Skin Care Talk banner

Green Cream

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
Was wondering how this cream will go on skin that tends to have broken caps around cheek area, will it be to harsh? If I get some positive advice I would like to try it. Thanks

#6 ·
Green Cream has a bulletin board that you could ask Kevin this question. He would be better informed than I!!

Fawnie, I have forgotten what Green Cream actually does - can you use it in conjunction with retin-a. I think I have to purchase it from USA. I am still looking for a reasonably priced source for the pearl powder capsules.

#8 ·
Kerry I use Green Cream and Retin A but on alternating nights. The difference for me is the RA is pretty drying. The GC is more moisturizing and gives a nice finish. After I apply RA, I have to apply a touch of moisturizer. I have had nice results with both products. I love them both and this is why I have not given up on either of them.
Story of my life!!

#7 ·
Kerry
Green Cream is a retinol, but Retin-A is a retinoid. They are different.

Skin Care Myths and Misconceptions: Retinol vs Retin A

I like Green Cream better - it's a subtle difference. Retin-A seems too harsh for my skin and GC smoothes it out better in addition to giving it that glow and making pores smaller-looking. But GC is more expensive! I buy mine at Dermstore.com and they ship international.

Pearl Powder is available from NCNProSkinCare.com in USA, but the caps are easier to take...the powder is really chalky and hard to swallow.

#9 ·
Im gonna have to put a different perespective on the GC im afraid it was working for me but now unfortunatly it is not!

I actually noticed a few days ago that my facial area had got very tight and my eyes had gone all creepy eyed again!

However though it seems that my skin peeled and that the skin underneath has may be not grown back very well!

Im hoping that im not beginning to get a crepe paper look on my face and that the skin will just repair itself as at the moment im not willing to put any acid on my face!

Obviously i am gonna mention to kevin on the GC board to see, as i want to see what he has to say about this, but i suppose the things im wanting to put out there is that everyone skin reacts reactly differently to different products, my face was doing well using the GC but now obviously this is not the case!

Im just putting a lot of natural products on my face at the mo, hoping that it will heal it self naturally!

However though i do think there is a balance that we all need to try to find in terms of putting anti aging products on our face!

Im hoping that my face will be nothing serious, it will be the last bit of hassle i need at the mo!

On that note apart from seeing a dermo if anyone has any good healing suggestions apart from lots of moistuizing and healing, i would like to hear them pls

#10 ·
Just thought id clarify dont think i have a crete paper look on my skin from the pictures i looked at my skin looks nothing like those who have had a crete paper look on the face!

Im thinking may be my face is just in need of lots of moistuizing and antioxidnets!

#11 ·
I have known about Green Cream for about a year and wanted to try it, but never took the plunge. Plus I wasn't sure which level would be right for me. The past 2 years I have done glycolic peels, TCA and now on RA .05%. Which level do you think I could start with, this stuff gets rave reviews, but what is the difference between it and RA? Are there extras in it? I will go and see if I can find the ingredients, but your input would be appreciated for those who have used it a while. Thanks

#13 ·
Goat lady you know i have been thinking about this today and beginning to suspect that the fillers and alchol in this product might be affecting my skin a bit, im actually thinking of not going back to this product!

Just gonna moistuizer for another week or so and then may be move on, to what i dont know yet

If you are gonna start GC you could prob start at lev 6, but check with kevin on the site too if you want

JM sorry i dont know what age you can start gc at, think it probs depends what you are using this for anti aging or acne!

#15 ·
As far as im aware you should really use the gc at night as it de activates in the light!

Goat lady i have been using GC alternating lev 3 to 6 for about 5 months now, i have not had a prob till recently, not really sure why my skin is not liking this product anymore, may be il be tempted to try this product again in the future but not for a little while yet!

Im actually thinking after i have given my skin a little bit of a break may be il try a light peel, or get a proffesional peel done, not too sure yet still thinking!

I suppose what works for one of us does not necessary work for another!

#16 ·
Yeah sounds like your skin has adjusted and needs tricking. Time to try something new. I love the glycolic peels and you can certainly DIY so easy nothing scary at all. Try the 30% first and see how your skin reacts. You only leave it on a couple of min the first time. YEP it stings but worth it.

#17 ·
Thanks goat lady, i was actually looking at the lactic acid ones etc too, yeah i did think about making my own one up actually i do have a recepie how to do it somewhere, i think though i might start off by buying one first and then may be make my own up though!

Do you make your one up?

#19 ·
Thanks again for the advice on this one, il look around tomorrow for a peel i can get here in the UK as i dont wanna pay shipping fees, but il let you know how it goes!

Let me know if you get the GC and how it works out for you too, anyhow im off to bed, speak soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.