Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot about these products but most of it seems one reviewer and in turn it makes me suspicious that the product is merely being "promoted" via a false testimonial. Anyone have any experience with this product?

Skincare Overview

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just read through and it sounds nice but it seems everyone stopped reviewing it and never continued. I think I am going to give it a go now though!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have read a lot about these products but most of it seems one reviewer and in turn it makes me suspicious that the product is merely being "promoted" via a false testimonial. Anyone have any experience with this product?

Skincare Overview
Here are the ingredients for the night cream.

When I used it as soon as I applied it (barely touched my skin with the cream) it is drawn into my skin like a magnet. Also in the morning my skin felt heavy but very moisturized.
A DIY poster might be knowledgeable enough about the ingredients to know what each ingredient does and how they work together?

Xtendlife Restorative Night Cream Ingredients (as they are listed on the label)
Aqua (purfied water),
Stearic Acid,
Gerceryl Stearate /peg 100 stearate,
Persea Gratissima oil,
Cetyl Acctate/Ateryal Acetate/Oleyl Acetate/Acetylated
Lanolin/Alcohol,
Keratin/Hydrolysed Keratin,
Cetearly Ethythexanoate/Isoproply Myristate,
Glycerin,
Glyceryl Stearate,
Glycerin/Aqua/Undaria Pinnatifida Extract,
Butyrospermum Parkin,
Alpha-Tocopherol,
Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil,
Honey Extract,
Phenoxyethnol/Ethylhexylglycerin,
Lecithin/Tocopheryl Acetate/Ubiquinone/Alcohol/Aqua,
Orbignya Oleifera

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Hmmm there isn't really anything in that for any type of anti aging benefits. Is that ingredient list for the cream?

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
It's the ingredients listed on the tube, night cream.
Hey as long as you like it and it is working for you is all the matters.
It just doesn't get very good reviews. But that doesn't always mean anything either. I have tried many things that didn't have good reviews and the turn out working great for me.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lordm!!! I have seen your review here and on another site. That is THE only review I have found that is completely independent. I am very close to buying these because I only ever have had good experiences with all products I buy from New Zealand which sounds naive but from all the Kiwis (New Zealanders) I know I must say they are generally honest and their exports are good and they usually represent their products honestly. This all said everyone in this industry makes these "claims" of how their products do what no other product can and it does make me a bit weary.

The thing you say though that makes it closer to a reality for me to try is that you were almost ultra moisturised. I currently am still trying to reverse the copper peptide damage and I can say the outermost layer of my skin looks dry and brittle and fragile for lack of a better way of describing it. My skin seems to have rebounded on lower levels but it still has left a very dry "soft shell" on the very outside. It was a few layers now it seems to be just a very fine outer layer. I am hoping if I can get that kind of moisture in there it will finally be rehabilitated as it is very depressing. So it seems I am going to give it a go and I may also give their tablets a go after trying the skin care products if I am satisfied.

PERI--a girl reserves the right to change her mind!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Lordm!!! I have seen your review here and on another site. That is THE only review I have found that is completely independent. I am very close to buying these because I only ever have had good experiences with all products I buy from New Zealand which sounds naive but from all the Kiwis (New Zealanders) I know I must say they are generally honest and their exports are good and they usually represent their products honestly. This all said everyone in this industry makes these "claims" of how their products do what no other product can and it does make me a bit weary.

The thing you say though that makes it closer to a reality for me to try is that you were almost ultra moisturised. I currently am still trying to reverse the copper peptide damage and I can say the outermost layer of my skin looks dry and brittle and fragile for lack of a better way of describing it. My skin seems to have rebounded on lower levels but it still has left a very dry "soft shell" on the very outside. It was a few layers now it seems to be just a very fine outer layer. I am hoping if I can get that kind of moisture in there it will finally be rehabilitated as it is very depressing. So it seems I am going to give it a go and I may also give their tablets a go after trying the skin care products if I am satisfied.

PERI--a girl reserves the right to change her mind!
Very true.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW all--I have ordered the products. They are not so cheap considering that the body lotion is only 5 oz and a normal Nivea is 13 or so. Over 50 dollars each but I am hoping they will prove to be unique.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Some of the ingredients make the lotion work DEEP into the skin. That is probably where the "feel like a face mask" feeling is from and the "sinking into my sink as soon as I apply the lotion" comes from.

X-TENDLIFE NIGHT CREAM

Aqua (purfied water),

Stearic Acid,
Stearic Acid (also known as palmitic acid) is an organic nutrient that is used as an emollient, to soothe and soften the skin. It is a major component of the oil from palm trees (palm oil and palm kernel oil). It is an antioxidant and Vitamin A compound. It works harmoniously with other ingredients to ensure that the skin is nourished from deep within.
\tStearic Acid - is produced from vegetable fats/oils, notably palm oil. It is used to help bind and thicken lotions and creams, it is also useful in making harder soap bars and candles. Usage at 5% is enough for most applications

Gerceryl Stearate /peg 100 stearate,
Glyceryl stearate
Glyceryl Stearate is of vegetable origin. Vegetable oil and glycerin mixed with stearic acid (a natural essential fatty acid, similar to omega 3 oils, also from a vegetable source). This particular one comes from palm kernel source. PEG-100 Stearate is derived from palm oil or coconut oil.
Derived from vegetable fatty acids; soothes and softens, emulsifier.
PEG-100 Stearate: Derived from stearic acid; it is an emulsifier for creams and lotions

Persea Gratissima oil,
Avocado Oil is deeply hydrating and highly compatible your skinâ€2122s own oils. It is also a powerful anti-oxidant and is brimming with high levels of chlorophyll, vitamin E and omegas 3 and 9 to improve the health and vitality of your skin. Avocado oil is also scientifically-proven to stimulate collagen production and increase the proportion of soluble collagen in the dermis of your skin.

Cetyl Acctate/Ateryal Acetate/Oleyl Acetate/Acetylated Lanolin/Alcohol,
Crodalan LA is a lipophilic emollient. Cetyl Acetate is a mixture of cetyl alcohol (coconut oil), and acetic acid (apples, grapes, oranges, peaches, pineapples, strawberries, and plants). Stearyl Acetate is a natural EFA from vegetable source. Oleyl Acetate comes from fish oil. Acetylated Lanolin is lanolin-derived, from sheepâ€2122s wool. It is completely non-allergenic and doesn't clog pores.

Keratin/Hydrolysed Keratin,
Cynergy TK is a combination of natural bioactive keratin and a nutritional hydrolysed keratin (a unique filament protein important in skin, hair and nail health), produced from natural New Zealand keratin fibre (sourced from sheep's wool). Cynergy is special n that it remains bioactive (most keratin ingredients lose bioactivity during processing), ensuring it remains in its naturally stable form.

Hydrolyzed Keratin, is the partial hydrolysate of the keratin from enzymatically degraded shear wool and is a brownish-yellow solution with a slight inherent odor. Due to its composition, one can describe hydrolyzed keratin as a hair-identical protein hydrolysate. Compared to other proteins, the keratin has a high proportion of cystine. Hydrolyzed keratin does not only show an affinity to hair; on skin it acts as a protective and care substance. Hydrolyzed keratin has the best alcohol solubility out of all protein hydrolysates; it is therefore also suitable for aqueous/alcoholic formulations

Cetearly Ethythexanoate/Isoproply Myristate,
Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate is the ester of cetearyl alcohol (from the reduction of plant oils and natural waxes). Isopropyl Myristate is derived from vegetable and coconut oil. It is an ester of isopropyl alcohol (a natural ethyl alcohol fermented from plant sugars), and myristic acid (from nutmeg (Myristica fragrans), which is 75% trimyristin, a natural triglyceride, and from palm oil sources.
Waxes [natural/floral] Thickeners > Cetyl [cetearyl] Alcohol NF / 4 oz View Cart (0) | Checkout Price: $3.50 Availability: in stock Used as an emollient, emulsifier, thickener

Isopropyl myristate is the ester of isopropyl alcohol/myristic acid. 
It is used in skin care products, and it permeates the skin quickly 
and easily. It is colorless and almost odorless. Not soluble in 
water or propylene glycol. This is a liquid wax that
improves the feel of lotions and creams.

Glycerin,
Glycerin is a non-toxic and non-irritating plant-based humectant. It comes from natural plant oil and is not petroleum-based. Glycerin shores up the skinâ€2122s natural protection by filling in the area known as the intercellular matrix and by attracting the right amount of water to maintain the skinâ€2122s homeostasis.

Glyceryl Stearate,
Glyceryl Stearate is a plant oil and glycerin mix, with stearic acid (a natural essential fatty acid, similar to omega 3 oils, from a vegetable source). This particular one comes from palm kernel source.

Glycerin/Aqua/Undaria Pinnatifida Extract,
See glycerin (above). See Aqua*. Phytessence Wakame is an extract from a Japanese sea kelp and belongs to the Phaeophyceae Laminariales plant family. This brown algae is native to the sea of Japan. It contains polysaccharides, proteins, oligoelements, and vitamins. It has immune-stimulating, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties.

Butyrospermum Parkin,
Butyrospermum parkii, Shea or Shea nut is a tree indigenous to Africa. The shea fruit consists of a thin, tart, nutritious pulp that surrounds a relatively large, oil-rich seed from which is extracted shea butter.* The outer pulp is removed, the shea nut shelled, and the seed is then pressed to extract the oils to form shea butter.

Alpha-Tocopherol,
Alpha-tocopherol is the most active component of vitamin E. It is an organic powerful antioxidant. It is fat soluble and as well as an antioxidant it is also used in the metabolism of cells, promoting cell renewal. It also helps to prevent the breakdown of tissues and cells, and helps to protect and preserve Vitamin-A, which is essential in maintenance of epithelial tissues.

Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil,
Grape seed oil is pressed from the seeds of various varieties of Vitis vinifera grapes. It is astringent, to help tighten and tone the skin, and useful for acne and other skin complaints. It is rich in linoleic acid and natural vitamin E, an essential fatty acid important for the skin and the cell membranes. It also has regenerative and restructuring virtues and has great skin moisturizing properties.

Honey Extract,
Manuka honey comes from nectar gathered from the Manuka bush, indigenous only to NZ. It is thoroughly cleaned and processed through decontamination to ensure purity and quality. This pure Manuka honey has an antimicrobial / antibacterial property called Unique Manuka Factor (UMF). Honey that is verified to have a level of 10 UMF or more is given a rating and is referred to as 'Active'.

Phenoxyethnol/Ethylhexylglycerin,
Euxyl PE 9010 is gentle enough to use on sensitive mucus membranes while still effectively preserving the nutritional elements of the product. It is a natural alternative to parabens. It is broad-spectrum and organic. Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexyglycerin have natural abilities to kill bacteria, therefore used together as a preservative. They are non-irritant and non-allergenic.

Lecithin/Tocopheryl Acetate/Ubiquinone/Alcohol/Aqua,
CoQ10 is a natural nutrient and powerful antioxidant. Nano-Lipobelle H-EQ10 is special because it has a 'nano-emulsion' delivery form that penetrates far down into the skin, through seven dermal layers. Lecithin is a phosphoglycerides from plant source. Tocopheryl Acetate is the most stable form of Vitamin E. Ubiquinone is a potent coq10 antioxidant. (see alcohol*). (see aqua*).

Orbignya Oleifera
Babassu oil (solid) is expeller pressed from the kernels of the babassu palm tree. The tree is native to Brazil and serves as an important economic resource for Brazil. When the nuts ripen and fall to the ground, the kernels are gathered and cracked open by "babassu breakers" - women who crack open the nuts. The meat is then removed and pressed. Babassu oil is similar to coconut oil in properties and is used in many of the same industries. Babassu butter is high in lauric acid and melts at around 76 degrees F or upon contact with the skin. In skin care, babassu butter is used for its soothing, protective and emollient properties. Babassu butter penetrates quickly and does not leave a greasy after feel. It works well in body butters, massage butters, hair products, creams, lotions and lip balms.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow Lordm! Thanks. I must say I am really excited after reading what great ingredients. They do seem really good and I have to also say that the customer service is superb and I get the feeling, no matter how big they are, they are into the science of it and also have a "mom and pop" store feel. It kind of reminds me of ordering something from Nancy at NCN who always throws in a nice personal note.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Lexi.....what is NCN? Thank you
Not Lexi-

NCN=http://www.ncnproskincare.com/

A great place to do some skincare shopping-
love love love Nancy. She is the best!! You may email her with any questions and she will give you her honest opinion. I love doing buisness with her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts