Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dr. Farnoosh is widely recognized as an inventor of the proven method to treat discolored gums and has successfully treated thousands of patients. People who have darker skin may be prone to a buildup of melanin in their gum tissue. Few dentists offering laser gum bleaching have the years of experience and specialty knowledge Dr. Farnoosh has developed as an accomplished periodontist, university professor, published researcher, and celebrity cosmetic dentist in Los Angeles.
YouTube - Gum Bleaching - Los Angeles Dentist Dr. Farnoosh

This gum bleaching procedure is done with a laser and often only takes a single visit. The before and afters are amazing!! Dr. Farnoosh has been performing the technique for over 15 years, continues to see some
of the initial patients who were treated, and even after all this time, the gum pigmentation has not returned. That gives his patients significant assurance that the results of their procedure will last many years.

We can lighten our hair, skin, teeth and now our gums!!
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!!!

Cosmetic Dentist in Los Angeles Dr. Alex Farnoosh

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Actually, different topical gum bleaching treatments have been available at dental clinics for decades. My father had it done in the 1960's. My gums are pink but for those who need it, this is a great option. The dark purple tones in that patient's B4 image looks like some kind of gum disease. Even if a person is doing nothing whatsoever to alter their skin tone, gum bleaching makes for a nicer smile. Thanks for the link, Nikkicute!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your welcome!!

This the only gum bleaching treatment I have ever heard of.
You'd think if there was different topical gum bleaching treatments they be well known by now and available in stores like teeth whitening products.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Your welcome!!

This the only gum bleaching treatment I have ever heard of.
You'd think if there was different topical gum bleaching treatments they be well known by now and available in stores like teeth whitening products.
Well, actually brushing the gums, is beneficial and results in optimal oral hygiene e.g., healthier, pink gums. Similarly, the use of OTC bleaching creams and dental strips strips (for the teeth) also render an appreciable pinker hue to the gums.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, actually brushing the gums, is beneficial and results in optimal oral hygiene e.g., healthier, pink gums. Similarly, the use of OTC bleaching creams and dental strips strips (for the teeth) also render an appreciable pinker hue to the gums.
Huh?

OTC bleaching creams on the gums?
What products are you talking about?
I've also read that some whitening dental strips make the gums very sensitive.
Actually some of this patients gums are healthy but are naturally dark.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Huh?

OTC bleaching creams on the gums?
What products are you talking about?
I've also read that some whitening dental strips make the gums very sensitive.
Actually some of this patients gums are healthy but are naturally dark.
I see. I now understand the distinction between unhealthy gums and the condition of pigmented gums to which you are referring.

The product to which I am referring are for the teeth, yet inadvertenly make it to the gums in small amounts. These products are "Plus White" bleaching toothpastes and gels, and "Crest" dental strips. I would surmise, "sensitivity" is dependent upon the unique experiences of the individual users. I was okay. The peroxide seeps over to the gums and makes them peel a bit; hence the"appearance" of healthier, pinker gums.

The same was the case for my sister, who received the ZOOM whitening treatment (for teeth) from her dentist. The gums did not entirely escape the peroxide and UV treatments. The gums were healthy to begin with; however, looked pinker after the treatment.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder what Whoopi Goldberg would look like with this procedure.
lol She would look like Whoopi with pink gums I guess.
Never noticed how her gums looked.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree. She's iconic with that smile. I'm just curious because she comes to mind; meets the criteria for this procedure.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I agree. She's iconic with that smile. I'm just curious because she comes to mind; meets the criteria for this procedure.
i don't think so. her pigmented gums appear natural. in so far as, i would ordinarily not notice. in comparison to the individual treated (and shown in the photos) at the top of the thread, there was distinct discolouration, inconsistent with the ordinary appearance of his/her gums. big difference.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i don't think so. her pigmented gums appear natural. in so far as, i would ordinarily not notice. in comparison to the individual treated (and shown in the photos) at the top of the thread, there was distinct discolouration, inconsistent with the ordinary appearance of his/her gums. big difference.
It would be an option for Whoopi, cosmetic.
Not all his patients gums are discolored like the ones above, I'm sure he has patients with naturally dark gums who prefer them pink. It's a great service for those wanting it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's quite obvious some try to stir-up something when there's nothing to stir-up and that being slightly rude. I didn't take those pictures so don't shoot the messenger. If one can't respect others' opinions then what are you doing on here.

Whoopi's Pictures

·
Registered
94 Posts
^irrelevant.
It would be an option for Whoopi, cosmetic.
Not all his patients gums are discolored like the ones above, I'm sure he has patients with naturally dark gums who prefer them pink. It's a great service for those wanting it.
Yeah, it is a great service. I wonder what side effects or downtime comes from this.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts