Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can't imagine anyone is still using carotone. That steroid infested cream that works for a while and stops working, with other side effects. The lighter spots is kojic acid soap trying to give you a bright yellow tone but first it has to remove the orange from Carotone. Some parts are picking up more than others.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I stopped using carotone line a week ago, although it lightened me like 3 shades and really made my skin way more even toned it sadly was making me sick....kidneys and liver started to hurt badly and I started to feel very sick. I used it twice a day for 4 months or so.

Also, I noticed that when I took a shower the next day, when I showered my body and face (always have use that exfoliating towel) I swear the water rinsed off just look SUPER dirty and yes! Dirty!!! Like I didn't take a shower in a week. Now I switched to palmer's and kept using my gluthathione soap, I don't see that dirtiness anymore. At first I used to think it was like a "peeling effect" ( in a positive way) due to the exfoliating and soap, but nah!...it was all the harmful additives from the products. Also, I started to notice a not very pleasant smell coming from my skin, I could even smell a strange smell coming from my once used clothes, yes even thought I only wear it once, without sweating..IT WAS THE PRODUCTS.

Have u noticed how the cream or lotion that stay inside the cap gets dark and smell weird? Agh...I'm trying to maintain my results with Palmer's which is not hydroquinone free but way more healthier since it doesn't have all those extra additives.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow! This is really interesting, I was obsessed with carotone, it was my go to lotion for 3 years and it made my skin nice and even. I did notice the horrible smell and dirty water but I too thought it was dead skin, whenever I'd travel to Europe it would stop working but once I'm back in Africa it worked like a charm (could be the weather with Zambia being very hot) that's the reason why i stopped using it, i think HQ products are the worst products you can put on your face. They do tend to cause a lot of discolouration not to mention racoon eyes, kojic acid works well with glutathione. Try getting a glutathione based cream for your face

I stopped using carotone line a week ago, although it lightened me like 3 shades and really made my skin way more even toned it sadly was making me sick....kidneys and liver started to hurt badly and I started to feel very sick. I used it twice a day for 4 months or so.

Also, I noticed that when I took a shower the next day, when I showered my body and face (always have use that exfoliating towel) I swear the water rinsed off just look SUPER dirty and yes! Dirty!!! Like I didn't take a shower in a week. Now I switched to palmer's and kept using my gluthathione soap, I don't see that dirtiness anymore. At first I used to think it was like a "peeling effect" ( in a positive way) due to the exfoliating and soap, but nah!...it was all the harmful additives from the products. Also, I started to notice a not very pleasant smell coming from my skin, I could even smell a strange smell coming from my once used clothes, yes even thought I only wear it once, without sweating..IT WAS THE PRODUCTS.

Have u noticed how the cream or lotion that stay inside the cap gets dark and smell weird? Agh...I'm trying to maintain my results with Palmer's which is not hydroquinone free but way more healthier since it doesn't have all those extra additives.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You think that will even me out? Do you think if I just stop using everything my skin color will darken back? I was usually the face cream in the small tube on my face for like 2 weeks and this happened. I just hope what I did isn’t permanent.

Just incorporate lactic lotion you can DIY or store brand like amlactic

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I purchased the palmer's skin success whitening and I mix it a little bit with a serum that I got from my local beauty supply, I don't remember the name but its orange. I apply it on damp skin once a after showering with gluthathione soap. I could say my skin maybe has gone half a tone darker but so far so good.

Carotone did evened out my skin a lot, but I was applying that twice a day. I stopped using it and my kidneys and liver pain are almost gone. Don't use that. At least I recommend you to switch to another lotion and creams with hidroquinone but not with those tons of extra chemicals such as carotone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts