Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had emailed Making Cosmetics yesterday to ask them if sepiwhite/skinwhite thins the skin. Heres what they had written back today:

Hi ******,

Skinwhite msh/sepiwhite msh, will not thin the skin it will diminish pigmentation by lightening pigmentation on the skin. It will also not make stretch marks, stretch marks happen when the tissue gets stretched due to weight gain.

Best regards,
Karen

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read it up here in the sepi white thread I believe. I wonder how much it can lighten the skin, especially if used with other lighteners?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
it has a VERY VERY stable chemical structure so you should get to your goal with it, but you would have to compound it to get the high concentrations about 2% and other lighteners to use would be bearberry and arbutin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's great to know! I want to reach Beyonce's complexion, and my complexion is around Toni Braxton's. So, I'll have to figure out how to formulate bearberry and alpha arbutin with sepiwhite.

Do you know how to make a formula from this?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thank you for looking into this! There was nothing in the 'Seppic' research that suggested thinning of the skin. It was written in a post from someone who had lightened well using F&F whose active ingredient is 5% sepi-white. Perhaps the effect was caused by something else in their cream. It is reassuring to know that this is not a problem!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I have my fingers crossed too. Most likely it's something in the Fair And Flawless creams that causes side effects. Please keep me updated with how the Sepiwhite goes, I hope it is able to lighten alot!

**I'm glad I'm not a "newbie" anymore**

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
eternal, if you have the money try the fair and flawless 5xf lightening gel that we were talking about in the other forum, it has the percentage of sepiwhite and other potent/strong bleaching that'll give results, from what I gather about the active ingredients there, I just dont have 159.99 dollar to buy a 4 ounce jar of it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right now my pockets are tight right. I thought about trying the fair and flawless 5xf lightening gel and read the forum on it and it seems to be very efective. But, when I saw the price on it my mouth basically dropped. It's so expensive.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Undecylenoyl phenylalanine

You can get 50G of 100% pure Sepi-White for $43.90 RETAIL! Considering that you will make a high potency concentration of between 5-10%, The cost of 4 oz of cream you make yourself would be a small fraction of the higway robbery you'll experience from F&F. They may indeed have created a wonder product-BUT at that price, the vast majority of people seeking to lighten will not be able to afford it. If they came down on the price, they'd ultimately make a killing. It would fly out of the stock room faster than they could replace it. Someone is making a marketing error over at F&F. Once word hits the web that something is safe & effective, actually delivers on its claims & doesn't cost a king's ransom, sales would soar.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree, Fair and Flawless are just way too expensive. 50g seem to be my best bet. Do you, or anybody up here) have a good cream and lotion recipe? Or should I buy one already made and then add the sepiwhite?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Eternal, click on my link then click on the sepi-white. Thee's a recipe for a 2% concentration right on the site that you can print out & use. You can alter certain ingredients to your liking as I plan to do.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eternal, click on my link then click on the sepi-white. Thee's a recipe for a 2% concentration right on the site that you can print out & use. You can alter certain ingredients to your liking as I plan to do.
Ok, thanks. I'll print it out tonight

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
LightNlift, you'd need to find either a willing compounding pharmacist or a senior pharmacology student or a chemistry student (senior). Someone with that kind of Bkgd might just find the challenge enticing for its own sake. Failing that, the best we can do is to learn all we can & do it ourselves.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I want to incorporate sepiwhite and other ingredient like symwhite 377 in a test batch and see how it goes... does anyone knws if I use more than the recommended % wat would happened??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts