Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to make a 20% HQ cream with DPG, how many tablespoons of everything do I need to make it? can someone please list the amoutn of each ingredients and tablespoon for example 4 tablespoons of eucerin, 1 of HQ 1 of DPGetc.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You want to melt the HQ (try getting it to 180-185 this time) whatever amt represents 10% of your total desired volume, into the equivalent amt of propylene glycol. You'll need to heat the Eucerin to the same temperature in another vessel then add the HQ/PG blend into the cream. You cannot pour the hot HQ/PG into room temp. lotion. If you tell me the exact volume of lotion you ultimately want to have, it can then be divided into proportional amts for your recipe. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
yep. Anywhere between 2.5-4 oz depending on how big you are & how good you are at getting thorough coverage from small amts. some people are incorrigible slatherers & will run out faster. Um...I'm in QC & we don't use oz. do you know what that is in mls off the top of yr head?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ondine sweetheart, im sorry my badness, I meant to say that this new compound is the same volume as the last one u posted up for the whole body for a week's worth

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Here's a 10% HQ/PG/EC recipe:

total volume cream: 200 ml

20ml HQ

20ml Propylene Glycol

180ml Eucerin lotion (original formula)

Don't forget your safety get-up!

Method

- Place PG in a heat proof glass container. Add the HQ. Cover in plastic wrap leaving a steam vent. Heat to 170-185 set in a pot of water or a dbl boiler & stir to ensure even melting of the HQ.

- AT THE SAME TIME, Heat the Eucerin in a separate container (covered in plastic & with a steam vent) set in a pot or dbl boiler to the same temp. The container holding the Eucerin must be large enough to hold the PG/HQ mixture as well.

- Carefully add the hot HQ/PG mixture to the hot Eucerin, stirring it in as you pour. Blend thoroughly.

- Remove from heat & set aside to cool. Once it is warm but not hot, pour into yr pump bottle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts