Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have long curly hair and I am thinking of getting some side bangs done. Can anybody advise if side bangs will look good with curly hair? I would really appreciate if you can send me photos of side bangs haircuts I can have? I am confused as to which one will suit me.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Pumi- I have VERY curly hair, I blow out staight and flat iron it most days. Other times I scrunch it and go curly. I have bangs. They are long bangs, but they are bangs.
If I were you I would go for longer bangs at first until you get used to having them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Its funny that you mention this. My neice has very curly hair, has always worn it one length. She called me the other day to ask what I thought about cutting bangs. I gave her the same response as gymrat gave you......start with long bangs. She cut it......... she did the long bangs, I must say it looks very cute....she can either just straighten the bang and leave the rest curly (which is what she did when I saw her) or leave them curly.....They really look nice.

She wanted a change too but I convinced her that too short may not be a good idea. If you cut them long you can work with them, if you cut them short you will be stuck with them for a long time (till they grow out obviously) She loves them....hope this helps

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot girls. I was thinking of getting long bangs too coz I had never had bangs before and was not sure how it will look on me. I have attached two photos of hairstyles with long bangs. Can you please help me decide which one to go for?

Thanks a lot for ur advice. Really appreciate

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pumi- I have VERY curly hair, I blow out staight and flat iron it most days. Other times I scrunch it and go curly. I have bangs. They are long bangs, but they are bangs.
If I were you I would go for longer bangs at first until you get used to having them.
Thanks for your reply, Gymrat. My hair is not very curly but I usually flat iron it too to make it more manageable
I haven't tried scrunching coz everytime I used mousse, it makes my hair look messy and I have to wash it immediately to get rid of the hardened hair
Maybe I am not doing it the right way?
I love flat ironing coz it makes my hair look longer and nice but too much heat is damaging my hair and leaving it drier with split ends.

I will try the long bangs and just straighten them and leave the rest of my hair curly like momo said.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Thanks a lot girls. I was thinking of getting long bangs too coz I had never had bangs before and was not sure how it will look on me. I have attached two photos of hairstyles with long bangs. Can you please help me decide which one to go for?

Thanks a lot for ur advice. Really appreciate
The second photo I like best!

Also, do you apply any kind of product before you flat iron? You should, it helps more than you know. It helps in protecting your hair from the heat of the flat iron.

When it comes to scrunching, I use several products to get that to work for me. I just don't know what you can get in the UK.

Let me know-

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Gymrat. I agree with you. I like the 2nd pic best

It's been a constant struggle to tame my curly hair coz it gets frizzy. The only way I make it more manageable is flat ironing. I only use a heat protection spray before flat ironing. Do you use more products or is this enough you suppose? One thing I have noticed though when I spray on my roots, it makes my hair greasy. Usually, I have very dry hair.

Would you mind sharing what products u use when scrunching? I only used a store brand mousse once but hated it coz it made my hair all flat on top and all hard at the tip so i couldn't style it properly

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Thanks Gymrat. I agree with you. I like the 2nd pic best

It's been a constant struggle to tame my curly hair coz it gets frizzy. The only way I make it more manageable is flat ironing. I only use a heat protection spray before flat ironing. Do you use more products or is this enough you suppose? One thing I have noticed though when I spray on my roots, it makes my hair greasy. Usually, I have very dry hair.

Would you mind sharing what products u use when scrunching? I only used a store brand mousse once but hated it coz it made my hair all flat on top and all hard at the tip so i couldn't style it properly
Of course I will share my products with you-
When I wear it curly, when it is still wet I apply a little replenishing cream made by I.C.O.N. then wait a few minutes then apply a little Liss Extreme by Loreal the professional line, and sometimes I will add smoothing serum to keep the frizzys down. Pureology Shinemax, or Sudzz Frizz Eliminator, Karastase Oleo Relax or Catwalk Fashionista Smooth and Shine. Yes, I have A LOT of hair products as well. If I had to pick my favorite for a smooth and shine, it would be Sudzz or I.C.O.N. Soothing serum.

If you are using a thermal protection/heat protection spray, don't spray it on your roots. Spray lightly on your hair, but just a little bit. You want to protect your hair too, not just the roots. It is getting greasy from applying too much.

Good luck, if you have any more questions, just ask. And let me know how the new haircut goes for you-

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Gymrat. Your reply is very helpful. I will try looking for these products in the UK and let you know how it goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts