Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to know if anyone has invested effort to try GloSuper Serum from Glo Therapeutics? I have not and want a miracle. Yes, I still want a miracle with little cost and no inconveniences.
But, if a member has any knowledge of this product, I love to hear your thoughts or actual experience. Thank you, Deja

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
OK, you got me interested there! Here's what Truthinaging says about it:

"First of all there is a 5% concentration of Argireline, the peptide that helps to control movement of the facial muscles. Next up are glycosaminoglycans, also at 5%. These are in the carbohydrate family and GloSuper uses a sulfated form called chondroitin, which is an essential component of cartilage. According to Glo, it inhibits matrix metalloproteinase and, in doing so, slows down aging. The antioxidant matrixyl 3000 is present in a 3% concentration.

Then there is a slew of anti-agers in a 1% dose: retinol (vitamin A); marine oligopeptides; something called epidermal growth factor (a protein that binds with a receptor on cell's surface); alpha lipoic acid; and superoxide dismutase (an important antioxidant that catalyzes oxygen into hydrogen peroxide). I was also pleased to see the inclusion of spin trap, a free radical fighter that is a particular favorite of mine, and L-carnosine, which is a really brilliant amino acid that extends the Hayflick Limit (the number of times cells can renew themselves).

We don't know whether the L-carnosine or spin trap are in concentrations sufficient to do much because Glo doesn't reveal them. My overriding question about this serum is whether any of those doses are really strong enough. It is instructive to compare to Faitox with its 25% Argireline, 15% Matrixyl 3000, 10% Snap-8 (like Argireline but better) or Your Best Face Correct with 10.5% Snap-8 and 5.6% Matrixyl 3000.

The proof will be in pudding. But it certainly seems worth finding out.

Ingredients in Glo Therapeutics GloSuper Serum

Acqua, witch hazel extract, glycerin, Argireline, glycosaminoglycans sodium chondroitin sulfate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, Matrixyl 3000, retinol, marine oligopeptides, epidermal growth factor, superoxide dismutase, alpha limpoic acid, amla fruit extract, L-carnosine, niacinamide, spin trap, xanthan gum, fragrance oils, gluconolactone, sodium benzoate."

But it costs $150USD ??????????? huh????????? You could go here and tinker around a bit and put all those ingredients together yourself for a lot cheaper!:

Product Catalog

In addition, I don't think it's a real good idea to put argireline, which mimics the effect of Botox in that it blocks the muscles from working, all over the face, do you??? Who wants a saggy frozen face?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fawnie!

The article on SuperGlo caught my attention because I was looking over some review and ratings articles. While reading the review on SuperGlo I did recognize ingredients mentioned in other articles (and here) as having actual benefits.

You provided a very informative review of SuperGlo. I am going to keep a copy for reference. Eventually we might find if the quantity of each ingredient is sufficient. Inevitably its the potency that keeps OTC products from making much difference.

The price does pose an obstacle for me...
I wish was a chemist! I would certainly mix up a batch. It might be a problem, however, not knowing the required percentage of two or more essential ingredients. And I absolutely agree, a poker face is not my idea of rejuvenation!

Your are amazing. Thank you again Fawnie, Deja

1 - 4 of 4 Posts