Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everything hurts
i thought your sposed to feel good and stuff.. Lies!!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey i actualy did that today, minus the puke..
wierd....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Try taking a class if your gym offers them. I tried Zumba a few months ago and am totally hooked!
I get a great work out that is fun!!
I can't stand using a treadmill for 30 minutes!!! It get soo boring

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know those gyms that are filled with fluorescent lights, with rows and rows of shiney white equipment and TVs and stuff.
Yer.. mines dirty and dank, and when you walk in its like a iron smelting foundary with the clank of metal and screams of agony. Theres no fun gym class, no TV no anything. lol
I enjoy it cause when i walk in i feel like a 80s montage

I think i need more protein to help with the recovery process, or something

·
Registered
419 Posts
It sounds like u need to find a new gym

I joined a Planet Fitness two years ago and they have rows and rows of machines...I felt like a robot using those machines! Hated it!! So I did some research and found out that dance classes are sometimes offered through high schools. Can never go back to a gym again. I need fresh clean air to breathe when I walk. Hate to stand side by side with smelly, sweaty, dirty men!!! For some reason they always take the machine next to me

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Toni,

I doubt the smelly, sweaty, dirty men, are there to impress you. They're there to workout and could care less about what you think. It's a gym; deal with it. I have never gone to a gym where I find men wearing cologne, make up, and pretty colors on their clothing.

I train people from several gyms, when I workout, I go to the dark gym that I love. If I sweat, so what, that's why I'm at the gym. If I think I'm going to smell, I put on deoderant, if I feel dirty, I'll shower AFTER I'm done, not before to impress people like you.

You seem like the type of girl that goes to the gym with full make-up, an Ipod, too much perfume, and an attitude as if everyone in the gym wants to check you out.

Kamakaze, you should be disappointed if you don't feel soreness. I get nice and sore after every workout. It means you actually did something.

Oh and stupid dance classes will NEVER replace what you do at the gym, and if you don't like machines, well get the hell off them and use free weight, olympic bars, benches, e-z curl bars, swiss balls, kettle balls, dumbbells, cables, elastics, resistance bands, fitbars, agility balls, etc. I could go on and on.

·
Registered
515 Posts
As the years go by its gets harder to maintain the weight. The double digit fairy comes waves his wand and sooner or later we look like him!
I work out at home.
I don't like gyms much

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have never gone to a gym where I find men wearing cologne, make up, and pretty colors on their clothing.
QUOTE]

I colour co-ordinate my gym clothes

actualy its just black and white.. but still!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and no aruging in mah thread, peace and love

peace and love

·
Registered
419 Posts
I doubt the smelly, sweaty, dirty men, are there to impress you. They're there to workout and could care less about what you think. It's a gym; deal with it. I have never gone to a gym where I find men wearing cologne, make up, and pretty colors on their clothing.

Believe me I'm not thinking they want to impress me...and No, I don't go to the gym with full makeup, wearing cologne and pretty colors...
If they are not there to impress me then why do they choose the machine next to me when there are many free machines elsewhere???? And it's not just the sweat that bothers me...these men have dirty clothes on, belch, burp, fart etc....believe me they are dirty. As far as dancing not being exercise...I totally disagree with you. It's a work out!!! I do lift weights and use bands. I am very much in shape! yes, I like makeup, yes I like cologne and pretty colors but that's not what I'm about at the gym.

You have a right to your opinion as I do!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
We never know what each other is like IRL!!! Different strokes.

I love those Zumba classes! The loud drummy music just makes you want to move and SWEAT!! And I love my dingy manly free-weight room rather than the shiny new machines all grouped together like ladies at tea. Seeing all those testosterone-pumped guys just psyches me up to be a macha woman! It is a little intimidating at first - they are serious about it!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
We never know what each other is like IRL!!! Different strokes.

I love those Zumba classes! The loud drummy music just makes you want to move and SWEAT!! And I love my dingy manly free-weight room rather than the shiny new machines all grouped together like ladies at tea. Seeing all those testosterone-pumped guys just psyches me up to be a macha woman! It is a little intimidating at first - they are serious about it!
Fawnie do you know of any vitamins to boost metabolism which does not have yeast in it. ??

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes I do! Maca.
Maca Root and its Many Virtues - Herbs America Company
It's a little too speedy for me, but definitely sustains energy.

This will get you moving too:
Enzymatic Therapy, Fatigued to Fantastic! Energy Revitalization System, Citrus Delight, 7 Packets, 0.7 oz (21 g) + 1 UltraCap Each - iHerb.com

But it has whey protein in case you are lactose-intolerant.

B vitamins help too. If it's brain-fog, phosphatidylserine will open your eyes!
Sorry to hijack, kamakaze....your threads always run wild!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yes I do! Maca.
Maca Root and its Many Virtues - Herbs America Company
It's a little too speedy for me, but definitely sustains energy.

This will get you moving too:
Enzymatic Therapy, Fatigued to Fantastic! Energy Revitalization System, Citrus Delight, 7 Packets, 0.7 oz (21 g) + 1 UltraCap Each - iHerb.com

But it has whey protein in case you are lactose-intolerant.

B vitamins help too. If it's brain-fog, phosphatidylserine will open your eyes!
Sorry to hijack, kamakaze....your threads always run wild!!
Thanks heaps for that.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
is there any food to actualy increase metabolism? i dont take supliments at all..
hell i barely take pharamcuticals at all even if i am sick, even tho my mum is a nurse lol :/

1 - 20 of 54 Posts