Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have my products, and I'm anxious to get started, but I also have this little nagging feeling of apprehension as well. For those of you who are already using these products, did you experience this the first time you started with HQ & Ret-A?

I will be reading over Ondines routine again, and I hope I have a good understanding of what I'm doing! Wish me Luck!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I am not a HQ user but am a RA user.

I always get a little nervous when I get new products. They usually sit on the shelf screaming USE ME!!

Ondine is the one who can help you. I have no doubt she will guide you in the right direction with these 2 products.

Good luck with them-

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to the both of you for your replies, and yes gym rat Ondine is a big help to this board. I did go ahead and start with the HQ, so hopefully my skin an overall health will be okay with doing this.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used both products. Retin A was painful at first, really i thought it was poison or something. HQ is okay, didn't use it for too long. My skin didn't react badly to it what so ever.
good luck.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks to the both of you for your replies, and yes gym rat Ondine is a big help to this board. I did go ahead and start with the HQ, so hopefully my skin an overall health will be okay with doing this.
I'd think if you don't start with the RA first or good exfoliation, you'd only be wasting the HQ or not getting the maximum benefits/results. I haven't tried RA, but I do exfoliate and use my facial scrub.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Goddess, yes this does make sense. I read the other post and it seemed she started with HQ and then it was HQ& RA I believe. But yes, I will be using the RA as well going forward. As for your facial scrub, what are using at the moment?

·
Registered
670 Posts
St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I use it no more than once a week, if that. Massaged gently onto my face and it makes it sooo smooth! That has to be a big reason why my face is still lighter than it was after all these years. I'm going to look for some good exfoliating gloves for my body. I think HQ is semi-permanent with continuous exfoliation. Meaning, I may need lightening serums/creams once or twice a week after I get to my desired tone.

I have used the St.Ives twice a week(once in a while). The way you know you need it, is if your face doesn't feel smooth when you're washing it with your soap. Too much exfoliation and/or rubbing your face too hard can cause hyperpigmentation. Well, on my face, atleast. I loofah my body everyday with each shower.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Okay, Goddess: ou've talked me into it! I just put the St. Ives on my grocery list for tomorrow. Can't wait to try it.

As for the HQ, the only thing it does to me is lighten my skin. I get zero zip nada side effects from it. RA causes exfoliation. It can cause dryness (that's what olive oil is for) & some flakiness. This is part of what it is supposed to do. It'll also make your lightening cream absorb more readily, smooth away fine lines & tighten your skin.

As with anything you can point to, someone out there is sensitive to it. Nothing is for everyone! THe RA at 0.1% is the highest strength. You know your skin: does it tend to be irritated by everything you can point to? If so, begin with the lowest strength 0.025% every other night. Please let everyone know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Apricot scrub is a staple for me. You can also make an awesome scrub with apricot or almonds yourself. Just google the recipe and you can make a big batch for you body.

Also invest in body gloves for the shower. My skin is like silk thanks to them and any exfoliation of course helps lighten. I agree with iodine and goddess, exfoliation is a good maintanence strategy with hq.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies, and I just ordered what I think will be a good exfoliating cleanser. The product is by Murad and it contains AHA/BHA acids. I do have a scrub but it is Burt Bees deep pore peach & willow bark scrub, an I am less than impressed with it. Think I might try the St. Ives scrub soon.

As for the Retin A, I will be using it tonight, and I have the 0.05%. Hopefully, my skin doesn't react weird to it. I'm still excited, and will still continue on until I've reached my skin goal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts