Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I am new to this site and am excited to read all the posts and plan to participate as much as possible.

I love the subject of skin care and makeup and try to get the best there is for my skin, without spending oodles of dollars to do it.

Having problem skin (rosacea) for the last 15 years has made me more aware of what is out there, and has actually helped me take better care of my skin.
I am pretty much set on what skin care line I use, that being said I certainly will try something new, as skin care always improves and I'm open for anything!

Protecting you skin from the sun and using a good skin care line is a must especially here in Northern Alberta.

I don't mind a few lines here and there, as we all are getting older, (turning 50 this month) I'm not a fanatic, I just want to look good for my age, without looking like a stiff with no expression to my face!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hello, welcome im a new member too, im in sunny england! might be good to hear if there are any products you use that maybe available in the UK and vice versa, i suffer form very sensitive skin so have to be careful what i do use on my face. I too am very set on what products I use, but purely through trial & error have I found this out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there I am new to this site and am excited to read all the posts and plan to participate as much as possible.

I love the subject of skin care and makeup and try to get the best there is for my skin, without spending oodles of dollars to do it.

Having problem skin (rosacea) for the last 15 years has made me more aware of what is out there, and has actually helped me take better care of my skin.
I am pretty much set on what skin care line I use, that being said I certainly will try something new, as skin care always improves and I'm open for anything!

Protecting you skin from the sun and using a good skin care line is a must especially here in Northern Alberta.

I don't mind a few lines here and there, as we all are getting older, (turning 50 this month) I'm not a fanatic, I just want to look good for my age, without looking like a stiff with no expression to my face!
I'm from Southern Alberta... YEAH!!!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts

Welcome janoy!

What have you found that helps with your rosacea? Or what have you found that doesn't help?

And just remember age is only a number!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see my dermatologist and have had about 15 laser treatments that got rid of the tiny red lines on my face, need touch up at least once a year though.
I also use a compound on my face that he prescribed with 4 ingredients in it (Sal/sulf/clinderm/can't remember the other ingredient, don't have bottle with me) and that seems to help with keeping my skin smooth and bumps at bay.
I never use harsh soaps or make up on my face, wash it very gently and stay out of the sun and cover up in the winter.
Foods don't really make my Rosacea flare up as much as the sun/heat/cold/ wind/fragrances, oh and stress .
It's on going sometimes my skin looks good, but the redness is basically permanent in my cheeks and I have learned to cover it up well with make up....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see my dermatologist and have had about 15 laser treatments that got rid of the tiny red lines on my face, need touch up at least once a year though.
I also use a compound on my face that he prescribed with 4 ingredients in it (Sal/sulf/clinderm/can't remember the other ingredient, don't have bottle with me) and that seems to help with keeping my skin smooth and bumps at bay.
I never use harsh soaps or make up on my face, wash it very gently and stay out of the sun and cover up in the winter.
Foods don't really make my Rosacea flare up as much as the sun/heat/cold/ wind/fragrances, oh and stress .
It's on going sometimes my skin looks good, but the redness is basically permanent in my cheeks and I have learned to cover it up well with make up....
Hi there, I just wanted to update the compound that my Dermatologist prescribes for me.... Dr Lycka calls it the 123 treatment and here is the ingredients that is in it...

1% Hydrocortisone Powder
2% Precipitated Sulfur
3% Salicylic Acid in Cliniderm Cream 15 gm

That's it!!! Ask your doctor for this combination and if you suffer from Rosacea as I do you will love it!! My skin is smooth and clear I don't get any bumps or pustules (zits) any longer!!
Any good pharmacist will know how to mix this up properly...it should be creamy with no hard little lumps in it!

Just a note I have starting using Jan Marini Bioglycolic Cleanser that is unreal!!! My skin is beautiful and my pores??? What pores?!!!! I always thought I couldn't use these kind of cleansers on my face because of the harshness, but this cleanser is gentle enough for even the Rosacea sufferer. You can find it at Essential Day Spa website just google it!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts