Skin Care Talk banner

Hello Everyone

938 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  danipage07 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I am a 55 year old with stress and wrinkles all over my face. I took care of my 91 year old mother who passed away last month and I really didn't have much time to take care of myself. Now, I have all of the time in the world and don't know what to do with myself. I was watching HSN the other night and was kind of interested in the elysee products and wanted to know if anyone has tried them before I made a purchase. Thanks so much. Oh, I have dry skin in the winter months, so I am not looking forward to the cold...

#2 ·
Hello adgirl54, you have come to the right place!!!! Go to the Anti-Aging forum before you buy anything and see what we use and what has helped us. There are fantastic people on this sight that can help you! I love Retin A and do it yourself Vitamin C Serum and my microfibre cloth. So start reading and ask lots of questions and have fun too!

#3 ·
Welcome Adgirl54~Sorry for the loss of your mother!
I could not of said it any better then Kitskid. I am too a fan of Retin~A and am waiting for all of the ingredients to arrive so I too can make my own vitamin c serum.
Try typing in "elysee" in the search button above and see if any discussions of this product pop up.
Good Luck!

#5 ·
Hello and welcome....I am care giver to my 84 year old mom. So I know what you went through... Sorry on the loss of your mother. Stress can definitely take a toll on your skin as well as your body. I recommend a good vitamin C serum..making your own is more economical and better in my opinion. If you want a ready made I suggest you use at least a 10% Vitamin C potency. A retinol product is also highly recommended. I use Green Cream Green Cream Retinol - Level 6 because my skin tolerates it better. I have normal skin in the spring/summer but dry skin in the winter...living in the Northeast does a job on my skin. Brutal winters!!! I also use anti-aging creams & moisturizers from Skinactives Product List. I have tried many products over the years and have yet to find one product line that I am faithful to ...Skinactive products seem to be working well for my skin so I will continue with that. Look around, check out the Anti-Aging Forum and please feel free to ask questions and to share what's working for you.

#6 ·
Welcome! I will have to also agree with Retin A as well. You may also look into NIA24 they contain Niacin and have had good reviews. Celebrities like Debra Messing also use this line (not that it matters but you have to figure if they're using it, it must be doing something) I'm also a huge fan of botox and derma fillers when all else fails!! Bad, I know but man does it do a good job!!! After all, topicals can only do so much. You should also look into eating healthy like incorporating more antioxidants into your diet that can actually slow down the aging process and assist with repairing the skin.

#9 ·
adgirl,

I have used both retin a Micro and the regular retin a and have found that after about a weeks use my skin began peeling, it is just caused from the super exfoliating it causes. If it tends to get too bothersome just use a moisturizer after applying the retin a. However, give it at least 20 minutes or so before apply moisturizer overtop the retin a.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.