Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I have been suffering from premature greying since a couple of years. I am tired of dying my hair. I would really appreciate some cures if any to tackle this one big problem of mine. Each white hair I see is very depressing to me.

thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Shave your head.

Sorry, I could not resist! But honestly, I started getting grey hair in my early 30's and have been coloring it now for nearly 20 years. I don't think that this is something that can be stopped; at least it can be disguised (via hair dyeing) - unlike hair loss/thinning which seems impossible to stop and is more difficult to disguise and so seems like a bigger problem to me at least.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am only 27! I have been having grey hair since nearly 3 years now! It is very depressing! Hope there will be some wonderful and cheap cure for this problem soon!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for ur reply, Roi. I have to admit that my most of my hair has gone grey as I used to color my hair every now and then at the salon. I think they used something too strong for my poor hair and since that day I have noticed all my new hairs are growing as grey hairs
I am looking for something to fix and stop this but unfortunately I haven't come across anything yet except for coloring it myself.

What vitamins do you recommend for healthy and strong hair?I will have a look at the website you reommended.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Pumi you know i have been getting my hair died for years now and have had a problem with getting my hair coloured, normally i get vegetable colour in my hair and have never had a problem with this, i do this semi permenant and it does never last for long, but however if you get a semi permenant vegetable colour in your hair, you should not have a problem with this!

You should try and keep your stress levels and look into to get your hair permenantly coloured and get the hair dresser to add extra shine to the hair colour as well, this will give it a great shine!

You could always get a health check up at your local doctors to check your hormone levels and general health are ok too, but i dont mean to sound rude hear or stress you out but from what i know once your hair starts going grey there is not a lot you can do expect get your hair coloured, but hope vitmains etc do work for you!

By the way how is the vit c serum going for you? Did you start using a ret product or anything similar on your fact as well?
Good luck anyway

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your advice, NY. No, you don't sound rude to me. I appreciate your honest reply. I am indeed very stressed at the mo coz of my hair state..hmmm. Can you recommend a good hair dresser in north london? I didn't know you can ask the hair dresser to add extra shine to the hair colour...sounds very interesting! Are vegetable hair dyes available in hair salons? I will have a look then.

Speaking of vit c serum, I find it is gr8. It has helped even my skin tone and reduce the redness on my cheeks. Hw abt u?
I haven't started on ret product yet. I am finding the rosehip oil helping reduce my frown lines. What abt u? What products r u using? I hope they are working for you

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Its good pumi that the oils and vit c are helping you, yeah everything is going well for me too thanks!

However though i dont know any hairdresser in north london, sorry, i live in hertfordshire so only know ones in ricky, northwood and northwood hills area, wella and aveda do vegetable colours i think, but you need to look around and find out about getting your hair permentantly coloured im afraid!

Pumi though if you stress it will not help your hair colour though or your skin!

If you need some help you can always give me a call, im really busy with work as having to leave in august and not october as cant get the time off to finish my course in august so am trying to get loads stuff sorted out at the mo, but you just need to give me salons a call and go in for consulations or ask friends what they think! Good luck

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi everybody,

I have been suffering from premature greying since a couple of years. I am tired of dying my hair. I would really appreciate some cures if any to tackle this one big problem of mine. Each white hair I see is very depressing to me.

thanks a lot.
Hi everyone, sorry to say sooner or or late the greys will get you
some people later. My tip is find a good hairdresser or a good color from the pharmacy and do it yourself, its not hard. Get some advice on a color from the hairdressing supply shop or hairdresser.
I colored my mums hair for years.
Condition well, even use a gloss with a toner to finish (schwarzkopf color gloss) put this on after conditioner massage through wash off.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi everyone, sorry to say sooner or or late the greys will get you
some people later. My tip is find a good hairdresser or a good color from the pharmacy and do it yourself, its not hard. Get some advice on a color from the hairdressing supply shop or hairdresser.
I colored my mums hair for years.
Condition well, even use a gloss with a toner to finish (schwarzkopf color gloss) put this on after conditioner massage through wash off.
Thanks for your advice, lydia. really appreciate. Does anyone know if pharmacy sells vegetable hair colour?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
You know personallyi would colour my own hair, mainly cause i dont find it easy to get the colour evened out properly and i know for me that is worth while paying to have it done, always looks great afterwould, wish i had some money at the mo to get my hair colour done at the mo, eek im so broke!

Any pumi try aveda, wella etc for hair colouring they all will be able to help you, anyway must go, im hopping to get a few holidays before i leave work in august for good, without getting in trouble for doing so, good luck with it!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am broke too, NY!
Have been having trouble with my car lately which left me completely broke! snif. Thanks for ur input. I will have a look at aveda and wella as recommended. oh are you moving somewhere coz you are leaving work? I hope everthing is allrite on ur side?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For the mo, I am not able to afford anything!! Maybe by next month or so, I will be able to get my hair professionally colored with preferably veg hair dyes. My cousin is getting married in a few months' time. Trying to work ways to look my best! Would you advise for semi-permanent or permanent color, NY? and r veg hair dyes permanent and available in several colours? what colour would you advise on black hair?
thx

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Pumi go to a proffessional salon they will advise you correctly, if you have grey hairs though they will tell you to get it permenantly coloured, anyway gotta go, bye

·
Registered
515 Posts
You know personallyi would colour my own hair, mainly cause i dont find it easy to get the colour evened out properly and i know for me that is worth while paying to have it done, always looks great afterwould, wish i had some money at the mo to get my hair colour done at the mo, eek im so broke!

Any pumi try aveda, wella etc for hair colouring they all will be able to help you, anyway must go, im hopping to get a few holidays before i leave work in august for good, without getting in trouble for doing so, good luck with it!
To get the color even through comb through after application, this will ensure you have even coverage. If you want to refresh a permanent color at the ends if it has faded reduce the peroxide to 10 vol.
Don't be scared to do it yourself,
try the color you like in a semi which will wash out if you don't like it. Then move to a permanent.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the comb tip, lydia. I have never used a combe when coloring my hair myself. I will certainly give it a go.
cheers

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Personally i would never put peroxide on my own, i only use natural hair colourings, and secondly just be warned that if you do decide to die your own hair and this goes wrong it means bleaching out the old hair colour and then restoring it by putting on a the new hair colour!

This is a painful experience too, can lead to hair thinning and damaged hair!

Good luck though pumi with what ever you decide to do!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts