Skin Care Talk banner
221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
@gymrat hi how are you!

So my personal experience dates back to 2008 when I first used dermaroller on my face to soften acne scars ( indentations as opposed to hyperpigmentation) I found the dermaroller not as superior as dermapen ( unsanitary even after disinfecting/ needles get damaged)
Dermapen was life changing. The disposable cartridges offer different needle length and speed setting.
My pitted scars are 90% improved. Now after having used this for many years I felt confident using this on both my mum and i's balding scalps. Doctors were charging thousands of pounds for something so simple. The science behind the procedure is stupidly simple too, create microwounds/channels in skin to promote collagen induction/follicle stimulation. To answer your question about topicals, for face I alternated between vitamin c and hyaluronic acid. For scalp- no topicals just straight needling on a freshly washed head and no washing of hair for 2/3 days after to let micro wounds heal and blood to coagulate etc
I shall insert a pic I have on my phone of my mums hair before and 4 weeks after, and shall get updated pics when I see her, and I must say recent pics are even more amazing!
Wow those pictures are amazing:D Can you post a picture of your dermapen?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Please try microneedling with a dermapen. Got mine off Ebay
My mothers balding scalp grew back in after 4 weeks!
Are you microneedling with a product? @kikibella88 I have microneedled scars and such but never my scalp....tell me more!!
I did this with castor oil and also I juice ginger, garlic and onion and used this too. Grew back my traction alopecia quick

·
Administrator
33,874 Posts
@gymrat hi how are you!

So my personal experience dates back to 2008 when I first used dermaroller on my face to soften acne scars ( indentations as opposed to hyperpigmentation) I found the dermaroller not as superior as dermapen ( unsanitary even after disinfecting/ needles get damaged)
Dermapen was life changing. The disposable cartridges offer different needle length and speed setting.
My pitted scars are 90% improved. Now after having used this for many years I felt confident using this on both my mum and i's balding scalps. Doctors were charging thousands of pounds for something so simple. The science behind the procedure is stupidly simple too, create microwounds/channels in skin to promote collagen induction/follicle stimulation. To answer your question about topicals, for face I alternated between vitamin c and hyaluronic acid. For scalp- no topicals just straight needling on a freshly washed head and no washing of hair for 2/3 days after to let micro wounds heal and blood to coagulate etc
I shall insert a pic I have on my phone of my mums hair before and 4 weeks after, and shall get updated pics when I see her, and I must say recent pics are even more amazing!
WOW, great success for your mom @kikibella88 I've never used the dermapen just the dermaroller. Thank you for sharing, please tell your mom to not give up, its looking great so far. :thumbsup: how often is she using it do you know?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks @gymrat I'll be sure to tell my mum of the encouraging feedback received here, and happy to share as I've learnt so much on this site over the years!

Regarding her treatments, I carried this out on my mother as I felt confident with treatment protocol and she trusted me too, so just a little disclaimer for newbies please do your research regarding procedure/ contraindications etc

One treatment round completed ( course of 6 microneedling treatments with dermapen spaced one week apart at 1mm needle length).

Carried out on dry, clean scalp no serums/ mesotherapy used, hope to introduce this in round two ( next month) for maintenance. Possibly thinking of dht suppressing topicals, follicle stimulants and the like.

* results started to show on week 4, with week 6 producing the result you see above.

·
Administrator
33,874 Posts
Thanks @gymrat I'll be sure to tell my mum of the encouraging feedback received here, and happy to share as I've learnt so much on this site over the years!

Regarding her treatments, I carried this out on my mother as I felt confident with treatment protocol and she trusted me too, so just a little disclaimer for newbies please do your research regarding procedure/ contraindications etc

One treatment round completed ( course of 6 microneedling treatments with dermapen spaced one week apart at 1mm needle length).

Carried out on dry, clean scalp no serums/ mesotherapy used, hope to introduce this in round two ( next month) for maintenance. Possibly thinking of dht suppressing topicals, follicle stimulants and the like.

* results started to show on week 4, with week 6 producing the result you see above.
Look up the brand DS Laboratories they have several dht products, shampoos, topicals, etc, plus 20% off right now! https://dslaboratories.com/

Best of luck to your mom :heart: and happy to know you've learned a lot over the years here :hugs:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have started using my dr. pen that I bought on Amazon, I also just started using rice water and onion juice. I will keep you posted on my results.

·
Registered
159 Posts
has anyone tried batana oil, its an oil from Honduras and its suppose to grow hair, google it. Anyhoot I ordered some from ebay and I also started onion juice mixed with garlic and rice water. I am seeing new sprouts of thin hair and not sure what is working because i am using a lot of different supplements and oils mixed together as well as several hair growth teas. So basically I am using a powerhouse of great things that is supposed to grow hair. since i live alone and working from home this is the best time to take advantage of the onion juice and garlic. :D

221 - 231 of 231 Posts