Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested to find out if anyone uses natural products without all the chemicals. I am looking for a good moisturizer. I have been looking at Cynergy TK or more Organic types of Moisturizers with vitamin A & E, Olive Oil, Grape seed oil, and avocado oil can rejuvenate skin and reduce wrinkles. With anti-oxidants, Coenzyme Q10, natural Vitamin E, honey, rosehip oil.
I have hear about all the toxins in makeup products and want to find out if anyone has any experience with any products that are natural and really good.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
hi Magg and welcome, ,myself I use coconut oil, as a moisturizer as well as a conditioner for the ends of my hair. I love the stuff and it's so darn cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm in love! I found a line, formulated in Switzerland, that is all botanical, 16 years ago and it ROCKS!! They have 400+ products, many of them anti-aging, that really work! I used to have adult acne and now I have beautiful skin with no wrinkles! I use the whole line and love the results! In fact, I love it so much that I quit teaching school to tell other women about it. If you're interested I can tell you how to get it for a discount.

I'm new on this forum. Can I tell you what it is? Thanks! Merrie

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes!!! I'm the same way. One product I would like to share with you is shea moisture organic African black soap shea butter wash. I LOVE this product, and it's reasonably priced.

Go to their website to check out their other product and read reveiws and find out what's best for your skin type.
sheamoisture dot com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good afternoon folks. There are a limited number of above average products available that do an above average job at soothing, moisturizing and smoothing out areas of our skin as it ages, dries, wrinkles, etc. Taking care of our largest organ is not difficult but the practice does take time and really good products will not do it alone and are NOT necessarily cheap or inexpensive.

The old saying: "You get what you pay for" still does apply.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Good afternoon folks. There are a limited number of above average products available that do an above average job at soothing, moisturizing and smoothing out areas of our skin as it ages, dries, wrinkles, etc. Taking care of our largest organ is not difficult but the practice does take time and really good products will not do it alone and are NOT necessarily cheap or inexpensive.

Not always......try around $5.00 for a tube of Tretinoin. That's with shipping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
check this online store out, try the Shea Butter Body Bar. I got a product with the exact same mixture of ingredients here in my production lab but as u can see i'm located in Malaysia. So i hope the website can help u out: bestbathstore.com/natural-organic-handmade-soap/. Do add in the www, for this is my 2nd post only

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Megg,

I am relatively new to this forum myself and want to avoid blatant advertising of products. Although I must say, my clients have been happy to provide testimonials. Check it out for yourself and please give me your onion while the site is being updated and pricing is so low. I refer to: Natural Island skin care / testimonials

Kind regards,

David

·
Registered
550 Posts

Actually the saying "You get what you pay for" would be accurate if the price of the product reflected the ingredients and research in making the product instead of the consumer paying for the expensive advertising.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would say that each to their own on this one- what works for one persons skin, does not always work for someone else's skin. For example, cocoa cutter does nothing for me. Even if its in an expensive bottle or by a cheaper brand- guess you only find out via trial and error!

I use a mixture of Kiehl's, Nuxe and Neal's Yard. I vary from brand to brand depending on what I need to product for- eg Nuxe for facial creams are fantastic for me. I also love using Dermalogica- not so natural, but great for cleansing as it does not make my skin break into white flakey patches! I have tried other natural facial washes but they either don't clean properly (and I get spots- as I wear makeup which needs cleaning properly) or I get dry patches where they over clean. I now use Eurcerin which is not natural but a good facial wash.

For spot treatments, I rate Origins on-the-spot which is a mixture of organic products such as tea tree oil- it lasts for ages, a little goes a long way! I had mine a year and a half before I threw it away because I forgot to out the lid on and lost it under the bed- when I found it again it had dried up! Just remember to apply with either a finger or a cotton bud- not straight from the bottle! Or risk cross contamination! (same rule with any spot gel).

Lush is another fantastic brand- they have a whole huge range, they are based in the UK so not sure if you can get them where you are, but if you are in the UK, worth a look! A huge variety there!

Nuxe is great but not totally natural, just has no mineral oils in which is big plus for me as thats what causes me spots.

·
Registered
419 Posts
hi Magg and welcome, ,myself I use coconut oil, as a moisturizer as well as a conditioner for the ends of my hair. I love the stuff and it's so darn cheap.
This stuff is amazing. I use it as a conditioner. My hair has never looked or felt so good. Haven't tried it as a face moisturizer but have tried in on my body. Love love ♥ ♥ it! love this and jojoba & sweet almond oil!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts