Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I'm quite frightened to introduce myself after reading the replies following the doctor 'introducing' himself/herself earlier. Man, you tore them apart! (Quite rightly too, I should add).

I'm a skin care fanatic and came across this site quite by chance. Very keen to swap information. I'm 41 this year which is terrifying. My skin is great but the lines are starting to show. Have dabbled extensively with collagen, botox and peels, all with pretty good results.

·
Administrator
33,835 Posts
Lol, yes I guess it can be frightening looking from the outside in, in regards to some of our posts-but really we are a very fun loving group-

Welcome-tell me about the collagen? Were you happy with the results? I have done the botox, peels and fillers myself.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fillers? Well, if I could afford them, I would have them done regularly. Used to be around NZ$300 for 1ml, now the price has skyrocketed up to NZ$550 which puts it out of my league.

I have 'smokers' lips - vertical lines radiating out from my top lip. One in particular is quite deep and noticeable. It really bothers me and ages the face considerably. The filler was absolutely fantastic. I went for the 'Paris lip' (fuller upper lip, enhanced bow, very sexy!) and, at the same time, had the vertical lines filled.

Lasted about 9 months. Bliss. Had it done about 4 times over the last 6 years.

Who you select to advise you and administer the treatment is super important.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts