Skin Care Talk banner

Have you found a good mineral sun block in Europe?

6K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  lillyjill 
#1 ·
I live in Spain and after some online search I've only found Avene mineral fluid 50+ spf sunblock. Wich is good, has zinc oxide as its main ingredient (though nano) but it's just available in a 40ml bottle, awesome to carry inside a handbag but...

I can't buy the burnout one so I wondered if someone knows of a good sunblock that is available in Europe.

#2 ·
Do you want only zinc oxide or something with Tinosorbs that are both mineral (like zinc oxide) and chemical? You?d have a lot to choose from by way of sunblocks with Tinosorbs. I think EU sorta feels those are superior (which they are) so uses those more than just Zinc. They also leave much less, if any, white cast. I think that?s mostly what?s available in Europe so it?s harder to find zinc?

Is there a reason you prefer zinc oxide? I used to myself but having to add mineral tint to make it blend into my skin I did not like. It made it feel like I was wearing foundation and I don?t care for makeup.

La Roche Posay would have some good choices available. They also have a Mineral Fluid. Bioderma should have some as well. Uriage should be available there. Uncover, Biotherm, UnSun are also great brands to check their lines out.

Is your skin more on the dry side or oily side? If oily, Asian sunblocks might be the better choice for you. They tend to have alcohol so dry matte. Many of them have zinc oxide + other chemical sunblocks.

Thank you a lot. The reason why I want zinc oxide is because in the skin lightening forum I was told it's the best to prevent getting sun tanned. I want to get rid of the slight tan I got and go to a fair olive skin again.

I don't know anything about tinosorbs. If they're better than zinc oxide then I'm highly interested in them. Do they also prevent getting tanned?

Thank you a lot for answering my question and for giving me such good recommendations <3

#3 ·
Tinsorbs SS aren't available in the US, its not FDA approved, thats why you won't hear much about it. We can purchase them online but they are not readily available here. That's why you hear more about zinc. Plus zinc is superior for protection in warm/humid climates. Lasts much longer than most SS with Tinsorbs.

Being where you are, if you can find Bioderma Photoderm Max, that is one of my favorites!! But again, not one that is available here. La Roche Posay sunscreens you probably can find readily available as well, which is another good choice.

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection (contains zinc) is a great choice as well, and maybe one you can find locally.

Some Asian SS are good, only downfall is the high amount of alcohol used in them, which is very drying for the skin. And they are very thin applies like a primer and won't hold up well in heat/humidity.

We have several here in your location and I know most of those use Bioderma or La Roche Posay because they can find them locally. I know they also went to their local pharmacys because they would give them little testers to try which is always nice before having to purchase one!!

#5 ·
Oh I know where she is located,:eek: @GoldenGlow90s.......I was explaining why you hear more about zinc on our forum, because we don't have Tinosorb SS readily available in the US. There are loads of things the FDA won't approve in the US, they've said for years they were going to approve Tinosorb and its yet to happen. I've purchased Asian, and European SS online forever now, its come my way of life. Even if in a store locally, I probably wouldn't purchase it. Doing it online is so easy, even more so with Amazon and same day delivery.

And yep, I too purchase Tinosorb from Bulkactives, he's my right hand man when it comes to unique ingredients. He has Tinosorb S and M.

SS is such a personal preference, I've tried so many over the years I could open up my own SS shop. My problem is I need a good durable SS that doesn't sweat off, therefore, zinc is my go too. The others don't hold up for me, especially in the summer months. I can use others in the Spring/Fall/Winter but that's about it. More companies are offering samples, thats the way to go. Then you can try them without having to purchase the entire tube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.