Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time I'd like to try out Retinol or Retinaldehyde - which one would work best for me? I've dry and slightly sensitive skin. I'm trying to choose between Green Creme number 6 or Avene Retrinal 0.5...

Thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi Artyk,

I have been using Green Cream for a few months now and love it. I have normal/dry combination skin...more combination-oily T-zone in the summer and dry in the fall & winter. I find that I don't need to use a moisturizer with it but that may change now that the weather in the Northeast is a changing. I can't speak about the Avene Retrinal cause I haven't tried it. Just a note that I started with the Green Cream 6 but used it every other night in the beginning to see how my skin reacted. HTH

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I too am a fan of green cream. It isn't drying at all. I think it works great for those with sensitive skin. I have never used Aveene so I can't comment on it, but I do highly recommend green cream.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hey Artyk it sounds like you have very similar skin to me in which case what I did with the green cream was start with lev 3 as it took my skin a good 3 months to get used to using retinolds and then I moved on to lev 6 about 3 nights a week and slowly moved this up to nearly every night, but my prob with this was the alcohol in the green cream seemed to dry my dry skin.

This is why I think that green cream works better on oily, oily combo skin better than dry skin once you start using green cream lev 6 that is.

After about the 5th day of using the green cream my skin when it was flaking dryed out too much and made my face v sensative to using other products, so this is why I have moved on to 0.4 micro retinol.

However the green cream is great as a starter product to get the skin used to using retinolds!

I have not tried aveeno but i would say what put me off there products was some of the reviews on makeup alley when the girls said they got clogged pores from this product, good luck with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts