Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have hair about 20 cm in length, long for a guy.
and its asian straight hair, its not too oily or dry i maintain it well.

but since ive changed my life style for a better.. my hair seems to be thinning!! its not cool cause if im gonna have a receeding hairline its now in my 20s! /cry

where i part my hair on the top its getting a little thin!

can anyone recomend a really really light shampoo.. something that wont stripe my hair out?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
OMG--I was at a dinner party and this woman who I know, she is not so old, 30's..told me she just had a hair transplant--I would die! She apparently has a genetic predisposition. I would be trying anything if I were her.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have an asian friend who is only 26 and he is having a hair transplant next month!! Fair enough he is balding a lil, but I thought men could get away with it!?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its really scary when u see ur hair thin out.. im so scared right now im not gonna touch it.. no combing or blow drying or anything

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess its time to change where i part my hair from right to left

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
kamakaze, what about Rogaine or Propecia? Those have some scientific evidence behind them. Some ppl use Retin-A in conjunction with Rogaine to help it penetrate the skin. Also Dermarolling is something some ppl do to help with penetration of the chemicals.

But I don't find thinning hair or receding hairline unattractive at all! It depends on the guy! Even a bald one like Bruce Willis is pretty secksay! Just go with it and shave it!!

You are wise to handle it as little as possible though. No blowdrying or rough brushing. I use Nizoral shampoo - it thickens up the hair and there is some evidence that it helps with counteracting the "thinning hormone".

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Kamakaze, try eating food which is high in Zinc, that will help with hair loss. My sister has the same prob and she read in several places that eating/drinking organic apple cider vinegar helps with hair loss, sliming and complexion. She's started this two days ago. She mixes one to two teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with water and drinks it.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nope, I don't think I could stomach vinegar as well! If you can't bring yourself to have Apple Cidar then just have food that is high in Zinc.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Kamakaze, try eating food which is high in Zinc, that will help with hair loss. My sister has the same prob and she read in several places that eating/drinking organic apple cider vinegar helps with hair loss, sliming and complexion. She's started this two days ago. She mixes one to two teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with water and drinks it.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Maha- I will try this. If nothing else maybe I could throw it in my protein shake in the mornings. I throw everything else in this whats one more thing, can't hurt-

Thanks for sharing-

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think its really cause mum bought a diff shampoo.. maybe my hair takes a little to adjust..

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive actualy pinpointed the reason my hairs starting to fall out..

cause i now to go the gym and stuff, i produce more testosterone which somehoe becoems soemthign called dht which then ends up in my hair and falls out..

what kinda cruel world is this.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

cause i now to go the gym and stuff, i produce more testosterone which somehoe becoems soemthign called dht which then ends up in my hair and falls out..

Wellllll, maybe....but if it's the DHT, then Rogaine shampoo and treatment should help combat that.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
383 Posts

Eating pumpkin seeds reduces DHT. And helps regrowth of hair. And also try rogaine shampoo, like Fawnie said.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have read that lavender oil can reduce hair loss and help re-growth. Have anyone used it for this purpose?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wellllll, maybe....but if it's the DHT, then Rogaine shampoo and treatment should help combat that.
2nd that. Rogaine or even Frederic Fekkai More. Both are great products and focus on the extraction of the DHT. Just remember that anything that you try will take at least two months to show up in terms of new hair growth, the hairs will start as new growth so they wont be visable right away. Also, if you folicles are dead, the hair will not regrow. If you hair loss is something that is genetic, your hair will not regrow....its a bummer I know. Best of luck!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts