Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment this Friday for an acne facial treatment. All I know is they are going to clean my clogged pores, and that my face is going to be red after. I just can't wait to get rid of some of my face probs so, I figured if the doctor recommened it than it is good. She also said it would speed up my recover to clear skin. At this point I'm willing to do anything to get my skin back to normal, so I forgot to ask the important stuff like does it hurt, and how is it done? If anyone has had one let me know what your experience was like.

I will also keep you posted to let you know how it turned out and if it is worth it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well for anyone who has never had one. Well I just had my appointment friday and what she did was put glycolic acid on my face it tingled, and burned a bit. It was on for about a minute and a half then she took it off. After that she had this tool, it had a hole in the center and was small enough to put a pimple in the hole. So she used that tool to squeeze all my pimples that were full of puss and the hole in the middle pushes all the puss out. Omg if you have had those sensitive pimples that hurt to touch you can only imagine what it felt like squeezing them. It hurt so bad I could not wait till it was over. She then noticed I had some pimples that did not have a head yet but, were hardened. So she injected me with some kind of steroid(no its not the kind that athletes use to get muscle) I forget the name. I'd rather be injected with the needle than the other thing. So it has been two days, and the pimples are a dark purple. It seemed to have cleared up some of my face some of the pimples actually went down without the bruising. So overall I think it was okay, the only thing I hate is her pushing on the pimples squeezing out the puss that is the only part that hurted. Laying there waiting for it to be over.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Well for anyone who has never had one. Well I just had my appointment friday and what she did was put glycolic acid on my face it tingled, and burned a bit. It was on for about a minute and a half then she took it off. After that she had this tool, it had a hole in the center and was small enough to put a pimple in the hole. So she used that tool to squeeze all my pimples that were full of puss and the hole in the middle pushes all the puss out. Omg if you have had those sensitive pimples that hurt to touch you can only imagine what it felt like squeezing them. It hurt so bad I could not wait till it was over. She then noticed I had some pimples that did not have a head yet but, were hardened. So she injected me with some kind of steroid(no its not the kind that athletes use to get muscle) I forget the name. I'd rather be injected with the needle than the other thing. So it has been two days, and the pimples are a dark purple. It seemed to have cleared up some of my face some of the pimples actually went down without the bruising. So overall I think it was okay, the only thing I hate is her pushing on the pimples squeezing out the puss that is the only part that hurted. Laying there waiting for it to be over.
Oh poor you. Thanks for sharing ur experience. I have never had an acne facial before.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yeah, those extractors are brutal specially around the temple and the nose area. They've brought tears outta my eyes once or twice before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts