Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've researched around and found some interesting information about people using MSM and reporting to find a lot of shocking results:

Some of them reported that their new hair growth came in faster, much more softer/"finer" in texture, and their curl patterns also came in looser. What I mean was, women of African descent reported that after taking MSM, their natural 4B hair came in, get this- 3C HAIR! They were shocked at the total transformation of their new hair growth. I also read a report from a woman taking MSM and her hair color changed into a much lighter hue!

What do you guys think of this? Has anyone taken MSM and noticed a total change in their hair?

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
no colour changes except it grows fast. oddly enough my fringe grows super fast as it reaches below my eyebrows in 2 weeks. but the full length takes much much longer. which is a pain as id like that to grow even. i have layers that need to get to one length.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I haven't noticed any growth at all with MSM. I got so discouraged at one point I stopped taking it for a week and experienced a major shed which was pretty scary, so I went back on it ASAP. Clearly it was doing something even though it didn't look like it. I've been on MSM for about 18 months.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just started taking 1000mg capsules of MSM. Hoping that if it doesn't at least help with hair growth, it will reduce shedding (which is not bad for me prior to starting MSM) and/or help strengthen my strands.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I am starting with GNC brand 1000mg capsules. It's a 90-count bottle, purchased for $10.99. I know they have a larger bottle, but since I didn't know if I would be sticking with it, I started with the smallest offering. Since I order from vitacost every 4-8 weeks, I am going to check out their MSM products. I will be surprised if vitacost is not cheaper than GNC. I dont' shop at GNC regularly enough to purchase their frequent-buyer card.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I'm like Randy - I take the Doctors Best along with the MSM that's in with my joint supplements.

My hair has been growing like crazy since I bumped up my dosage of MSM by 1500 mg a day.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I'm hoping I see some benefits from MSM as well. At least if it doesn't make my hair grow like crazy, it would be nice to see less shedding. I just ordered these and hope they are ok. The price was right anyways.

·
Administrator
33,661 Posts
Do you see better results with it than with MSM gymmie? Do yu take C with it also?
Yes, I take loads of C, half in the AM half in the PM. As far as the MSM and having better results with it............for my joints YES, more than I can explain, as for my hair...........not really that I can tell. I still shed the same, you know the same ol song and dance over here for me.

I do take MSM, Glucosamine, and Chondroitin in a capsule form in the AM. The MSM Sulfur powder I take in the PM.

·
Administrator
33,661 Posts
Right. Mine grows faster on MSM+C but not any thicker. Soon Ill have one long hair to wrap around my head like a turbin.
As you say tho, it does help joints, and my nails never break now since taking it.
Oh yes the nails........are VERY thick, that is a plus for me as well.

My hair is growing but hasn't stopped shedding...........it is actually the longest it has been in quite sometime. Thinking about chopping it off-

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think i need to give this a try. It's been scary how much hair I'm shedding on top. I'm starting to have to part my hair in crazy ways to hide it. I had decided no to MSM because of sleep problems side effects but I can't sleep anyway and I really want my hair.
gymmie what do you think about throwing a couple scoops in with noon protein shake?

·
Administrator
33,661 Posts
I think i need to give this a try. It's been scary how much hair I'm shedding on top. I'm starting to have to part my hair in crazy ways to hide it. I had decided no to MSM because of sleep problems side effects but I can't sleep anyway and I really want my hair.
gymmie what do you think about throwing a couple scoops in with noon protein shake?
itsmyskin, I think it would be fine mixing in with your protein shake. I mix mine with water or in a tiny bit of orange juice. It has a bitter taste but nothing that you can't handle.

As far as sleep goes.......I take this in the PM, my sleeping hasn't been bothered since taking it. Do you take calcium and magnesium in the PM??

Calcium and magnesium produce calming effects on the brain. They are essential for normal sleep. Calcium and magnesium taken 45 minutes before bedtime have a tranquilizing effect. Use a 2:1 ratio, such as 500 mg of calcium and 250 mg of magnesium in tablet or capsule form. For my calcium I take TUMS-

^^just something to think about.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts