Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, what a fantastic site... So much to learn...
I'm in my 40th.. Where do i start?I want my youthful face back.. Help, please.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and Welcome Liliana! First thing to do, is start with a good moisturizer and never leave the house without a good sunblock!

·
Registered
330 Posts
HI Liliana, welcome to the site!

Coming from Aus, I guess you know all about sun damage but a 30+ block-out on the face really is a necessity especially if you exfoliate or use Retin A or Glycolic acid creams.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome aboard Liliana you came to the right spot for good honest skin care help!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy and welcome. Exfoliate! Great way to start
Can you recommend any exfoliation methods or products that are worth trying? How often do I have to do it? What products are the best to use after that?
Any idea if microdermabrasion is a good way to exfoliate? Thank you....

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I love Glycolic products they really do a great job. There are so many products out there now that contains it. There is the MD Forte line which I used and there is also Aqua Glycolic and a micro fiber cloth works well also. Any questions just ask lots of info here use your search box you will find a lot of info/threads. Vit C serum which many of us use here and make ourselves is also great!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iâ€2122 m trying to get some ingredients for Vit C serum here in Australia. Have some problems with finding pure substances.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi! Since joining you Iâ€2122ve learned a lot, but still have plenty of questions...
I hardly use any cosmetics, except mascara and lipstick. In the am I put on rosehip oil (occasionally avocado oil) and in 20 min- sunscreen. At night I wash my face with water, few times a week I exfoliate with Regenerist Thermal Mini-Peel with glycolic acid and micro-crystals. I try to use Retrieve (Tretinoin 0.05%) every night, alternating occasionally with rosehip oil. My skin probably on the dry side.. I want to know if I need to use any cleanser at all in my routine. Do you think that Regenerist Thermal mini-peel is a good choice for exfoliation? I'm about to order my actives for Vit C serum... Will I need to use rosehip oil with it in the morning? Can you recommend any good moisturiser as my skin constantly feel dry?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I have never tried the Regenerist Thermal Mini-Peel but it does get great reviews and it does have GA in it which I like using. You may want to use an oil based cleanser to get off your sunscreen even though you are not using any type of foundation or powder. You being in Australia perhaps someone else on the forum can help suggest one that is easy to find for you. You will love the DIY Vit C serum. I can't gush enough about that one and of course RA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts