Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Toronto

I'm a late 30's gal who's always been into makeup and skin care. I'm blessed with young skin and no one believes I'm turning 40 this year. I had great skin as a kid too, but developed adult acne - mostly due to facial whiskers (as my mom always called them) on my chin. Though my recent diet change has alleviated a lot of the acne (not all unfortunately). I'm vegitarian and prefer organic cosmetics and mineral makeup.

My mom became an electrologist in her 40's and looks like I'm headed that way too. I'm going today to scope out 2 esthetician schools locally. I am really getting tired of these darned whiskers! And laser hair removal just doesn't cut it.

Looking forward to getting to know the locals here! I'm thrilled to find a skin care specific forum.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi and welcome idylarke! When I hear "facial whiskers and adult acne", this triggers "hormonal imbalance"....do you think this might be the case for you?

I had electrolysis and it worked!!! One of the best things I've done for myself! Good luck in your profession.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah hormonal imbalance lol that must be it

Might explain the raving bouts of anger for no apparent reason too? lol
And here I thought it was just my Irish temper.

Seriously, I should have that looked at huh? Maybe there's something to it.

Though the facial whiskers thing seems to be hereditary. My mom had it too. And she became an electrologist in her 40's. Funny thing that it's something I'm considering too.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts