Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't we all had a chop job at one time or another?
You bring in a picture, show exactly where you want it to fall, and *WHAM* before you know it, you're transformed!.....into something you do not even recognize. You want to cry, to bang your head on the wall, to strangle the stylist. What to do? Here is an article I found useful and want to pass along the knowledge:

Bad Haircut? Coping with a Bad Haircut - Tips for Growing Your Hair Out After a Bad Haircut

Prenatal vitamins contain folate which helps with hair growth!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
529 Posts
for years i used to go to the barber and they would use the shaver to like cut my hair in minutes. i always hated it lol, now i go to this place where they never use a shaver its all sisscors and looks way more natural

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Haven't we all had a chop job at one time or another?
You bring in a picture, show exactly where you want it to fall, and *WHAM* before you know it, you're transformed!.....into something you do not even recognize. You want to cry, to bang your head on the wall, to strangle the stylist. What to do? Here is an article I found useful and want to pass along the knowledge:

Bad Haircut? Coping with a Bad Haircut - Tips for Growing Your Hair Out After a Bad Haircut

Prenatal vitamins contain folate which helps with hair growth!
Oh no fawnie, please tell me this did not happen to you from the smokin, trash talking, hair sylist-
?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Don't you feel they all cut your hair too short? You ask for an inch they cut 2, I hate that! I told them I rather come often, if you cut too short, it will take me months to come back and they still don't get it! The only one I have found who cuts exactly like I want, quit! :-( She said she had enough of seeing hair all over the floor, in her shoes, socks, etc, she had nightmares, but she was good haircutter !

I read the article where it says "Honesty is the Best Policy!" I told once to a hair cutter that I wasn't happy and I heard she cried after I left. I was young when I told her and now I much wiser, I think all truth is not good to say. Remember she is the one who had the scisor, so dont turn your back! LOL

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
You know the ol saying, "give an inch take a mile" thats how I always feel when I get my hair cut!! Plus, with my girl, the more she talks the more she cuts. So most times I am sitting there as quiet as I can possibly be-

·
Registered
698 Posts
You know if I've ever had a bad hair cut, or something I just generally don't like, I never have the guts to tell my hair dresser...sad I know. I'm gonna try the whole honesty is best policy!

And its soo true they always seem to cut off more than you ask for...why oh why!!

The worst is a bad dye job! I once had my hair streaked, it was bleached first and then a toner was put in. It looked pretty nice in the hair dresser, I walked out happilly trodding along, only to walk past a mirror and notice it looked pretty much orange!!! The light outside showed the true colour. I had to go back to ask for an additional toner on top.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
When I get color, I always ask for the mirror and go outside and look at it. I have used the same girl forever, she knows my song and dance-

I am with you though, I NEVER have the courage to say "this haircut sucks!!" I think most of us are that way-

·
Registered
383 Posts
My daughter is yet to grow out of one. We came back from the hair dressers today, I really don't know whether to laugh or cry....I think I going to cry.

It happened thus. We dropped her off at one of our mutual friends house so she can babysit, whilst we attend to few appointments etc etc etc. We can back after several hours and we noticed that Charlotte (our friend) was acting all nervous and tense and just not herself. Anyway then we see why. Maddy comes running into the living room wearing a hat. Anyway she runs in to show us her picture that she made its a touchy feely picture. Cotton wool for the clouds. Blue Ribbon for the sky, blue beads for the pond. Twigs for trees, leaves for the leaves. Hair for the dogs....HER HAIR....WHICH SHE CUT...HERSELF. I then take the hat off from her hair and gasp, Mike on the other hand burst out laughing. My daughter looked so ridiculous! I was soo fuming, you could see the smoke coming out of my ears, what didn't help was that Mike was crying with laughter when Maddy turned around.

So two days later we took her to the hair dressers and the person who we normally see had to dash, so we were left at the hands of his helpful assistant....helpful my foot! She gave Maddy THE WORST bob cut I've ever seen! Actually no...It's not a bob cut....I don't know what it is but its not a bob cut. Maddy was so upset, she started to cry...lets just say Maddy did a better job at cutting her own hair than the amature hair dresser.
Now we're back home, my daughter refuses to speak to anyone, shes gone to her bedroom and hasn't come down and Mike is silently laughing.
I have to go an find something that will make it look better because we going to the main house for my FIL dinner party.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you find something to cover the Boo-Boo? What about a pretty scarf tied around like a headband with a poof at the side?

I don't blame Maddy for crying! That's exactly what I felt like doing! All I can say is, prenatal vitamins (not for kids, of course!), or anything with a lot of biotin/folic acid/B vitamins, protein drinks, exercise, MSM/Vit C and trimming of some of the worst bits are my main weapons now. Plenty of styling products can help a bit.

Have you ever suspected that your stylist secretly hates you? I think mine does! Time for a change.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Justlooking-yes Maddy is supercute! She's 3 years. My baby growing up!! Soon she'll start school. OMG!
Fawnie-I didn't find anything but Michael took her out to a little boutique that sells really cute things, there she brought a little pink bandana and it really suits her outfit. She looked really cute.
As for the stylist. He is so so...sorta like Gordon Ramsey (chef with a real attitude prob) anyways the stylist is nicer than him. Throws the odd freebie or discount here and there, when you catch him in the right mood. And he does a really good job. But the amature hair desser is (sorry to say) RUBBISH! I could do a better job. Even Maddy did a better job before/

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Have you ever suspected that your stylist secretly hates you? I think mine does! Time for a change.
Fawnie I have often wondered this!! You know, really, they are in total control on the outcome, that is what I always find scary. They have bad days just like anyone else does. I just pray the bad days aren't when I'm in the chair!!

Bad haircut=ball cap!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sometimes I think you are better to get your hair done in the morning, while they are nice and fresh.
My hairdresser has wrecked my hair with foils, they are so harsh on the hair. I think she uses bleach which dries hair out causing it to break.
My crown has a lot of breakage, I put a lot of product on to disquise it.
Mabe a good wig helps.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gee thanks Lydia....that's exactly what I need now: a blue wig!

Maybe that is the problem - I always go in the afternoon or early evening when they are just tired of looking at hair. Not a morning person, but I will have to be one for the hair! Still thinkin about that wig though.....

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Horse and Tail shampoo makes my hair grow too fast. When I get a haircut I love I quit using it so my hair will quit growing so much. My friends has tried it too, it works if you want long hair.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Horse and Tail shampoo makes my hair grow too fast. When I get a haircut I love I quit using it so my hair will quit growing so much. My friends has tried it too, it works if you want long hair.
Horse and Tail shampoo? Who makes it? I take horsetail supplements for my hair, didn't know there was a shampoo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts