oily skin and there we were: lying beneath the electric sun frying our hides together. He eventually had a gigazillion skin cancers carved off HIS hide, Rest His Soul. So now, me, with the Retin-A. We're in it together aren't we?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
Yes we are!! And what a fun place to be-
But now I can be the one saying "your going to regret that someday!" And get the same looks I used to give my mom-

Not to change the topic here, or even like we would ever do that
, but have you ever tried Viterola DS Lab product? Likes? Dislikes?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes we are!! And what a fun place to be-
But now I can be the one saying "your going to regret that someday!" And get the same looks I used to give my mom-

Not to change the topic here, or even like we would ever do that
, but have you ever tried Viterola DS Lab product? Likes? Dislikes?
Yes Rat! I use Viterol A for Eyes and Mouth at night. I love it....and I said that peptides were bunk! HooHa was I wrong....at least this formula works. You only need a tiny bit, so the tube lasts long.

I def think it helps smooth out tiny lines at the corners of my eyes and helps with the upper lip lines...along with everything else I use, this helps.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
Yes Rat! I use Viterol A for Eyes and Mouth at night. I love it....and I said that peptides were bunk! HooHa was I wrong....at least this formula works. You only need a tiny bit, so the tube lasts long.

I def think it helps smooth out tiny lines at the corners of my eyes and helps with the upper lip lines...along with everything else I use, this helps.
Did you have any side effects from it? Like the uglies?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Did you have any side effects from it? Like the uglies?
No, because I just use it on the crowsfeet and the ULL, not all over my face. And just once a day in a tiny amount.

I think the Uglies might be related to just the Copper Peptides, if I am not mistaken. And yeah, I did get the Uglies from them. Not pleasant.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
A friend of mine said she loves it, so I just might try it. One more thing to "just" try-

I'm not into having the uglies. I think copper peptides are too much work. I don't have the patients for them. Tried but gave up.

I emailed hannah at skinactives about a few of those products, but haven't gotten an answer yet.....
. So, as I always say, you snooze you loose. I will go with the Viterol A. Thnx fawnie for your input

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yeah, I am using it just at night, even over my Retin-A, just in the corners of my eyes and ULL. It does sting a little but I haven't had any peeling or redness. Good stuff I think and it didn't take very long to notice a little improvement.

It does involve nanotechnology, though, so if you are queasy about that, stay away. It is something to think about.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Gymrat can you share with us what skin actives says to you about the peptides, sure we would all be interested to know what they say!

The triatkinson products are also meant to be good they do a peptide serum, eye cream repair and something for the forehead, also have a forum too but could not find it on the net!

Fawnie does the viterol get rid of fine lines around eye may be il try triatikinson on one eye and your on another! Im desprate to get rid!

Honestly i cant bear um OMG it freaks me out!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Can i just add before i go out and do my chores, oh what fun i have!

If you do use the green cream or thinking about it pls start on level 3 it is a strong product, and you may get unnecessary purging, itchy skin etc by starting on level 6, just take it nice and slow, twice a week to start with and build from there, dont forget about spf too!

If you do get purging i found giving my skin few days break has given it world of good personally!

However though if your read green cream forum i know kevinn said best way to get over excessive flaking is to use more of the green cream to get over this bad patch quicker!

Please read up though how to use this product on forum sight before going ahead and buying it! Makeup alley is also good too!

Also you may not see results until getting up to level 6 know somepeople have said this on makeupalley however get used to lev 3 before jumping ahead to level 6! It is a strong product compared to a lot of ret products out there!

I know i am repeating a lot of what fawnie and gymrat have already said but have noticed some people are trying to start on level 6 and just wanted to get my thoughts out there!

Also my skin is very very dry but however i do use it at night on its own with nothing else if you do feel the need for moistuizer etc my advice is to use this a good few hours, before using green cream and then use green cream before going to bed at night

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by gymrat

A friend of mine said she loves it, so I just might try it. One more thing to "just" try-

I cashed in a gift certificate that I had for some and like it very much. It is not as expensive as many other eye preps and seems to be working for me. But then, I have been doing that eye exercise that Fawnie recommends - so the improvement is probably due to a combination of things right now.

Quote: Originally Posted by

I'm not into having the uglies. I think copper peptides are too much work. I don't have the patients for them. Tried but gave up.

I don't understand - could you explain further? Thanks! All I know about copper peptides is that they can cause sagging but didn't know that this could be managed. Since they cannot be used with Vitamin C (must be separated by 12 hours) I just never bothered with them. My routine is too complicated as it is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts