Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a medium skin tone and have black hair. Even after I shave my legs, my pores appear dark. I tried waxing, but it never feels completely smooth like it does when i shave and the spots still show.

Should i wait till my hair grows longer and try waxing again? Could this be Keratosis Pilaris? Suggestions would be very appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have these too... they're horrible! i used to shave my legs and i think that's how the first appeared, i now use Veet hair removal cream, seems to be a little better but they're still there :/

·
Registered
37 Posts
OMG i have those too and i hate them!

I'm a medium skin tone and have black hair. Even after I shave my legs, my pores appear dark. I tried waxing, but it never feels completely smooth like it does when i shave and the spots still show.

Should i wait till my hair grows longer and try waxing again? Could this be Keratosis Pilaris? Suggestions would be very appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Holy crap your legs look almost exactly like mine!

Not sure about KP but the appearance is not from ingrown hairs; it's from a buildup of dead skin (keratin?) around the hair follicle. Some women have tried laser treatments thinking it's the hairs to no avail. The hairs are not the problem and I don't think that how you choose to get rid of body hair (lasers vs waxing vs shaving) has much difference to do with it.

What I have learned from reading up on other forums is that Sea Breeze, Weightless BHA treatment (Paula's Choice) and Tend Skin have helped. I suspect it's the inclusion of salicylic acid in slightly higher concentrations. Also scrubbing w/ a loofah and alternating a glycolic acid with a salicylic acid lotion. I bought a 5% SA gel for feet and rubbed it on a thigh while I was sitting in traffic yesterday, and some of the dead skin around the hair follicles came off when I rubbed it @ home!

I am making a gel cream w/ a couple of different concentrations of SA to see what works. I will make a new thread when I find something.

In the meantime try using a 2% SA toner on your legs and tell us if that works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem.....and I have KP I'm a shade darker then u....but my dots are darker!:( Have u had any luck with that solution?.....Have the dots disappeared??? Please help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any results??????? I a shade or 2 darker than you.............I have the same issue but my dots are darker:(
HELP!

·
Registered
1 Posts
shainask,

I see what your talking about, I wish I knew of a way to remedy this; but only because it bothers you. I think your legs are beautiful!
Some womens legs look similar to yours when they are freshly shaved.

I don't think what your seeing are pores as much as they are the hair folicle.
I would suggest not to let it bother you, but that is easy for me to say.

I wish my opinion could work as a resolution for you. For what it is worth, I followed the picture of your legs to this site. In my humble opinion, your legs are gorgeous.
Felt compelled to reply when I read your post. My not solve your concern but a little flattery never hurts?

Everyone should post pics of their legs. OK, that was a self indulgent suggestion, but I stand behind it :)
I am sure the same is true about all of the other ladies worried about something I never saw as a flaw. I am sure you all have beautiful legs.

Billy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts