Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I talked about this on another thread, I think, but I have lupus and was having major hair loss. I started out with 50/50 castor oil/virgin coconut oil and it really did start new hair growing on my top, sides and especially my edges, but it was growing so slow. Then I started also taking diatomaceous earth and it started growing like mad. My eyebrows were shortening from the ends and my eyelashes were really thinning out too. Rubbing the castor oil/VCO into them every night really fixed that and thickenedd my eyelashes so much! I found out that most eyelash thickening formulas have castor oil in them.

Anyway, with my lupus, I also was losing hair on my arms, and the DE grew that back. Like someone said, though, it also grows hair on your face and legs and underarms and makes your nails grow really fast. I have to wax my upper lip more often now, and shave everywhere too, but my hair and nails have never been in better shape. Plus, rubbing that oil around my eyes at night has nearly removed all the wrinkles from around them and gotten rid of my dark circles.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I use the D.E. I get mine from EarthworksHealth.com

Word to the Wise: hair will grow not just on your head. Eyebrows, eyelashes, legs, lip, chin,armpits and private areas.
Get a good shaver and keep money on hand to hit the nail salon often. I get my whole face waxed!
@hipvalley : how dyu use ur DE, and after how long did you start to see hair growth? ...

·
Registered
25 Posts
@hipvalley : how dyu use ur DE, and after how long did you start to see hair growth? ...
DE is a fine powder. You mix it with 8 ozs. of water, then drink another 8 ozs of water with it. The second glass of water is important because it washes it all down so you don't breathe it into your lungs. You start with 1 tsp. a day, taken on an empty stomach -- VERY important. It will not be absorbed if you take it with food. You work your way up to 1 tablespoon a day. I upped it every 3 days by 1/2 tsp. The reason you do this is because DE is also an anti-parasitic and it also absorbs heavy metals and bacteria from your system, so if you start too "big" it may cause serious detox symptoms. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT - it absorbs dangerous metals, but it also absorbs the good metals, like copper, zinc and iron. It's important that you take a good multi with minerals and a probiotic daily to replace the bad bacteria it removes with good bacteria, and an iron supplement every third day when taking it. I take one that has 28 mg of iron.

If you have a problem with candida, DE will clear that up. If you have unknown parasites, it will clear that up too. This stuff is miraculous, but DO NOT go overboard with it. Never take more than 1 tablespoon a day. In fact, it's a good idea to take a break from it sometimes. I take it for 2 months, then cut back to a tsp. a day for 2 months, then start back on a tablespoon a day. I've read that some people take it for 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, but nothing I've read says that is necessary as long as you are taking the supplements and eating a healthy diet.

You don't need to buy a whole lot. You can buy it on eBay really cheaply in 1 lb. bags. I started out with that, and then bought a 10 lb. bag to save money. A 10 lb. bag is about $30, so a lot cheaper than buying it in the 1 lb. bags.

It's also great for killing bugs. My son got scabies at school, and I bought one of those plastic bed covers and sprinkled DE all over his bed, even flipped his mattress and put it on the box springs. Put the mattress in the plastic cover and VOILA, bugs gone. People use it to kill bedbugs. I put it behind my stove and refrigerator and under my cabinets to kill roaches. You can also use it in the garden to kill things, but it has to be dry to work. If you're spreading it, you want to wear one of those paper masks to keep from inhaling it and safety goggles to keep it out of your eyes. The crystals have very sharp edges so it can damage your lungs and eyes.

OH, I forgot. It helps rebuild bones if you have osteoporosis and it keeps calcium from building up in your joints. I used to have horrible arthritis and it's gotten tons better with the DE.

You can also put it in your pet's food to keep parasites at bay and some people use it on their fur for fleas, but I'd be afraid it would get into their lungs.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
@ Hips and Valleys: my brows wont grow for nothing. Neither edges. I certain person, wont say their name because that'll be me 'RAT(ting) them out, said Careprost would work,,,,,useless advice :secret::fight:
Trust me, it grows everything!

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
DE is a fine powder. You mix it with 8 ozs. of water, then drink another 8 ozs of water with it. The second glass of water is important because it washes it all down so you don't breathe it into your lungs. You start with 1 tsp. a day, taken on an empty stomach -- VERY important. It will not be absorbed if you take it with food. You work your way up to 1 tablespoon a day. I upped it every 3 days by 1/2 tsp. The reason you do this is because DE is also an anti-parasitic and it also absorbs heavy metals and bacteria from your system, so if you start too "big" it may cause serious detox symptoms. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT - it absorbs dangerous metals, but it also absorbs the good metals, like copper, zinc and iron. It's important that you take a good multi with minerals and a probiotic daily to replace the bad bacteria it removes with good bacteria, and an iron supplement every third day when taking it. I take one that has 28 mg of iron.

If you have a problem with candida, DE will clear that up. If you have unknown parasites, it will clear that up too. This stuff is miraculous, but DO NOT go overboard with it. Never take more than 1 tablespoon a day. In fact, it's a good idea to take a break from it sometimes. I take it for 2 months, then cut back to a tsp. a day for 2 months, then start back on a tablespoon a day. I've read that some people take it for 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, but nothing I've read says that is necessary as long as you are taking the supplements and eating a healthy diet.

You don't need to buy a whole lot. You can buy it on eBay really cheaply in 1 lb. bags. I started out with that, and then bought a 10 lb. bag to save money. A 10 lb. bag is about $30, so a lot cheaper than buying it in the 1 lb. bags.

It's also great for killing bugs. My son got scabies at school, and I bought one of those plastic bed covers and sprinkled DE all over his bed, even flipped his mattress and put it on the box springs. Put the mattress in the plastic cover and VOILA, bugs gone. People use it to kill bedbugs. I put it behind my stove and refrigerator and under my cabinets to kill roaches. You can also use it in the garden to kill things, but it has to be dry to work. If you're spreading it, you want to wear one of those paper masks to keep from inhaling it and safety goggles to keep it out of your eyes. The crystals have very sharp edges so it can damage your lungs and eyes.

OH, I forgot. It helps rebuild bones if you have osteoporosis and it keeps calcium from building up in your joints. I used to have horrible arthritis and it's gotten tons better with the DE.

You can also put it in your pet's food to keep parasites at bay and some people use it on their fur for fleas, but I'd be afraid it would get into their lungs.
Wow @kassie73 : ..!!!

Thanks a tonne for taking the time to guide me so thoroughly on DE ... I absolutely appreciate it alot :kisskiss:

I will definitely give it a try asap - both me and my pets. I sincerely hope it first and foremost grows my hair , Although every other benefit is very welcome ....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts