Skin Care Talk banner
401 - 420 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
That's the problem. It's just as if I woke up with all my edges eaten up. It was last month when I went to my hair stylist and she told me that my edges are gone. It was then I realized that I haven't been faithful to my hair.
Maybe your hair was constantly over processed at those spots. Maybe you skin care products are stifling your edges. Did you wear your hair in ways that put tension on your edges?
What hairstyles do you usually wear?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Maybe your hair was constantly over processed at those spots. Maybe you skin care products are stifling your edges. Did you wear your hair in ways that put tension on your edges?
What hairstyles do you usually wear?
Yes, I'm guilty of that. I do weaves, Braids, or gels. I'm even thinking of transitioning from relaxed hair to natural hair.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Yes, I'm guilty of that. I do weaves, Braids, or gels. I'm even thinking of transitioning from relaxed hair to natural hair.
That could be the culprit.
I'm a transitioner... it takes some adjusting to and it's not for the faint hearted.
But I'm happy I bit the bullet. Take your time to think about it.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Jaysus lazy bleacher, lazy natural!
You know me so well. I am sooo guilty! I take the lazy route to everywhere. Lol
I was at hip length when I decided to go natural... before I grew my hair to that length, I shaved it all off myself (I had a Britney moment). I didn't want the bald look again. I was imagining myself at work and how distracting that would be:p. I don't do halves... either I go bald or I transition... those where my options.:cool:

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
It's one of the reasons why I'm making up my mind to transition my hair. @Fluffington How was the beginning of your transition?
The beggining is usually hard simply because you're finding your feet. You're learning about your texture, and to complicate matters, you're dealing with two textures that require different things. Hair breakage at the line of demarcation is likely... so babying your hair and low manipulation styles will be necessary.
The big chop is a sane thing to do... transitioning requires accepting frustration as part of the journey... or amplified patience... however you want to look at things.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
You know me so well. I am sooo guilty! I take the lazy route to everywhere. Lol
I was at hip length when I decided to go natural... before I grew my hair to that length, I shaved it all off myself (I had a Britney moment). I didn't want the bald look again. I was imagining myself at work and how distracting that would be:p. I don't do halves... either I go bald or I transition... those where my options.:cool:
Bahaha! Britney moment. I wish you did a fade on one side and went to work trying to look all serious!

·
Registered
449 Posts
The beggining is usually hard simply because you're finding your feet. You're learning about your texture, and to complicate matters, you're dealing with two textures that require different things. Hair breakage at the line of demarcation is likely... so babying your hair and low manipulation styles will be necessary.
The big chop is a sane thing to do... transitioning requires accepting frustration as part of the journey... or amplified patience... however you want to look at things.
What products would you recommend me to use during hair transition?

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Bahaha! Britney moment. I wish you did a fade on one side and went to work trying to look all serious!
LOL... You're a winch.
You know, I wish I did that! I was a student then, so I would have been "edgy".
Now... bahaha... I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face!
I had dyed my hair blonde, it was a disaster, so I looked like....
Angelica's doll.jpg
Not sure which side I would have shaved! lol

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
What products would you recommend me to use during hair transition?
Much like skin care, it's also trial and error and products that work fine for me may not work the same way for others. That being said, I put up my regimen at the beginning of this thread... it hasn't changed significantly.
Hair6.jpg

These are pretty much what I have in my bathroom cabinet for hair... that I currently use... My staple products.
Everything on the left column is in my cabinet. I choose one of the three and stick to everything in it (shampoo, conditioner, heat protectant), depending on my mood and whether I feel my hair needs a keratin or moisture/strength treatment. Tresemme is my go to, everyday hair product. I haven't cheated on it... yet. I mean, I had this affair with pantene this one time, but I was kinda underwhelmed by it's performance and ran straight back home.
Kanechom/silicon mix, deep conditioning treatment. I usually run out cos my hair drinks conditioner... Irish style! So I fall back on tresemme.
Argan oil treatment is my staple serum/sealant
My whipped shea butter mix has now made it's way into my hair regimen as a moisturiser/sealant
Starting a 7day inversion/month with CaspersKitty.
That's it! ...I think!

Current length: In between waist and hip length
Current journey: Transitioning (21 months post)
Goal: Maintaining my hair at that length and cutting away relaxed ends.
Protective styles: Bunning
Hair preference: Straight! So I flat iron once a month.
Hair type: 3c... mainly
Washing regimen: Whenever my hair moans at me! (1-2x week)
Vitamins: Biotin & MSM (both 1000mg)

See... I told you I was boring!

401 - 420 of 452 Posts