·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Successfully?

·
Registered
265 Posts
yeah with hydro/ ra. and I'm gonna boost it up with a tca body peel this fall. I think natural ingredients work well on the body also. I also lightened my body up using fair and white soap along with body scubbing gloves. My body always takes the longest but if I'm consistent, it'll lighten just like the rest of the body.

I have to say, I feel the only way to really lighten the body, no matter what cream, ingredients, or products you use, is to really do 6 weeks of intensive ra to get all those gluey layers from years of living off your body before you can see lightening

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to get my body extremely light with Makari.

I am going to go to Bath and Body Works and pick up some of those gloves. I have been mentioning getting them. They're $3 on their site. I hope their $3 in the store. I will call and ask first.

TCA peel for the body? From where and what strength? Is there tons of burning and peeling?

I, just, noticed my mixture is working on my body. Guess I made this post a little too soon! Woowoo!

·
Registered
265 Posts
godess after you stopped using your makari, how was your skin? were the results more dramatic than hydro?

I have a 15% stregnth tca peel. I'm gonna do it full body. I dont think you can buy a body tca peel per se.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fast and drastic! The full body break outs are NOT worth it. HQ results are lasting.

I thought my Bio Claire soap was peeling my body. I think it was the Carotein Nourishing and Fairness Cream that peeled my body and made me 1 shade lighter in just over a week. I'm going to use just Bio Claire soap and Carotien to see if I peel, again.

I noticed a part of my arm and parts of my hand are peeling today. That's the cream I mixed with my HQ mixture(that mixture was used for 2 days, was extra strong, turned brown, and was thrown out), so I'll try that. My HQ is only DPG/HQ, now, no cream.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That 'so-called' NATURAL Makari is up to something. Nobody should lighten that fast. When I turned white, my face looked aged. When I was super yellow, I was still my young, precious self.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i think i might try that carotien creme too if its in my local bss next time I stop in.

No hq huh? Do you know what the active ingredients are?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha! I was just about to copy and paste this here!

Carotein Norishing & Fairness Cream.

It has Glycolic Acid, Malic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Absorbic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, and Citric Acid, as well as other ingredients.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. This Carotein is peeling me in big flakes in some spots. I had a giant flake peel of my elbow! I gotta pay more attention to areas which are peeling.

Last time I used this stuff, I was in MAC Cosmetics and I noticed the skin all over my arms in those bright lights after I came in prancing around the store!!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

With whatever you're using, be sure to watch for flakiness and moisturize before you step out.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No. I did think about it, but I refuse to spend all that money for shipping and/or otherwise for something less than 1oz when I can get Carotein for like $8-$9 for 8.5oz locally. Not to mention, waiting for it to be shipped. This stuff is peeling me like crazy. I use it from my neck down. I took a long bath today then a shower, but I still have to peel more. Plus, I don't feel like risking the irritation(possible irritation) of RA.

Lol! I over type sometimes. Long story short. No. I'm much satisfied with the Carotein. If I can get something effective locally, I'd rather do that than the net. No worrying about emailing companies/y, late shipments, anxiousness, etc.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forgot to mention, when I was thinking about using RA, the sources on here seemed to be the best prices around.

·
Registered
265 Posts
yes they are the best sources. I think I will use the carotein when I take a break from the RA. I usually use studio gear aha/bha pads which are awesome but so freakin $$$

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yi GoddesOfEarth,

Which makari product have you used on your body?

Thanks.
That company has broken so many people out like mad.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes they are the best sources. I think I will use the carotein when I take a break from the RA. I usually use studio gear aha/bha pads which are awesome but so freakin $$$
I'm making serums that cost me $15(fair and white) for around $1 or less.

Maybe you can find a way to make you some pads! Are you speaking of those little things for $32.50?
They don't, even, say how many come in there! Oh no! NEXTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You can simply buy some glycolic acid or AHA in the concentration you require & go to the dollar store for some pads. I do not want to use another acidic product since I've tried the TCA peels & I use REtin A. I don't want to push my luck. My body is lightening nicely with the RA/HQ either alternating or in combo form. Having patience id the more challenging part since measurable & truly visible results take time.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm making serums that cost me $15(fair and white) for around $1 or less.

Maybe you can find a way to make you some pads! Are you speaking of those little things for $32.50?
They don't, even, say how many come in there! Oh no! NEXTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
yes those are the ones. I used to work for them so I'd get them for free, then when I quit I bought them once b/c I mean they really transformed my skin and never bought them again but I plan to. i used to be in the beauty industry until last year. I was a make up artist and worked for a few skincare companies and became a product snob. I dont like a product just b/c it costs alot but I have used the ones that are $$ and the alternatives and I can tell a big difference. For me there is nothing that compares to shiseido or clarins

As far as lightening products though, I have found the opposite to be true. Although there are a few that are expensive and contain an amazing amount of truley unique actives that I have used that have worked. None of them are internet based companies, they are companies that u can find in your local mall or sephora with only one exception which is fair and flawless. I like their products, but I used it a long time ago.

I am learning from you all and the skin actives forums to compound my own formulas, and I'm using my favorite expensive creams as guides as to what I want to put in them. Body lightening for me only happened with hq and ra to boost but I'm going to kick it into high gear with some other lightening actives too!

Ondine, where can I purchase this aha or bha? I like whatever studio gear uses but Im willing to buy something cheaper and see if it works as well but dont know where.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can simply buy some glycolic acid or AHA in the concentration you require & go to the dollar store for some pads. I do not want to use another acidic product since I've tried the TCA peels & I use REtin A. I don't want to push my luck. My body is lightening nicely with the RA/HQ either alternating or in combo form. Having patience id the more challenging part since measurable & truly visible results take time.
where can i find HQ?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts