Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
For lunch I have a can of tuna mixed with tomato paste/sauce and add some Ms.Dash
and sea salt. This is a super cheap high protein meal with the added bonus of the UV protection and Lycopene of the sauce.
I put this on a whole grain piece of bread. You could throw in something else like an organic apple or blue chips with salsa. YUMMY...

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I love tuna with mustard! never tried with tomato paste peri- my fav for lunch when I am in a hurry is peanut butter and red raspberry jelly (with seeds) on wheat!! yummmmm

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I love tuna with mustard! never tried with tomato paste peri- my fav for lunch when I am in a hurry is peanut butter and red raspberry jelly (with seeds) on wheat!! yummmmm
Yes I too have been adding mustard to my tuna at times. Cheap and easy way to get some tumeric in my diet.

·
Registered
538 Posts
ya, a bit boring but I need to eat healthy, I use to eat the Spa lean cuisine, but I looked at the sodium, and it's much too high for me............

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sometimes I make (for my daughter) 5 slices of Hormel 98% Fat free honey ham (I cook it in a frying pan) then melt a piece of 2% cheese and put it on Arnold 100 calorie mini round bread or salad with cut up apples and fat free raspberry fat free dressing Or one wedge of
Laughing Cow cheese spread on Arnold round bread with some ham.

I buy powdered peanut butter (low fat and calories) it is made from pressed peanuts all natural 85% less fat than regular peanut butter, make that with some jelly. It is not bad at all and much healthier my kids really like it. You could also use it in recipes.

Chicken salad with Fat Free Miracle Whip on whole wheat bread with lettuce and tomato
Progresso low fat soup (bring in a thermos)

Even though they are not good for you, once in a while a Hebrew National 98% Fat Free hot dog on a lite bun (just warm in the microwave, or put warm hot dog in thermos and wrap bread in foil)

Turkey Bacon or Oscar Mayer Center Cut bacon with lettuce and tomato (center cut is only 2pts for 2 pieces on Weight Watchers) and lite or FF Mayo

Just some ideas!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great ideas! Keep more coming

BTW, I have to try a peanut and jelly sandwich once in my lifetime, no one really eats that here in Europe hehe

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't want to buy lunch, so does anyone have any good suggestions/recipes?

Ohh gosh....I did not realize you lived outside of the USA, so maybe you have no idea as to the suggestions I gave you LOL LOL... laughing cow cheese????
What are some of the foods you do like to eat???

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Great ideas! Keep more coming

BTW, I have to try a peanut and jelly sandwich once in my lifetime, no one really eats that here in Europe hehe
What is a typical lunch for you? Or what is your favorite for lunch? And no PB and J in Europe? Wow, you should try it sometime

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I agree - peanut butter and jelly is a great sandwich.
If you are packing it in a lunch, I find that using rye bread keeps better. White bread is the type traditionally used, but tends to get soggy by lunchtime (unless refrigerated) and possibly even smashed in transit.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I try to eat mostly raw food since heating oils releases chemicals that cause free-radical damage.

I am eating a salad made of chopped cabbage (green and red), carrots, onions, seaweed (dulce), chopped broccoli, nuts, seeds, red peppers, and a dressing of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother) and olive oil and raw honey. I try to get as many colors in there as possible. It's delish and a big bowl lasts a long time in the frig!

For a quick breakfast that I don't need to cook: Manna bread (which doesn't contain yeast and is baked at a low temp) with raw honey or raw nut butter. Plus lots of green tea.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I try to eat mostly raw food since heating oils releases chemicals that cause free-radical damage.

I am eating a salad made of chopped cabbage (green and red), carrots, onions, seaweed (dulce), chopped broccoli, nuts, seeds, red peppers, and a dressing of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother) and olive oil and raw honey. I try to get as many colors in there as possible. It's delish and a big bowl lasts a long time in the frig!

For a quick breakfast that I don't need to cook: Manna bread (which doesn't contain yeast and is baked at a low temp) with raw honey or raw nut butter. Plus lots of green tea.
It all does sound delicious - but what are you doing for protein?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Nuts and seeds and grains. Complementary proteins, as in "Diet for a Small Planet".

"Getting the Right Kind of Protein

Foods that contain all of the essential amino acids are called complete proteins. These foods include beef, chicken, fish, eggs, milk and just about anything else derived from animal sources. Incomplete proteins do not have all of the essential amino acids and generally include vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds and nuts. So, if you're a vegetarian, does this mean you can't get complete protein? Not at all. Below is a chart listing some incomplete proteins. To get all of the essential amino acids, simply choose foods from two or more of the columns.

Grains\tLegumes\tSeeds & Nuts\t Vegetables
Barley\tBeans\tSesame Seeds\t Leafy Greens
Corn Meal\tLentils\tSunflower Seeds\t Broccoli
Oats\tPeas\tWalnuts\t
Rice\tPeanuts\tCashews\t
Pasta\tSoy Products\tOther Nuts\t
Whole Grain Breads'"

(from exercise.about.com) the columns didn't stay in a nice order when cut and pasted, but you get the general idea.

The complementary proteins only need to be eaten within a few hours of each other, not necessarily at the same meal.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Nuts and seeds and grains. Complementary proteins, as in "Diet for a Small Planet".
That's a relief - since I am in the same boat! I also supplement my intake by using a Whey Protein drink on a daily basis; it gives me 17g of protein and only 90 calories - and tastes good! (I get the French Vanilla and add some cinnamon, which is also very good for you).

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes, thanks God for our protein shakes! I have a yellow pea protein one that I take a couple times a week. VEGA Chocolate. Cinnamon vanilla sounds yum too! Maybe chocolate cinnamon?

You aren't the only one who is shocked by my eating habits! My DH just shakes his head and goes on eating his charcoal grilled steak and potatoes...
I do eat fish occasionally...and sushi.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Meat is murder: Tasty, tasty murder.
Mmmm

Ok, before anyone gets enraged, that was meant as a joke in the spirit of accepting others' personal dietary choices. I don't want to start WWIII between the Veggies & Carnivores ...

I like 6 Star Body Fuel's whey protein mix and I am addicted to Hemp Hearts!. They are better than plain hemp seeds and are an awesome source of protein & omegas. They taste delicious & can be eaten alone or with cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, applesauce etc. The give you crazy energy too!

Anyone else eat them?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I like 6 Star Body Fuel's whey protein mix and I am addicted to Hemp Hearts!. They are better than plain hemp seeds and are an awesome source of protein & omegas. They taste delicious & can be eaten alone or with cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, applesauce etc. The give you crazy energy too!

Anyone else eat them?
Where do you find "Hemp Hearts"? I am also in Ontario.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Meat is murder: Tasty, tasty murder.
Mmmm

Ok, before anyone gets enraged, that was meant as a joke in the spirit of accepting others' personal dietary choices. I don't want to start WWIII between the Veggies & Carnivores ...

Anyone else eat them?
No but would love too, where do you get these Hemp Hearts? And what do they taste like?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts