Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

An Auntie of mine was using Lumigan eye drops for her glaucoma. Her eyelashes grew so long & lush that they looked fake. I began using the stuff too: NOT as a drop in my eye, though. I bought a cheap fine paintbrush & began brushing it just above my upper lashes & right beneath my bottom lashes (like you would with a liquid eyeliner. 11 weeks have passed & my lashes are so thick, black & long that it is incredible. There are many more of them too. I've had no side effects of any kind. All you do is brush it onto clean lids at night before bed & that's it! Full results tale 16 weeks. Lumigan is made by Allergan (makers of Botox). They have repackaged Lumigan under the name Latisse. It is USFDA approved. If you buy it as Latisse, it costs 3 times as much & comes with all these cheap brush applicators. Get it online as Lumigan & save a bundle. There are other 'eyelash conditioners' out there, but this stuff absolutely is clinically proven to work. Google latisse dot com to see for yourself. Just thought I'd share this exciting new product with you guys out there.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Thanks Ondine!! That's very encouraging!!

I've been using it too for about 8 weeks now and hope to have those long lush black lashes soon!!

Have you had any problems with "shedding" at all? Some ppl say their lashes fell out suddenly and then regrew. Apparently it's the normal growth cycle.

Thanks for sharing!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Fawnie: so far, I haven't had any shedding. At this rate, by the end of the 16 weeks, my eyelashes will look like those extensions people get. Once I achieve my result, I'll switch to a maintenance routine ( 3 times or so/week). What is great is that it is so fast & easy to apply! Effortless!

BY week 8, you should be seeing some changes; anything so far?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes Ondine! I am seeing some longer curlier lashes here and there at 9 weeks! The ones growing in are darker. I apply oil in the morning and that's it!!! No mascara unless I really want them to stand out.

Yes! It is so effortless now, aside from applying the Lumigan at night! No runny mascara, no clumps, no problems!!! Great post and let us know how it is going for you as well!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hmmm, you know, we have been struggling along on the 'eyelash growth' thread with our Lumigan! I wish you'd joined us sooner 'cos I could have done with the encouragement (eh, Fawnie?).

Never mind - it's really good to hear your news. I am nearing week 6, and think I am beginning to get more noticably long lashes - but they're not 'OMG look at her lashes' lashes.

Please stay with us (grovel, grovel) and encourage us through the next month at least,,,

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You'll begin to see those OMG! lashes after approx week10. I will end week 11 on Mon. & my lashes are fantastic. Be sure you have removed any trace of makeup & that your lids are free of makeup remover residue or any other creams so the Lumigan will penetrate maximally.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You'll begin to see those OMG! lashes after approx week10. I will end week 11 on Mon. & my lashes are fantastic. Be sure you have removed any trace of makeup & that your lids are free of makeup remover residue or any other creams so the Lumigan will penetrate maximally.
Eesh, week 10? Ok, that's something to aim at anyway!

Ondine, how long do you wait after the Lumigan to apply eye or face creams?

Can you go without mascara now if you want/need to?

Are you using any other form of eyelash treatment - thinking particularly of some kind of conditioner? I ask because some say that Lumigan can be drying. I use various oils or Ardell/Mavala lash growth & conditioners myself (at the opposite end of the day to the lumigan).

Has anybody commented on your lashes?

Ok, that's 4 questions just for starters...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get compliments on my lashes all the time & it feels great! I do not even own mascara. Any treatment that goes on lashes themselves will not lengthen them. It may give the illusion of improving them by making them appear darker or shinier, but it is the OIL you applied that is shiny; your lashes are the same as they were. Growth takes place deep in the follicle & the root. Lumigan is a watery textured fluid that you brush on along the lash base. I do not use any eyecream that would go that close to my eyes ever. The stuff is so quick & easy to apply that the time flies. You can easily forget that you are using it. The results, in my case, have been great. If I can figure out how to upload a photo I took yesterday I will.

Here it is! This was taken yesterday & I am not wearing any makeup on my eyes or skin whatsoever. Note how the retin A has saved me from wrinkles & lines (I'm 44 yrs old). The photo is a little darker than I actually am but you can see the results of the Lumigan clearly. Hang in there! You'll be glad you did.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Bella! Bella! Ondine from what I can tell from this picture, the proportions of your face are superb - eyes, nasal bridge, forehead. You are a lucky girl! Big eyes and nice lashes!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Fawnie! You're a real sweet heart.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I get compliments on my lashes all the time & it feels great! I do not even own mascara. Any treatment that goes on lashes themselves will not lengthen them. It may give the illusion of improving them by making them appear darker or shinier, but it is the OIL you applied that is shiny; your lashes are the same as they were. Growth takes place deep in the follicle & the root. Lumigan is a watery textured fluid that you brush on along the lash base. I do not use any eyecream that would go that close to my eyes ever. The stuff is so quick & easy to apply that the time flies. You can easily forget that you are using it. The results, in my case, have been great. If I can figure out how to upload a photo I took yesterday I will.

Here it is! This was taken yesterday & I am not wearing any makeup on my eyes or skin whatsoever. Note how the retin A has saved me from wrinkles & lines (I'm 44 yrs old). The photo is a little darker than I actually am but you can see the results of the Lumigan clearly. Hang in there! You'll be glad you did.
Ondine, lovely pic! mind sharing the source of lumigan please, thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts

Thanks for your help and encouragement, Ondine. I had to enlarge the pic to see anything, but I think I got it in the end and have to say they do look impressive! Amazing really, and you look as if you were born with them!

Here's hoping mine come creeping up on me pretty quickly!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ttee, I pm ed it to you.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Can you all using the Lumigan update me? I have super thin sparse lashes I always have even with mascara they are puny. I would try this if the results would stay put and not reverse if I had to stop. I would hate to get the shedding I hear about as I don't have much to shed.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Goatlady
This will grow lashes for you, but if you stop using it eventually they will shed and return to their usual state. Much like using Retin-A will only benefit you as long as you use it.

It is a prescription glaucoma eye drop being used "off label" to stimulate lash growth, so if you have any eye problems at all you'll want to check with your eye doctor to see if this is appropriate for you to use!

Latisse is the "cosmetic" version of Lumigan. They are the same active ingredient. Here is the safety profile of Latisse, if you haven't already seen it. Latisse is getting a lot of advertisement, but it isn't for everyone!

About Safety | What you should know about LATISSEÂae safety

Hope this helps!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Yes it does help. A little growth will be helpful something any way. I cannot even stress enough how sparse and thin mine are. Next order to ADC I will add the Lumigan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a patient who used Lumigan; his skin was dry and parched but I noticed after using these drops his eyelashes really stood out

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi,

What happened when you stopped using lumigan? does the eyelash return to its original length? also, where can i buy this product from? I have been noticing that my lashes are shedding frequently which rarely happened to me before. I don't know whether it is tiredness or something which is causing this shedding. can someone pls help?

thanks.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts