Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am a 26 year old male with no specific skin issues, but I am interested in anti-aging.

I know very little about anti-aging skin care in general, so if anyone has some basics they could share with me I would appreciate it. I should probably use sunscreen? Maybe a moisturizer or something?

For me, it is less about the short term appearance than it is about the long term health.

Thanks for any responses.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Welcome-

There should be no question about if you should be using a sunscreen-you SHOULD be using a sunscreen. That is rule number one in regards to the anti aging process of the skin!! The sun causes more damage than you will ever know, so protect it!

You could easily start using a simple Vit C serum, and sunscreen during the day. If you felt the need for a cream at night you could use one. You can also get a base cream and add certain ingredients to it, to make it just for your needs/concerns.

At your age, it is the perfect time to start!! Better sooner than later-

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sunscreen agreed but I would add hat, sunglasses and covering clothing. Also, a non-soap gentle cleanser.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And a moisturizer that has antioxidants for sure .make sure it is time released one too so you can protect you skin for radicals

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok so I recommend to use Daily Moisturizer with SPF 20 from Ariona and their anti aging serum concentrate their scents are great for men and all their products have anti aging argan and camu camu in them. and follow up with Olay regenerist Night Cream. did me great results and left skin silky soft!.
arionaskincare dot c o m
olay dot c o m

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recommend you the argan oil. It s a revolutionary anti aging and 100% organic. I use the product called Ultimate Argan Gold by Sweet Marrakesh.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Using a moisturizer that doesn't clog your pores is essential if you're acne prone though. I tend to shy to the less mild ones, just in case. I haven't had any breakouts in quite a while now, but you can never be too careful!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I recommend you the argan oil. It s a revolutionary anti aging and 100% organic. I use the product called Ultimate Argan Gold by Sweet Marrakesh.
I've heard so many good things abt argan oil. Where can you buy it from? I'm frm UK.

Is argan oil suitable for oily skin too?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hello Perga and welcome to the site. You will find these people are quite knowleedgeable. I myself thnk that good skin care begins with cleansisng. I don't know how you are cleaning your face at this time but you want to look into a mild cleanser, one that won't strip the essential oils from you face. Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everybody! Thanks for the responses.

I like the idea of a natural body cleanser that moisturizes, and maybe even has anti-oxidants and sunscreen built in. Can anyone recommend specific brands/products that meet that criteria? edit: (I mean like, I use this in the shower to clean the body, and I get out moisturized/sunscreened/anti-oxidantized... somehow I doubt it is going to be this easy haha)

Also, I don't know if this is possible, but I have fare skin, and when I was younger I got sunburned a few times, so I have a few freckles on my shoulders I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Is there anything that can reduce the appearance of shoulder freckles from sunburns?

The face wash I am using right now is called "nanosoft" from Elsom Research. It is all natural ingredients plus liposomal (they call it "nanosomal," but that just means small liposomes) delivery vehicles. I really like it, but it's pricey.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Perga I think I know where you are coming from, I hate to tell ya I've never heard of a body wash, with moisturizers, anti-oxidants as well as sunscreen. I think that you would be washing that product off in the shower. What I use as a moisturizer is cheap old Coconut oil, for me it's perfect no smell, no greasy film but it moisturizers my skin well and it's all natural. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Perga

It is great that you are being proactive with your skin. I wish my husband had that kind of insight. He uses the ViDerm one step for men and moisturizer. Definitely see the difference on his face.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what I figured mony

I'm not out in the sun all that much these days anyways, though I just started going outside with out a shirt for 5 min after work for the vitamin D (I'm a vegetarian so I don't get it from fish). I suppose just a good natural moisturizing body wash + face cream with sunscreen is the way to go.

A quick google search provided me the following: Tom's of Maine Natural Moisturizing Body Wash, Unscented. What does everyone think of that? Any suggested alternatives?

I tried searching for all natural anti-aging face cream w/ sunblock, but there are apparently 13 million products, so someone is going to have to suggest something to me, or I may end up getting some elsom anti-aging face stuff.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
That's what I figured mony

I'm not out in the sun all that much these days anyways, though I just started going outside with out a shirt for 5 min after work for the vitamin D (I'm a vegetarian so I don't get it from fish). I suppose just a good natural moisturizing body wash + face cream with sunscreen is the way to go.

A quick google search provided me the following: Tom's of Maine Natural Moisturizing Body Wash, Unscented. What does everyone think of that? Any suggested alternatives?

I tried searching for all natural anti-aging face cream w/ sunblock, but there are apparently 13 million products, so someone is going to have to suggest something to me, or I may end up getting some elsom anti-aging face stuff.
Basically most face creams w/sunscreen will do a poor job of providing adequate uva/uvb protection. You need a seperate sunscreen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello everyone, I am a 26 year old male with no specific skin issues, but I am interested in anti-aging.

I know very little about anti-aging skin care in general, so if anyone has some basics they could share with me I would appreciate it. I should probably use sunscreen? Maybe a moisturizer or something?

For me, it is less about the short term appearance than it is about the long term health.

Thanks for any responses.
Find my blog Nutrient Wisdom (this site won't let me post a link yet) and get the skinny on anti aging facial care.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts