Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anybody add HA to their Vit C serum or use if for other serums? TIA!!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I only have the powder. [email protected]!
I have the powdered HA as well , but when I was making this particular serum, I had no trouble dissolving the power and it made a nice gel that you add to your serum. I actually like the consistency of this serum versus the new one with the jojoba oil, but am giving the new serum a try at the moment, even though it is a little thinner.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Exactly which HA and where did you get it from, Rat? I've made a few mistakes trying to make my serums!! I wanna get it right. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've mixed HA in some serums I already have. It took some time, but the powdered HA finally dissolved.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes! We were using HA in Kassy's recipe but the measurements were getting ppl confused so I think we moved on Here is a thread that gives the recipe and the entire discussion:

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...-5-2009-a.html

We decided that liquid HA was easier to use. The powder clumps.
I've mixed my powdered HA with water and initially it clumps, but with some time, it finally makes a "serum." It does NOT dissolve easily or immediately! I may try it with my vit c serum.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I've mixed HA in some serums I already have. It took some time, but the powdered HA finally dissolved.
Your a lucky girl, normally it clumps up into one big ball. It just takes a lot of time when working with the powder, to get it to blend well.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your a lucky girl, normally it clumps up into one big ball. It just takes a lot of time when working with the powder, to get it to blend well.
Wow. Mine just dissolved and had a few little balls left in it. I stirred well and waited and it finally dissolved. I got mine from SkinActives too.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Wow. Mine just dissolved and had a few little balls left in it. I stirred well and waited and it finally dissolved. I got mine from SkinActives too.
Like I said you are a very lucky girl! I don't know anyone who has had much luck with HA in the powder form. Keep it, sounds like you have the winner.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
gymrat, can u use the hyaluronic acid from TPF on its own? That is a great bargain for a one ounce HA at 10 dollars, most other commercial places charge around 25 to 50 or more for a half ounce/ounce of hyaluronic acid, which is insane for something that our body makes on its own anyways.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
gymrat, can u use the hyaluronic acid from TPF on its own? That is a great bargain for a one ounce HA at 10 dollars, most other commercial places charge around 25 to 50 or more for a half ounce/ounce of hyaluronic acid, which is insane for something that our body makes on its own anyways.
I have never used it on it's own, I only use it in my C serum.

I order a lot from TPF they have great prices. Do you ever order from them?

One thing that chaps my hide-
is the price I paid for my SKB!!! Now they sell it for $13 for 2 oz. at skinactives. I paid $45 for 8 oz. I would have been fine with just getting 2oz.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
What about the Ferulic Acid, where does everyone buy theirs from?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I have never used it on it's own, I only use it in my C serum.

I order a lot from TPF they have great prices. Do you ever order from them?

One thing that chaps my hide-
is the price I paid for my SKB!!! Now they sell it for $13 for 2 oz. at skinactives. I paid $45 for 8 oz. I would have been fine with just getting 2oz.
Gymrat, I can't find the SKB at skinactives????? I searched and searched. Is it listed under another name, perhaps? THANKS!!

ETA: Never mind. I found your link on another thread! You're the best!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
No Gymrat here but I just want to butt in:

SeaKelp Bioferment and ferulic acid can be found at Skinactives.com
Skin Actives Scientific : Sea Kelp Bioferment

I get my L-ascorbic acid from Lotioncrafter.com
Ascorbic Acid, Ultrafine - Lotioncrafter LLC

And also my Vit E product from Lotioncrafter.com
Covi-Ox T 50 - Lotioncrafter LLC

And Enzian liquor as my alcohol source...I swear it works better!
http://www.tirolgeniessen.com/site/f...an_Schnaps.jpg

at least it makes the day sparkly when I make the serum!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just did an experiment last night with a "wrinkle serum" from Dr. Rey (the plastic surgeon on tv). It's really thin, so I put some of the serum in a dish and added HA, and stirred- it dissolved nicely, then I added vit c powder and FA and then more HA. Mixed that into the rest of the serum and it felt much better- not so sticky any more. Ta da! Also not as "watery..." It's not thick my any means. I might add some thicker moisturizer into it to make it a tad thicker. It's a mess trying to squirt it out because it's so thin. It has some nice ingredients in it. Can't name them off the top of my head here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts