Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm interested in learning about products that actually do what they claim! Theres no better way to learn than from the experience of others! I'd be very interested to hear from anyone with tips on products that have worked for mature skin; eg, age spots, fine lines etc. Also, is mineral foundation powder all its cracked up to be

·
Administrator
33,768 Posts
Hello-well I will tell you what works for me. I use Vit C serum, green cream, Retin-A micro on occasion, toner, moisturizer and a good sun screen. Eye cream everyother night. I also think exfoliating is important 1-2 times a week, more if your skin can handle it. And drink plenty of water!!

As far as mineral makeup is concerned.....I have used serveral brands. They work well, but for me, it made my fine lines show more. I felt like it settled into my lines more the a good liquid foundation would. But this is just my own opinion-some people have great results with mineral makeup.r

·
Registered
515 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by fencze

Yeah,I also think so

Welcome, I too agree mineral makeup is great for fine fresh faced young girls.

But for the mature women I find It sets into the wrinkles does not cover well, and makes you look older.
Another fadd in my opinion.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by

As far as mineral makeup is concerned.....I have used serveral brands. They work well, but for me, it made my fine lines show more. I felt like it settled into my lines more the a good liquid foundation would. But this is just my own opinion-some people have great results with mineral makeup.

I agree with you- in part. I had a mineral makeup makeover in the salon I get facials at, and it did settle into the lines and add years.

However, on the rare occasions I do wear make up, I use Bare Essentials, and find it just gives me a little color, and evens out my completion. I don't find that brand settles into my frown lines- I really like it. I should say I do use a regular concealer, (a cheap one like Loreal) that is not a mineral makeup product.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I agree with you- in part. I had a mineral makeup makeover in the salon I get facials at, and it did settle into the lines and add years.

However, on the rare occasions I do wear make up, I use Bare Essentials, and find it just gives me a little color, and evens out my completion. I don't find that brand settles into my frown lines- I really like it. I should say I do use a regular concealer, (a cheap one like Loreal) that is not a mineral makeup product.
Maybe the mineral makeup does not refract the light away from the wrinkles
but makes them clearer.
I found I use less with a normal foundation than with mineral powder and get a better result.

·
Administrator
33,768 Posts
Maybe the mineral makeup does not refract the light away from the wrinkles
but makes them clearer.
I found I use less with a normal foundation than with mineral powder and get a better result.
I agree with you Lydia. I didn't have the best luck with mineral makeup. I did try several brands, and they did vary. Meaning a few were definately better, but never was I completely satisfied with the look. I do keep it around, and try it from time to time, just to see if it has changed any. What kind of foundation are you using now?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Sandy!
My step-mom just treated herself to Jane Iredale (sp?) mineral makeup and she loves it. Although she said it was pricey. She is 59 and has been a "soap & water" girl most of her life and has some deep set lines. For someone who doesn't usually wear foundation/makeup - she looks radiant!
HTH & Welcome : )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts