Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do for a 22 year old Male whose losing his hair at the crown.
Does anyone have any majic solutions for REGROWTH!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Netty,
I would get him on Rogaine asap! Generic is cheaper and just as good! The sooner he starts the less hair loss he will have! Unless of course he has an underlying medical problem that might be causing it? Thyroid? Not enough protein in the diet?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I don't think is silly. Sometimes stres , some times water, sometimes gene! Everything could happen!
Hey - Mari was referring to her own suggestion (using eyelash enhancers) - not to this person's problem with hair thinning. Heaven knows that it is a problem that affects many of us - women included!

I saw an on-line program just the other day where two NYC dermatologists were saying that hair loss effects just as many women as it does men, it just does not present itself to the same degree. They also urged women to see their doctors (preferrably their dermatologist) because there are things they can do about it nowadays.

·
Registered
40 Posts
if the root of the hair is still there then hair will regrow, but unfortunately if not, nothing will replace the hairloss. My nephew has aloplecia and loses his hair from time to time, he got so fed up with it he shaved it all off.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Got a hairloss question too. All the males in my family that are older than me are bold. All my grand-fathers, uncles and my cousin began balding when he was about my age (I'm 20 now). When I was 16-17 both a hairdresser and a friend of mine said that I began bolding:p, however, it never happened
. I think it was because I began taking MultiVitamins and eating healthier etc. But I'm just wondering what I should do to prevent the hairloss, because I know it will come in the future (my dad began balding when he was 18). So far I'm using:

MultiVitamin
Vitamin K2
Biosil
CoQ10
MSM

Is that enough? I think beginning on Rogain might be too drastic.

Thank you (promise reps)

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid of Rogaine. I have used it myself (I'm a girl) to thicken the hair & it seemed to work.

The supplements sound like a good idea, but if it is hormone related, which male pattern baldness is, you would need a topical hormone blocker, like Rogaine!

Let us know what you decide and your progress! This is a hot topic for all males I understand!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid of Rogaine. I have used it myself (I'm a girl) to thicken the hair & it seemed to work.

The supplements sound like a good idea, but if it is hormone related, which male pattern baldness is, you would need a topical hormone blocker, like Rogaine!

Let us know what you decide and your progress! This is a hot topic for all males I understand!!
Yes no amount of supplements or diet will alter the hormone involved in male pattern baldness. Regardless of what Gary Null says on PBS. Unless maybe he does drink green juices all day long.

That being said, do some research on the herb saw palmetto. It has anti-balding actions. Also consider addding retin-a to the Rogaine to increase it's action. (synergy)

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Peri, I don't get very good reception here in the cave, so I don't know what's being said on PBS, but I did read about the retin-a/rogaine synergy thing. DH won't try it, so I'll never know how well it works.

Rogaine is OTC and generic. Walmart and most drugstores in USA have it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
My sister used to have hair loss probs, anyway she used lavender oil and rosemary oil mixed in with almond oil at night and washed it off in the morning. She used to do that after reading a study carried out by a university in Scotland I think. The results showed that the people who used the oils had an increase in hair growth and the people who didn't use these oil remained the same.

Try eating pumpkin seeds as well. That is suppose to be good for hair loss as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, Rogaine worked for my dad pretty well. Also, some Main and Tale shampoo / Virgin Coconut Oil wont hurt.

i had stressed induced hair loss problems last year, and Virgin Coconut Oil Shampoo brought back the volume.

neena nina

1 - 20 of 20 Posts