Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a brilliant web site. I am a beautician who doesn't profess to "know it all". I am really looking forward to hearing feedback from you guys regarding skincare etc and maybe giving a lil useful advise along the way! Hope you all are having a great day!

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Welcome Jill- a beautician yay! maybe you could help us with some hair issues

What your favorite shampoo and conditioner and why?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
hahaha for me it's all up there LOL We are here to learn, it shows how low maintenance I am too. I don't go to esthetician, the few times I did, I find they are pushing to hard to sell their products but I understand, they have make a living.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Ooops ... I thought "beautician" & "cosmetician" were synonyms

...Shows ta go ya how high maintenance I'm not!
LOL yes and for me I LOVE to get my hair done, facials and such......not so much. But nothing better than a good day "gettin your hair did!!"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heys guys, In Australia Beautician is skincare (face and body) plus makeup application. I am also a nail technician.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey there Stiletto Con Carne, as you are probably already aware Milia are benign cysts which can be safely left alone. Topical treatments are not effective for this condition. Dermabrasion is reccomended in salon for numerous Milia. They can also be treated by your GP where a small incision is made to release contents of the cyst. It is not wise to squeeze especially if they are close to your eye area.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Gymrat,
I prefer natural shampoos and conditioners that don't contain detergents as most supermarket brands do. I have found the Wen range to be excellent as well as Nutrimetics Essentials for Hair. Both are derived from all natural ingredients and are very gentle on your hair.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I have heard of Wen before. I am currently using ICON hair products. I like to switch my hair products from time to time. I have curly unruly hair-that I blow out straight, then flat iron.

That is really different that you are skin, hair and nails! What if you didn't like doing all three? Do they let you just stick with one? And which is your favorite?
Also, what is a popular hair cut right now in Australia? I must say here in California, if you don't have long hair, you have a A-line cut!

Ok that is all of my questions for today-

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My training involved all three which is great because now I have a knowledge
allround from head to toe so to speak. My favourite would have to be skincare. The rewards of being able to help people with their skin concerns and to see results is amazing not to mention what it does for their confidence.
Hair here at the moment is any length, straightened and layered is most popular presently. For gals and guys as well!

Hope you had an amazing weekend Gymrat
jill

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have heard of Wen before. I am currently using ICON hair products. I like to switch my hair products from time to time. I have curly unruly hair-that I blow out straight, then flat iron.

That is really different that you are skin, hair and nails! What if you didn't like doing all three? Do they let you just stick with one? And which is your favorite?
Also, what is a popular hair cut right now in Australia? I must say here in California, if you don't have long hair, you have a A-line cut!

Ok that is all of my questions for today-
Hi I have really curly and unruly hair also which is desperate in the summer humidity. I have found that using a natural shampoo and conditioner and a treatment called Biomin oil purchased from my hairdresser did wonders and made my hair really shiny and easy to straighten

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Jill18-yes here too the shaggy look is in for guys. I think I would like the skincare part the best too-although I am a sucker for hair products as well-

Jan50- do you know who makes the Biomin? I googled it but had no luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hiya jill18, have you heard of galvanic current used in facials? do you know if it can help with dehydrated skin and fine dehydration lines/tightness? Also, I started drinking 2l of water a day recenlt, my Demalogica therapist told me it takes 2 months for my skin to show the benefits, is this true?
T.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes this type of facial will improve your dry dehydrated skin condition. The Galvanic treatment accelerates blood & lymph circulation carrying excessive fluid away. Positive ions plumps the skin & therefore lessens lines & wrinkles. It also improves the skins absorbancy & therefore improves the penetration of the active ingredient in products through the skin.
This type of facial is best for those with a dry/dehydrated skin as it helps to improve moisture retention. Assists with removal of any conjestion so can improve skin of acne sufferers as well. As you are probably altready aware treatment are not cheap and need to be repeated on a fairly regular basis at first then just to maintain effects after desired appearance is achieved.

Post back improvements as they arise. Im sure there will be a lot of readers interested in this type of treatment.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Jill18

Thank you for that, I am glad you said it can help as I have just been for my first CACI Hydratone treatment, which is apparently very new so not many places offer it yet here in the UK anyway..

The lady was very nice and recommended a course but told me to see how my skin feels/looks over the next couple of days before I commit myself. As with any facial, my skin skin feels soft right now as have only had it done an hour ago, I tried looking in the mirror to see if my dehydration lines had gone down but I can't quite tell as I am quite down about the whole thing so think they are huge anyway! I think the best thing to do will be to see how my skin feels tonight and then in the morning and will report back then...
T.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts