Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came back from a trip to Hawaii this summer a total mess after having previously attempting, with some success, to bleach my melasma off. I felt like I looked like a freak. Well, 4 glycolic acid peels (40%) and the use of a product with 20% vitamin C on a daily basis and I am brown-spot free! No joke. However, I know that, since I have this condition, like diabetes (which I also have), it is to be controlled, not cured. I will continue to do the peels now at a rate of one per month versus once every two weeks for the initial four. I never thought that my skin could look like this. I can even get away with just using a tinted moisturizer instead of a ton of heavy-coverage make-up. I did not do the peels at home, I did have them done at a plastic surgeon's office. I also think that I am going to try a 50% peel the next time. So, I wanted to provide folks with my two cents on dealing with this difficult condition. I struggle with the melasma on my cheeks, but it extends all the way from the upper jaw to my temple on both sides.

·
Registered
3 Posts
photofacials are the only treatments that help my melasma, followed by 4% hydraquinone and tretinoin mix topical. works great, though, it always comes back, so i have to have a few tx's every year.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'm glad to read this! Please remember your sunscreen!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had success with my melasma removal as well. Did my own peels, my first glyco peel grabbed it and when I peeled, half of it was gone. It took a TCA peel to get the other half off. I am very attentive to getting sunscreen on it cause I know it come back. Are there other things I should put on my face that cqn decrease melanin? I called this spot "my premarin patch" spot because it appeared then and grew until I stopped the patch. It was 10 years old when I got rid of it

·
Registered
154 Posts
that's great news! I'm about to start my chemical peels. I purchased 40% LA peel, I noticed though that some of you had success with glycolic............
Now I'm confused, should I do glycolic instead?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where do you purchase glycolic peel and how do you administer this product at home? What is the strength necessary to work for Melasma?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i m a asian lady 25 yrs old. i've got melasma , discoloration and pigmentation on ma face, i ordered rareextract body bleach i just received it today and started to using it but i don know wether it works well or not. m hoping to get good suggestion from u guyz thank u

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where do you purchase glycolic peel and how do you administer this product at home? What is the strength necessary to work for Melasma?
I Purchased my glycolic acid, lactic acid and Tca from amazon. As for the strength...you have to experiment. Some peeps have bought the stronger and cut it with distilled water. Amazon even sells a glyco/lac combo. Apply with a fan brush from amazon. Put Vaseline on lips and around eyes before applying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts