Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have seen the dead sea magik brand a few times while visiting my local drug store. I have not heard much about this skincare line and I checked makeupalley for reviews but unfortunately couldn't find anything on this brand. If any of you have used any products from this line, I would love to know. I am particularly interested as the ingredients look good and it is not too expensive

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Pumi
my daughter was just telling me about some product from the Dead Sea last night. Wondering whether it is the same. She had a rep approach her in a shopping centre and she liked his looks
so got talked into being shown a few products. She was amazed at the instant results! Quite expensive over here, well, it's relative, she's a student with no money and I am not a great user of cosmetics!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Pumi,

I have used Premier by Dead Sea, especially the anti-age products, their biox range and eye serum works wonderful
, but very expensive when you buy from the shop or rep. I googled and came across the following web - magicspa, if you sign-up on this web site i.e., create an account, some of the products are much cheaper. I had a lengthy discussion with the sightâ€2122s owner – Larry, and he went into lots of trouble to find out from the Premier rep in Israel what products I should use, since the Biox range is a booster and not for every day use, year in and year out. Currently I am on the Ageless range. Their eye serum immediately sooths any puffiness under the eyes and I love it. I found Magicspaâ€2122s prices much affordable for instance when I bought the biox serum in SA I paid +$160 and at Magicspa +$60 - $100 cheaper. I will have a look in my drawers if I can find the ingredients and then I will post it

At this stage I cannot decide if I must try the Xtend Life products I came across in SCT posts. Previously I used Environ – it was good in my young days, then I used Guinot – that was also a good product but didnâ€2122t do Premier did for my wrinkles, before Premier I tried a local SA product Jean Guthrie - big mistake

There is another web site einbokek.com that is also very reasonable with their prices but they charge for shipping and delivering.

Hope this helps I know it is not the product that you mentioned
, but I thought I would let you know about this Dead Sea products I am using.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Pumi
my daughter was just telling me about some product from the Dead Sea last night. Wondering whether it is the same. She had a rep approach her in a shopping centre and she liked his looks
so got talked into being shown a few products. She was amazed at the instant results! Quite expensive over here, well, it's relative, she's a student with no money and I am not a great user of cosmetics!
Hi Diana,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I believe it is the same brand I was referring to.

By any chance, do you know which products your daughter have tried? I was particularly interested in the face mask and moisturisers.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Pumi,

I have used Premier by Dead Sea, especially the anti-age products, their biox range and eye serum works wonderful
, but very expensive when you buy from the shop or rep. I googled and came across the following web - magicspa, if you sign-up on this web site i.e., create an account, some of the products are much cheaper. I had a lengthy discussion with the sight’s owner – Larry, and he went into lots of trouble to find out from the Premier rep in Israel what products I should use, since the Biox range is a booster and not for every day use, year in and year out. Currently I am on the Ageless range. Their eye serum immediately sooths any puffiness under the eyes and I love it. I found Magicspa’s prices much affordable for instance when I bought the biox serum in SA I paid +$160 and at Magicspa +$60 - $100 cheaper. I will have a look in my drawers if I can find the ingredients and then I will post it

At this stage I cannot decide if I must try the Xtend Life products I came across in SCT posts. Previously I used Environ – it was good in my young days, then I used Guinot – that was also a good product but didn’t do Premier did for my wrinkles, before Premier I tried a local SA product Jean Guthrie - big mistake

There is another web site einbokek.com that is also very reasonable with their prices but they charge for shipping and delivering.

Hope this helps I know it is not the product that you mentioned
, but I thought I would let you know about this Dead Sea products I am using.

Cheers
Thanks for your helpful reply Granny.
I am not too sure if it was the dead sea premier line that I saw but this certainly sound very interesting. I will check the weblinks you provided. Thanks a lot for your recommendations.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I heard Dead Sea products because it is rich in minerals;it is suppose to get rid of toxins and revitalize the skin. But I bought a Dead Sea Mud that was 100% organic and it didn't do anything for my skin, except make it feel clean. Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi! Premier Dead Sea gets alot of good comments...I used to work in a mall...tried their salt scrub...it really works great to exfoliate your skin (on arms and legs) wouldn't try it on face cause it's too harsh. Tried the night cream didn't do much for me. Haven't tried the biox or whatever it's called or the wrinkle reducer either.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
My son got this line of products over a year and a half ago. I have the sea salt/mud mask still. It irritates my face a bit, but I love the results the day after I use it. The stuff is rather pricey, and my son liked it, but didn't buy any more.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I got one from the mall some months ago, didn't do anything at all for me, made my skin dry and irritated, overrated and waste of money IMO

·
Registered
419 Posts
Dead Sea Spa Magik Mud Mask 75ml by Dead Sea Spa Magik from GoodnessDirect

Not sure if this is the same product I purchased from a vendor in the local mall a year or so ago... the one I tried didn't do anything for me except further dry out my skin. And the sales people were really pushy. I can see why now...the products obviously don't sell themselves. Pumi not sure if it's the same product you're referring to. The majik mud seems like it would work better for oily/combination skin.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dead Sea Spa Magik Mud Mask 75ml by Dead Sea Spa Magik from GoodnessDirect

Not sure if this is the same product I purchased from a vendor in the local mall a year or so ago... the one I tried didn't do anything for me except further dry out my skin. And the sales people were really pushy. I can see why now...the products obviously don't sell themselves. Pumi not sure if it's the same product you're referring to. The majik mud seems like it would work better for oily/combination skin.
Thanks for your helpful reply, Toni. This is just the brand of products I was referring to. People here seem to have a mixed opinion about this brand but I will definitely give it a try now coz I have oily skin.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Pumi,

Me again at last. I did manage to lay my hands on some of Premiers ingredients:

Eye Serum:
“Cyclopentasiloxane (and) vinyldimethicone crosspolymer, soybean (glycine soja) oil, musk (rosa moschata) rose oil, retinol (vit A), Dead Sea mineral salt (mar sal), methtlparaben, propylparaben, ascorbic acid (vit C0, tocopherol (vit E), Lactic acid, Dipalmitoylhydroxyproline, mimose tenuifloa bark extract (and) quillaja).

Hope it make sense to you. I will still try to get hold of the biox ingredients.

I can just say that I wasnâ€2122t impressed with Premierâ€2122s masks but the body salt scrub and I loved.

I agree with Toni their sales people are really pushy and very expensive.

Until later, keep well all of you

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Pumi,

Me again at last. I did manage to lay my hands on some of Premiers ingredients:

Eye Serum:
“Cyclopentasiloxane (and) vinyldimethicone crosspolymer, soybean (glycine soja) oil, musk (rosa moschata) rose oil, retinol (vit A), Dead Sea mineral salt (mar sal), methtlparaben, propylparaben, ascorbic acid (vit C0, tocopherol (vit E), Lactic acid, Dipalmitoylhydroxyproline, mimose tenuifloa bark extract (and) quillaja).

Hope it make sense to you. I will still try to get hold of the biox ingredients.

I can just say that I wasn’t impressed with Premier’s masks but the body salt scrub and I loved.

I agree with Toni their sales people are really pushy and very expensive.

Until later, keep well all of you
Thanks for getting back to me, Granny2.
I really appreciate it. The ingredients in the eye serum looks good except for the paraben. I will have a look at the body scrub. In fact, I am looking for a good body scrub to buy. Thanks for your help.

Take care you too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I looked through my jars of potions and lotions the other night and found a Premiere cream in a pretty turquoise colored jar. Couldn't see a label on it, but I smeared it all over my face, arms, decollette (how do you spell that --lol). A little while later, I noticed that my skin felt wonderful...I looked more closely at the jar...it turns out that it was the EYE cream....ha ha ha...anyway, I think I'll get x-tend life to use as a moisturizer...isn't worldwide commerce great? From Israel to New Zealand at the click of a mouse!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The San Francisco Bath Salt Company was founded on the principals of quality, value and customer service.

In addition to our own diverse line of bath products, we also manufacture for many other companies in the beauty industry as well as supplying bulk raw materials. We carry the largest variety of bath and spa salts in the world and have created hundreds of unique custom formulas over the years. Our customer base ranges from large hotel chains, top brand name retailers, professional day spas, and small business enterprises.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My son got this line of products over a year and a half ago. I have the sea salt/mud mask still. It irritates my face a bit, but I love the results the day after I use it. The stuff is rather pricey, and my son liked it, but didn't buy any more.
Hi Sandia, please tell me if that mud mask caused any harm to your facial skin of any kind? I want to buy it but i do not want to take any chances

1 - 20 of 20 Posts