Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Joined this site as I love all things beauty and skincare related. I am 27 years old and am thnking of preventing aging now. Do you guy think now is the time to use anti aging products? I am prone to acne too which is anoying!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi guys,

Joined this site as I love all things beauty and skincare related. I am 27 years old and am thnking of preventing aging now. Do you guy think now is the time to use anti aging products? I am prone to acne too which is anoying!
Welcome, and yes, sooner than later-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Hi guys,

Hi! Newbie here also and welcome! Soon is never too soon, IMO!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Fawnie, I have heard that retin A is meant to be amazing for preventing/treating wrinkles and that its the only clinicaly proven treatment or something like that. But I remember trying it once and it caused the biggest breakout! so I'm scared to try it again!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
yeah baby welcome I think it's better to start now than later. I started later (and it shows) so good thing to start now. Fawnie is right Retin A is great but some may experience break outs, but from what I've heard those break outs are mostly temporary. While the skin adjusts. On the other hand some do keep breaking out but maybe your Doctor can suggest an alternative if you fear a breakout.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Thanks guys.

Fawnie, I have heard that retin A is meant to be amazing for preventing/treating wrinkles and that its the only clinicaly proven treatment or something like that. But I remember trying it once and it caused the biggest breakout! so I'm scared to try it again!
So many people try retin-a and give up due to conditions like you had, irritation, burning, etc...etc.. Heck i bought some retin-a for my sister but she said she tried it once and it burned her face. Her loss.

Slow and steady is the name of the game when first using this product.

Use Retinoids the Right Way

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Thanks guys.

The breakout is called purging. It will go away with continued use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts