Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember when I said that I used the TCA peel for my hands?
Well yeah, it did work... For like a WEEK. Then everything just went back to normal! I've been crying all day everyday.. Seriously! My hands and my feet are just disgusting! It's so annoying because people just automatically assume i'm bleaching and make fun of me...I was looking through past photo's of me and even though I was light I always had dark knuckles. Please, Please Pleaseeeeeeeeeee can someone help me on this issue. I know it may sound pathetic but I have actually contemplated suicide before. Yes, it sounds silly but it's not nice to be constantly referred to as the "girl that bleaches" and have no friends at college because of this. I have tried practically everything! I need quick results! Can someone please help me on what to do? I start university in September and I don't want the same thing that happened to me at college to happen to me again
... Thank you.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You are beautiful dont worry about what those other people say.Just hold your head up high!They are probably just jealous and they need to pick on others to make them feel better.You will get through this good luck i will pm you about the situation

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Sorry my darling things will be fine soon than you expect. It's happened to me a million times over, but the experts in this field will help you out as soon as they can. Nothing is ever too late - in the interim get pure glycerin as your handcream and wear a disposable latex gloves around the house and nothing else, till you get the expert advice...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Use the fair and flawless suntan remover cream is using with some lactic acid Delegate Angel or 5xf gel , I posted TCA peel is not good for body peeling but some go ahead with it.
Thanks for your help!
I didn't read your post about TCA, it's a shame that I didn't otherwise I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole! It worked and I was happy for a week and then the darkness just rushed right back....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry my darling things will be fine soon than you expect. It's happened to me a million times over, but the experts in this field will help you out as soon as they can. Nothing is ever too late - in the interim get pure glycerin as your handcream and wear a disposable latex gloves around the house and nothing else, till you get the expert advice...
Thank you Toffee. I will try and get the cream as soon as possible!! Do you know if I can get it from a chemist or something? How did you deal with the situation? I'm just really upset because being summer I can't go out with my hands like this because of re-darkening and even if I could I don't have no friends to go out with!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 5xgel will sort that out. Btw, did you use sunscreen on your hands during & after the peel?
Yeah, I did.. But I don't know why.. It just went darker then what it was in the start after a week!
It's really depressing. People are SO judgemental.

I have 5x gel at home.. I used it for a while but decided it wasn't doing anything for me.. I'll go back to it though. Do you know roughly how fast I will see results? And should I combine it with something like HQ or RA?

Thanks so much for your reply CB! Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Remember when I said that I used the TCA peel for my hands?
Well yeah, it did work... For like a WEEK. Then everything just went back to normal! I've been crying all day everyday.. Seriously! My hands and my feet are just disgusting! It's so annoying because people just automatically assume i'm bleaching and make fun of me...I was looking through past photo's of me and even though I was light I always had dark knuckles. Please, Please Pleaseeeeeeeeeee can someone help me on this issue. I know it may sound pathetic but I have actually contemplated suicide before. Yes, it sounds silly but it's not nice to be constantly referred to as the "girl that bleaches" and have no friends at college because of this. I have tried practically everything! I need quick results! Can someone please help me on what to do? I start university in September and I don't want the same thing that happened to me at college to happen to me again
... Thank you.
TCA is not for dark skin...

you have to wait a couple of weeks before doing anything, otherwise, your melanocytes may become hyperpigmentary and your skin will resist to lightening products.

you can use topical corticosteroids for a few days to decrease melanocytes activities.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are beautiful dont worry about what those other people say.Just hold your head up high!They are probably just jealous and they need to pick on others to make them feel better.You will get through this good luck i will pm you about the situation
Thanks so much Bryanna. I will try my best not to show them it's not getting to me. I'm just so astonished as to how people aged 17-18 can act like 5 years old's towards one another..... x

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TCA is not for dark skin...

you have to wait a couple of weeks before doing anything, otherwise, your melanocytes may become hyperpigmentary and your skin will resist to lightening products.

you can use topical corticosteroids for a few days to decrease melanocytes activities.
Would Diproson be ok to use?

·
Registered
896 Posts
As for my own personal experience with the 5xgel, it made my hands colourless within 1 week, knuckles and all. I too used TCA 30% on my knuckles. I applies 3 layers a year or so ago but i did not experience redarkening, i was really pleased with the results.

Never used HQ so i am not the best person to ask, sorry.

Yeah, I did.. But I don't know why.. It just went darker then what it was in the start after a week!
It's really depressing. People are SO judgemental.

I have 5x gel at home.. I used it for a while but decided it wasn't doing anything for me.. I'll go back to it though. Do you know roughly how fast I will see results? And should I combine it with something like HQ or RA?

Thanks so much for your reply CB! Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As for my own personal experience with the 5xgel, it made my hands colourless within a week and a bit, knuckles and all. I too used TCA 30% on my knuckles. I applies 3 layers a year or so ago but i did not experience redarkening, i was really pleased with the results.

That's ok, thanks for answering.
In regards to the 5xgel, should I apply it to all my hand or just the knuckles?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As for my own personal experience with the 5xgel, it made my hands colourless within 1 week, knuckles and all. I too used TCA 30% on my knuckles. I applies 3 layers a year or so ago but i did not experience redarkening, i was really pleased with the results.

Also, I was thinking about doing LA peels aswell. How long should I wait before using the 5x gel or can I put it on as soon as I wash off the LA peel?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Yes sweetie, I went darker. Pure Glycerine Bp and get the disposable plastic gloves this can be found in any chemist and you will be smiling in a week. Don't worry too much about it - it's only a learning phase.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts